Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bikes I have built came out of the box as a frame and fork, rear wheel/derailler and brake arms all installed...... I think that was it, everything else was in two boxes. The Stem extensions and the different length bolts, the Aero extension risers and the different length bolts, different length T bolts for the brakes, the brake noodle thingies that need to be cut down depending on the frame size (headtube length), chain, cranks and possibly more stuff aswell. I think the seat wedge was in the frame and held in place with some packaging tape.

Hope that helps

Chris

ParisCarbon wrote:
Hi,
Ordered from a local shop...I am building it up myself as I am taking my Campagnolo Record 10s and SRM from my Slice and stripping the Ultegra off the RS... I unboxed the bike at home hoping to start the swap when I noticed that the parts were missing..the build instructions for the bike were also not included..the only reason I really knew parts were missing was because I downloaded the supplement from the Cannondale website....

Ive already contacted the shop, they are great guys and Im sure it will get sorted out...

Im just curious this "build kit" you talk about... would that be the risers and stem extensions?? I got the risers cable guides etc... the only things that appear to be missing are the seat wedge, and the extensions.. and the bolts for a zero extension stem... right now its stuck at 12cm and I cant go any shorter... well the bike is unrideable anyways with no seatpost...

I will also need to order the KP248 109mm spindle kit for my SRM just like I needed on my EVO for clearance...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK.. well my bike did not have tape over the seat post insert.. so Im guessing it was never installed in the first place... and Ive looked in the box over and over again.. you know.. kinda like when you keep going to the fridge looking for food.. theres nothing in there you really want, but you keep hoping the food fairy showed up and put something in there :)

Stem Extensions are non existant..

Curious on the bikes you built.. was the cable guide installed inside the BB already?? Mine was NOT installed, and you can't get in there unless you pop at least one bearing out of the BB shell as the guide won't fit through the bearing... so whoever built this bike installed the entire crank system, and left the guide out. I have it in the box.. but even the local shop would have to disassemble the whole BB to install the guide.. I just find that odd it was missed.. I aslo received the Electronic battery mount with the bike.. its almost like they started buildign the bike as the electronic version and then said go mechanical on this one half way through...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MMMM, I have built 3 so far, another (my new one) due to arrive hopefully this week.

The ultegra Di2 did have the PF30 cups and bearings installed as was the BB cable guide, its easier to cable if you remove the guide to get the cables thru (less chance of kinking them) yes the PF30 cups will need to come out. My Black Inc had no bearings or cups installed but had the BB cable guide, I have also had one that had no internal cable guides running from the headtube to the BB. They seem to be a little bit inconsistent off the production line so far, im sure this will improve BUT....... they ride so smooth and FAST it doesnt bother me. I just allow plenty of time to piece them together.

ParisCarbon wrote:
Curious on the bikes you built.. was the cable guide installed inside the BB already?? Mine was NOT installed, and you can't get in there unless you pop at least one bearing out of the BB shell as the guide won't fit through the bearing... so whoever built this bike installed the entire crank system, and left the guide out. I have it in the box.. but even the local shop would have to disassemble the whole BB to install the guide.. I just find that odd it was missed.. I aslo received the Electronic battery mount with the bike.. its almost like they started buildign the bike as the electronic version and then said go mechanical on this one half way through...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Canadian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice looking bike Canadian.

I assume your talking about the rear brake....... Yes i had it pretty much rub free, out of the saddle under full load I had a touch of rub (not with HED jet90 only with the stock 808FC) after I installed the SRAM TT990 levers, the Black Inc came out of the box with the Alloy Vision levers and was totally rub free. The rear brake cable can get pretty dirty pretty quickly down there causing drag, you will need the brake caliper springs running on full boost then hopefully if no kinks in the cable when installing them you should be rub free.

Chris

Canadian wrote:
Here's mine!

A quick question if you don't mind...

Where you able to keep your brake from rubbing? When I brake, the drive side brake pad is not springing back and I'm constantly getting brake rub. If I loosed the cable I can't stop. I have to physically push the brake to center it again.
Quote:
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: May 5, 13 2:45
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Nice looking bike Canadian.

