Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just cut my rear swisstop pads down to fit. No dramas.

Enjoy the ride. ..
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I like the frame very much (for TT's) what aerobar options are there on the menu apart from USE R1? The stock aerobar puts me off, really, we need FLAT BULL HORNS and THIN BARS! The whole frame is thin-ish!
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The original Ventus would look very nice on there if it could be refinished in the same matte paint.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [LEGSTRONG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anything will fit the stem. It's a normal oversized mount. so if you have a combo in mind it's a real good chance of fitting.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
....Enjoy the ride. ..

First ride out this weekend was great. Bike was great at speed... but, I've not ridden in a month, so the bike wasn't the limiting factor. Three adjustments I made after the ride, 1) I put a third 20mm riser on the front end (too much staring at the pavement), 2) I moved the seat back 1cm to give myself a little more room between the elbows and knees... And 3) I'll save the 11-23 for race day, and give myself the 12-25 back for the hilly training ride we do... :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we re-title this thread to become the "Official Cannondale Slice RS" Thread? Or will that come next? (Feeling kind of left out on the official thread.)

Quote | Reply
TriSliceRS wrote:
Can we re-title this thread to become the "Official Cannondale Slice RS" Thread? Or will that come next? (Feeling kind of left out on the official thread.)

Agree. Do I as the OP do that or is that admin issue.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Think I worked it out.

Now get some questions coming. Pics posted etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found this thread http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...=slice%20rs;#4348835

Has anyone seen or heard anymore on test data?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Few more Slice RS pics from Aus

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome build - but I just can't get over the seat post. Fix the seat post and I'd definitely upgrade my old Slice.
Quote Reply
Re: Cannondale Slice RS Blk Inc [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Make it prettier and slower? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
C'dale looks really nice. However the one thing I can't get over is the seat post 'look'. these bikes cost something close to $10k for race kit, could they not visually blend the lines a little better than the prototype look? I have(had) same issue with the P4, just does not look right for the money. Now the P5 and BH Aero are on the right track.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mfrassica wrote:
the seat post

Once this has crossed into the "official" thread, the seat post comments can go elsewhere. :-) This is now a thread for owners and would-be owners to find out more about the bike, share best practices, show your ride (committed to the full "look" and all) and answer questions for folks interested in optimizing or riding faster on this bike! If you don't like the bike, I (we owners) have made my peace with you, and you should have made your peace with yourself (without having to let us know)... but then go buy something else. (Maybe we need an "Official Cannondale Slice RS Seat Post Rant thread" to channel and capture all the idol banter. The critique is already well documented.)

As for my setup. 808's on the way. Should be here by next weekend. (Along with the snow).

Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Jan 20, 13 9:37
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, I understand. I will bow out of this forum and not mention the seat post again.

Although, I just notices the person two/three posts above who also took exception to post as well. So I will let others address issue in the future.

Of note, I still ride my C'dale model year 2000, R1000 road bike. Cannondale for sure builds good quality stuff, that seat post just hurts my eyes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have just managed to fit some SRAM TT adjustable 990 brake levers. Although the black inc edition is pictured in the catalog with these they shipped with the alloy levers. I now know why. The vision carbon basebar has internal cable routing and doesn't allow for the cable to run thru the centre into the lever. Not to mention the bars have a smaller internal diameter then the brake levers. But....... after some lets call it modifications. They are now installed making wheel swaps much more easier.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seatpost aside- I do think the Matte Black finish and 808's that it's an awesome looking bike. I have an '09 Slice - and having issues with it at the minute (several Cannondale staff and bike mechanics said it has a crack in the frame - but Cannondale are rejecting this) and so would be reluctant to think about a Cannondale again. Definitely think when you are spending so much on a bike the after market support is critical (I love hearing the great stories that Trek and Cervelo people have on this forum). Hopefully Cannondale lift their game.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Australia thru our shop we have never had a frame rejected. Nothing but over and above expected service with Cannondale Aus. Sorry to hear you guys have trouble over your way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you in Melbourne?? The dealer I took the bike to was very confident it would be replaced quite easily. I find it very amazing that they will assess the bike from a photo when there have been multiple mechanics that assessed it in person... Obviously feel quite disappointed by the whole chain of events...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [lmbasell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No mate. We are on the Gold Coast. Qld.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
The vision carbon basebar has internal cable routing and doesn't allow for the cable to run thru the centre into the lever. Not to mention the bars have a smaller internal diameter then the brake levers...

Any guesses on whether the upcoming Shimano DA Di2 TT lever/shifters will work?

Quote | Reply
I really like the bike and wish it would be included in some of the more comprhensive aero tests. Not fond of the look of the seat post, but I bet its the most aero out their. The seat tube has to be fairly massive for various aero and engineering reasons (shield the rear wheel, support BB, etc.)

But the seat post can be much smaller and for any given shape a smaller version will be faster than a bigger one. So you are stuck with using a SP the same size of the seat tube, which looks nice, or using a small one which is fast.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On the ultegra Di2 bike. My guess is the new Di2 levers will be fine. As one it runs a different Alloy baseboard and the SRAM 990 brake levers come standard and fit perfect with no mods needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
On the ultegra Di2 bike.... it runs a different Alloy baseboard....

Dang, and I thought I had an excuse to upgrade to the Trimax Carbon Base Bars :-)... (which btw I am suprised this Di2 bike doesn't come with)... How much $$ is worth spending to drop 54grams. :-)

Quote | Reply
A reply to my self-->> THIS IS THE DEAL I WAS LOOKING FOR!! ( all thumbs up, from my side)

http://cycling-passion.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cannondale-Team-Bikes-2013.jpg

The New CANNONDALE PRO TEAM (ex-Liquigas) machines!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next