Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Official Cannondale Slice RS thread.
Quote | Reply
This has been a long time coming but finally arrived last Friday, so far its been built as standard and ridden in two mini triathlons and a 50k training ride. Not super light but 8.2kg with pedals as pictured.

Super compliant ride, plenty stiff enough and handles surprisingly well for a full blown TT rig.

Tough choice. Here is my CAAD10 in the background.

Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Jan 19, 13 12:41
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hot! So is the CAAD10 behind it.
Wanna swap?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Philosoraptor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Philosoraptor wrote:
Hot! So is the CAAD10 behind it.
Wanna swap?

Thanks and NO WAY, the CAAD10 is "built" the Slice RS is "bought", would be easier to replace the RS at the moment I think. The CAAD10 has the SRAM Red Blk groupo with the limited edition Cannondale Green highlights on it, Hollowgram crankset and a few other nice bits not to mention custom paint its 6.52kg with zipp 202's and 6.82kg with the clinchers I train on and with pedals, cages and garmin sensors. Not bad for an Alloy bike.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not bad indeed. I used to have a CAAD10. Sold it to buy my Shiv. Really wish I still had it. I would love to build up one of the raw alloy framesets with standard Red, raw alloy Hollowgrams, raw alloy Thomson seatpost and stem and probably Zipp 101s to keep with the alloy theme. Dream bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bikes, but I was expecting an Evo Blk, not a CAAD10.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great looking bike, just....the seat post.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Noof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Noof wrote:
Great looking bike, just....the seat post.

It looks like they built a beautiful bike and forgot that it needed a seat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great looking bikes...enjoy!

Team Zoot Northeast
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never gotten why the Highend Slice's have super tiny seat posts, where the mid level and entry level Slice's have beefy ones?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gorgeous bike... so ugly it's beautiful.

What's the geometry like? From Slowman's superbike comparo it sounded like it was long, low and for short people, but the Cannondale's geo charts make it appear to be even taller/shorter than the regular Slice.

For some reason I highly doubt my wife will let me upgrade from my 2012 Slice.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [gadzooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know you want one....

To the OP, great looking bikes!
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [owen.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
owen. wrote:
Gorgeous bike... so ugly it's beautiful.

What's the geometry like? From Slowman's superbike comparo it sounded like it was long, low and for short people, but the Cannondale's geo charts make it appear to be even taller/shorter than the regular Slice.

For some reason I highly doubt my wife will let me upgrade from my 2012 Slice.

Not sure about all the GEO do's n dont's But I can say this Im 190cm and all leg. I ride a 56cm CAAD10 with a 0' setback post. I basically have the legs of a 56cm and the torso of a 54cm. The CAAD10 fits me perfect, I used to ride a 2011 HiMod Slice that was a 56cm also (as per Cannondales own fit charts) I did however always feel it was to long but the 54cm Slice just felt to small under me.

This Slice RS is a 54cm which is basically the same as the old 56cm Slice. The stem is adjustable from 70mm to 120mm I have it at the shortest length and the basebar is approx 100mm lower then on my 56cm Slice (yes thats 100mm not a typo, its very very low and not adjustable height wise) the extensions can be raised up to 80mm but kinda looks...........well different when that high.

So far the bike fits me well and is super comfy. Handling is good, definatly different from the Slice but is super stable at speed its just at slow riding around a carpark kinda pace its seems a touch sketchy. It is however very comfy just like the Slice.

Hope this helps.

As a side note, not one person that has seen this bike in person and been able to touch and feel it has mentioned the look of the post. Yes its different but....... in the flesh it doesnt seem to stand out.

Chris
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Dec 12, 12 3:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Took this today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't be sure but I think I hate you a little bit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool bike, I wouldn't say ugly, I think ''Modern'' or ''robotic''.

Where did they run the front brake cable?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Front brake cable comes right up through the open "steerer tube". Pretty sleek and very clean!

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice!

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! 😂 '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Front brake cable comes right up through the open "steerer tube". Pretty sleek and very clean!

Correct, all cables enter a cable junction ontop of the steerer tube, from this point there not seen again except for the rear derailer loop. Very neat, very fiddly :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last night i was in my LBS and i saw my first Slice. it really is amazing. from the front, the bike is paper thin. in fact, it is thin all the way around. its mind boggling. and, i can't believe i'm saying this, the seat post looks ok.

when i first saw the bike, it was the white and green model, the pic posted to this forum. it was horrorific. it made me cry. however, in person, in a color other than white & key-lime, it looks good.

for me, my concern would be fitting. it only has one bottle mount. that means that the seatpost would have to accommodate a gear bag under the seat (my Orbea does not) and i'd have to adapt to a bottle between the extensions. currently i use ski bends and a bottle won't fit. you could use a Torhans straw mount, but it would be a shame to put a bottle before that leading edge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you say it's more "fiddly" than some of the other superbikes, like the Speed Concept or TM01?
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kenpetruzzelli wrote:
Would you say it's more "fiddly" than some of the other superbikes, like the Speed Concept or TM01?

I will be interested in the OP perspective. To me the Speed Concept is more "fiddly" than any bike (save maybe the P4). Working on it or adjusting it is just a royal PITA. The hidden brakes alone just suck. It looks like Cdale did a good job in hiding the brakes but making them easier to work on. I will be curious to see one in person. The LBS, which saw one at a show, says the stem and cable management is actually really easy to work with.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 I LOVE THIS BIKE!!!!! GOOD JOB CANNONDALE
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [kenpetruzzelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FIDDLY, for us poor mechanics doing the intiall build, all you END USERS will have no dramas.

Ill say this, if you buy a SLICE RS get a Scicon bag so you can trabel without having to pull down the bike. If you needed to say, remove the bars to get it into a bag or box, youll need to recable all brake and gear mechs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
FIDDLY, for us poor mechanics doing the intiall build, all you END USERS will have no dramas.

Ill say this, if you buy a SLICE RS get a Scicon bag so you can trabel without having to pull down the bike. If you needed to say, remove the bars to get it into a bag or box, youll need to recable all brake and gear mechs.

whoa. so if i was gonna fly, i would probably need to remove the bars, and that means I'd need to recable? thats kinda tough.

cuz i have this fantasy where someday I'd actually get to fly somewhere to race. ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My 2013 Cannondale Slice RS Ultegra Di2 just arrived home. It did take a couple of days for the bike shop to set it up - it's fiddly. I didn't think of the traveling issues. I'd post pictures, but I am new to this forum, and don't know what the protocol is (i don't have my own site to link an image from - if someone has an FAQ, i'd enjoy that). I have always ridden 60cm Cannondale bikes, and this one is of course a 58cm. So far the fit looks good, with plenty of adjustment. More to follow...

Prev Next