Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just flew to melbourne with mine in a scicon aero comfort bike bag. No problems at all. I did angle the sram r2c shifters down and remove the rear derailer as a precaution but otherwise all good. No dramas at all. Trying to fit it into a standard cardboard bike box...... no way not for me. I like to have my bike perfect then itgoes from the work stand to the bike bag. Less stress when I get to the race.

Thanks also for the tips re position. Ive tried different saddles over the years on different bikes and never got my hips to roll forward I think its due to a back injury/accident I had when younger. Although I dont LOOK textbook I am comfortable well as comfy as you can be for 180k :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:

Nice bike BTW. Oh, and how do you like those meles? Been looking at picking up a pair.

Honestly I bought them only for the colour. They are okay nice and light. I have mavic for my road bike I think they are awesome. The mele just seem a touch flimsy compared to other shoes ive had and are a touch small compared to the mavic. There not at all a bad shoe. But next set will be the mavic tri shoe I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [styrrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Eitheryway the bars on the RS dont turn past say 50' (this is a guess) but they dont turn like a bike with a conventional steerer tube/headstem setup so you would need to remove the bars from the stem completely to get them to pack next to the frame. If you were running the stem at its longest and if you had something like 60/80mm of risers under the extensions you MAY have enough cabling to do it. I cant on my bike but Id be lucky to have about two inches of exposed outer cabling and the brake cable inners are cut real short after the pinch bolt. This is why I chose the scicon aero comfort. Easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Eitheryway the bars on the RS...
what size is your bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
54cm with stem at its shortest length and 20mm of risers under extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would anyone in the loop with Cannondale know about the bars that C'dale Pro Cycling are using on their Slice RS bikes? Branded as Vision but looks very proprietary.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [hansonator69] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone changed their base bars on the slice? The bend at the end by the brakes killing my wrists when i ride. I rode my buddy's Trek concept around the block and the bontragers on there were so comfy. I know you should be in aero as much as possible, but i ride hills frequently that don't allow for aero position. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [trperfit262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I havnt changed my bars but its easy its a standard size bar/stem mount is it 31.x mm so pretty much anything out there will fit .

trperfit262 wrote:
Has anyone changed their base bars on the slice? The bend at the end by the brakes killing my wrists when i ride. I rode my buddy's Trek concept around the block and the bontragers on there were so comfy. I know you should be in aero as much as possible, but i ride hills frequently that don't allow for aero position. Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [trperfit262] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switched to the Zipp Vuka Alumina base bar and extensions. They have more adjustability than the Vision bars.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you went with the 54 cm.. what have you ridden in other TT bikes? I rode a 54 cervelo. Sizing seems similar but maybe a 52 would be a consieration. seems the adjustability of the stem on the slice rs allows for a good amount of flexibility.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [caffeinatedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In TT bikes I had a 56 himod slice from 2011 I'm a medium BH GCAero and yes I had the 54 slice rs. I have since had a client come in and by my blk inc slice rs so am currently in the process of ordering/building a new bike (yes it is a slice rs) I'm considering going up a size as it will raise the base bar 20mm yet only lengthen the reach by 10-15mm. Stay tuned for pics as this bike comes together. I'm thinking a little bit custom not one of the models from the brochure. ..........
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Apr 17, 13 14:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.. Did you like the ride?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [caffeinatedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely that's why I'm building another one. Ride is super smooth and very compliant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please can you let me know what you get 'in the box;' with a RS Slice?
I am having mine built now and my shop told me that the different length stems are 'extra' and don't come in the box, is this right?
Thanks for your help.

http://www.gsterb.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [GsterB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GsterB wrote:
Please can you let me know what you get 'in the box;' with a RS Slice?
I am having mine built now and my shop told me that the different length stems are 'extra' and don't come in the box, is this right?
Thanks for your help.
i got four extra 'stems' of different lengths with mine, and a dozen spacers for raising the clip ons....
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [GsterB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No that is not right. You get all thestem spacers to make it from 80mm to 120mm and aero extension risers for up to 80mm you also get two different length T bolts for the brake pads depending on the width of rim you will be using. Its a big box of spares.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
...you also get two different length T bolts for the brake pads depending on the width of rim you will be using...
Thanks for this... I am planning to switch over to the 808's soon, and will dig into the spares to find those bolts. Also. Do you remove the crank when messing with the rear brakes? I got to get quicker at doing that, and making sure I have all the tools.
Last edited by: TriSliceRS: Apr 18, 13 14:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes cranks come out but that's easy. Basically the bikes come as a frame with the forks on, the rear wheel and rear derailer the rest is in a big parts box.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Secteur Pave wrote:
Yes cranks come out but that's easy. Basically the bikes come as a frame with the forks on, the rear wheel and rear derailer the rest is in a big parts box.
ok... So checking the spares, it was a total of four stems, including the one on the bike. Pave, I assume these small silver t bolts are what you mentioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats them
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some of you may know that my beloved Cannondale Slice RS Black Inc was sold to a client a few weeks ago..... oh well thats the fun of being involved in a shop that sells Cannondale. Please dont worry LOL I am in the process of piecing together another but this time not out of the brouchure. I will of course share pics when its ready to roll. In the meantime the new owner of has sent me some pics of the mods he has made including new wheels and rotor rings and I thought you may like a look.

[URL=http://s16.photobucket.com/...zpsff4c8d1b.jpg.html][/url]
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just picked up my Slice RS today but I am missing parts.. I am rebuilding with my parts, and selling my older Slice..

When I unboxed it, I discovered I am missing the wedge to hold the seatpost in the frame, and also missing all the stem extension units.. the only one I have is the 40mm one and it was installed already in the bike.. so I can't even go for a 80mm length as the bolts arent there!!

I am assuming that the stem extensions from 0 upto 40mm were all supposed to be included with the associated hardware???

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear that. But yes every bike I have built had come with all stem length and extension riser spacers and associated bolts among other parts depending on how you choose to build it. The seat post binder bolt should have been in the bike. Did you buy it from a shop BUILT or was it shipped from a shop or did you buy it over the interweb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,
Ordered from a local shop...I am building it up myself as I am taking my Campagnolo Record 10s and SRM from my Slice and stripping the Ultegra off the RS... I unboxed the bike at home hoping to start the swap when I noticed that the parts were missing..the build instructions for the bike were also not included..the only reason I really knew parts were missing was because I downloaded the supplement from the Cannondale website....

Ive already contacted the shop, they are great guys and Im sure it will get sorted out...

Im just curious this "build kit" you talk about... would that be the risers and stem extensions?? I got the risers cable guides etc... the only things that appear to be missing are the seat wedge, and the extensions.. and the bolts for a zero extension stem... right now its stuck at 12cm and I cant go any shorter... well the bike is unrideable anyways with no seatpost...

I will also need to order the KP248 109mm spindle kit for my SRM just like I needed on my EVO for clearance...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine!

A quick question if you don't mind...

Where you able to keep your brake from rubbing? When I brake, the drive side brake pad is not springing back and I'm constantly getting brake rub. If I loosed the cable I can't stop. I have to physically push the brake to center it again.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next