I assume your talking about the rear brake....... Yes i had it pretty much rub free, out of the saddle under full load I had a touch of rub (not with HED jet90 only with the stock 808FC) after I installed the SRAM TT990 levers, the Black Inc came out of the box with the Alloy Vision levers and was totally rub free. The rear brake cable can get pretty dirty pretty quickly down there causing drag, you will need the brake caliper springs running on full boost then hopefully if no kinks in the cable when installing them you should be rub free.

Chris

Canadian wrote:
Here's mine!

A quick question if you don't mind...

Where you able to keep your brake from rubbing? When I brake, the drive side brake pad is not springing back and I'm constantly getting brake rub. If I loosed the cable I can't stop. I have to physically push the brake to center it again.
Quote:

Thank you for the advice. I just got it working!

I love the bike. My final touch is finding the right adapter for my GXP Quarq.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Canadian wrote:

I think this is what you want:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/...vativ-9081.19.1.html
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [asad137] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
asad137 wrote:
Canadian wrote:

I think this is what you want:
http://www.competitivecyclist.com/...vativ-9081.19.1.html

Hey thanks. I started with that one, then bought the PF30 to SRAM, and now have the universal BB30 to SRAM on the way. The Quarq needs a unique spacing. I'll get there! Maybe I just need to sell this quarq and get a new one.

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just get the hollowgram SiSl2 cranks........ :-) they are compatible with almost everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Just get the hollowgram SiSl2 cranks........ :-) they are compatible with almost everything.

Even a Quarq?

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty sure you can get a quark spider that screws onto the cranks then use your choice of chain rings. I'm positive they have SRM or Quark spiders for them. The team uses the SRM set up and I'm trying to justify the expense for my new bike lol.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Here it is here.

http://www.quarq.com/quarq-cannondale

Nice! I'm trying to prevent myself from justifying this ;)

Chris Thornham
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dont bother is not possible. Have you seen the weight of those cranks. Rotating weight my friend. Check out the specs of the crankset. Youllbe sold. Quite possibly the only cranks worthy of such a fine bike. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pretty ironic that someone is trying to convince Chris to buy a lighter crank because of rotating weight. You do know he has made a pretty good business out of selling 2000 gram wheelsets, right?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep nice wheels. Would look great with nice crankset positioned between them. ..... LOL :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does the Slice RS Ultegra Di2 come with base bar shifters?

I am hearing it does not, and that you have to buy the dura ace base bar shifters separately, but that it is compatible with the junction box.

Please tell me that Slice RS Ultegra Di2 TT comes with base bar break/shifters included for a price of $7200!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [JBAX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine came with just the aerobar shifters. I ended up having to get the Dura Ace Di2 brake lever/shifters aftermarket along with the 5-port junction box.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dare I ask how much the base bar shifters and junction box cost?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [JBAX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They weren't available in the US yet, so I got them from Germany. I think they were about $400 total for both. I swapped to Zipp bars at the same time, so I can't comment on how they'll work with the Vision bars. I also ended up selling the SRAM levers here on ST, which helped make up for some of the cost.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No they didn't come specd with the basebar shifters but I'd say that's cause they didn't exist when this bike would have been originally specd. My guess is next year's model will have the base bar shifters.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
Mine came with just the aerobar shifters. I ended up having to get the Dura Ace Di2 brake lever/shifters aftermarket along with the 5-port junction box.

allenpg. where did you fit the 5 port junction box do you have any pics?

Im working on a different solution but if you managed to hide it Im interested in seeing where.

Chris
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Chris-

I'll take some photos this weekend, when I can shoot outdoors in better light. The new junction box works great with the Zipp Alumina base bar. I can barely see it from the front.

-Pete

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did anyone else notice the cable routing? ???

Its not running di2 so where are the brake cables. Also what base bar is that with SLICE on the side. Is this a new bar that intergrates the brake cables somehow?????

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just found this

Looking toward its collaboration with Cannondale, Vision set out to develop a new aerobar system to integrate seamlessly with the Slice RS time trial bike. The result is the Metron TFA, which was developed with the same extensive testing protocol as the new wheels.

I thought the tfa was a bar/stem/extensions in one piece type set up.

Maybe new stuff for next year? ???

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is weird cable routing. I'm wondering if the brake cables don't enter through the stem extensions somehow. It already looks like they drilled a few custom holes for the derailleur cables.

Quote Reply

Prev Next