Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Secteur Pave] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Something must be up.. on Wednesday they told my shop it was the rear brake issue and a fix was in the works, and not to worry about it.. Friday they got a message that says now they want to stress test the frame!!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI, I am also based in the U.S. and got the "stress testing" response with no definitive statements or answers...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have had a terrible time getting the HED Stingers to fit with these brakes. With a little sand paper, I did get them to work though. When I next replace the cables, I was thinking of using Nokon. Has anyone tried using Nokon cables (or equivalent "closed" system) for the brakes (especially the rear)? I was thinking that running the Nokon lining through the entire frame might be a little easier than the using those short cables guides that come with the frame. I would think braking might be smoother as well. Thx in advance for any thoughts.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [gellison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the Hed Stingers on my Slice RS. I ended up using some older Zipp pads and the removing spacers. I actually have plenty of room now. My only complain is that the brakes are grabby. They stop fine for me though.

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ran into another issue while building... trying to install Campagnolo 10s on the bike.. I have my SRM installed with a 54T chainring up front... the front derailleur (CT and STD model) is not going to work... the tail of the deraulleur is so high above the ring that it will never be able to shift.. theres literally 2 teeth of the chainring that will really push it over up front...

Is the braze on clamp adjustable? Or is rivoted in.. it does not look adjustable to me.. maybe Im wrong..

Are the campagnolo deraillieurs just that shallow of a design???
Quote Reply
Post deleted by GsterB [ In reply to ]
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [GsterB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I were Cannondale, I wouldn't use the term "stress testing". This conjures up guys whacking your frame with a hammer (or at least putting it under extreme forces using a machine)...:) They should have given there reps/shops talking points, like "frame integrity will be reassessed to ensure its meets original design specifications". Also, emphasizing that this is merely a proactive (not reactive) recall out of their dedication to ensuring consumers not only have safe products, but also ones that meet the original high standards they expect, yada, yada...

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Riggghhhtttt ...
6 weeks out from my A Race (LP) and they want me to send my frame in for stress testing ...
WTF ???
That's not gonna happen ...
It took me 6 weeks to get my RS functioning properly ... AND the rear v brake still has issues.
EPIC FAIL on the RS :-((((
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [SuperMegaWatts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well finally got it all together and out for a ride... I know its on recall, but I have Prov TT championships in under 2 weeks.. who needs brakes in a TT anyways :)

Ive been racing and working on my own bikes for 25 years now... some key areas I think are a royal PITA...

1) The cable routing... feeding all those little cables into that small cable guide in the BB ... all I can say is wow.. I wouldn't wish that initial task on my worst enemy!!
2) Im using a 54T ring for Time Trials, which required me to either remove the chainring, or driveside crank for setting up the brakepad!! The teeth on the chainring were conveniently about .5mm in the way!
3) Always make sure the brake noodles are fully inserted INTO the flexible metal tubes... if they are not, the brakes will not pull evenly...

Im not looking forward to having to rebuild this thing again.. that for sure.. but lessons were learnt on the initial build!!

Couple of sidenotes... where are you guys measuring saddle height from? I measured my 82.5cm like my road bike and my leg was pretty well locked out at the bottom of the pedal stroke!! So I needed to lower it considerably... no big deal really..

Overall, I think the bike rides amazing and is fast for sure... just jumping on and riding with no tweaking of position gave me my fastest 11.3k loop Ive ever done where I ride...

Will Cannondale be providing us with all new cables on th recall... the cables are going to be so distorted after all the bends in them that theyh will never get back through the internal guides properly...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The more you build the easier they get. I'm not scared of them any more lol. I take the bb cable guide out of its holes so to speak. Makes it Heaps easier to run the cables through. Brakes are awesome and plenty powerful if they are set up correctly. Yes cranks out for almost all rear end work even with a 53t you can get away with removing the left crank and just pushing the right side through enough to gain access to the brake but then you may aswell remove it all the way any way. Agree they are fast to ride. Slow to build. Ha ha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I'm racing my first HIM next weekend and a IM later this summer with my new Slice RS.
Does anyone have a good hydration system to recommend ? Been looking at the x-wing stuff, but it's a bit pricey.
Also looking for a good idea on where to stash my bars/gels, hard to come by a good solutions when theres no stem to hide things behind.

Ideas ?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [aalveng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Go back a few pages and you will see what I used for Ironman Melbourne. Trusty cage zipp tied between bars and behind seat. works perfectly. I had nutrition in my pockets so bento box things wernt needed.

Good luck in the upcoming races.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [aalveng] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
aalveng wrote:
I'm racing my first HIM next weekend and a IM later this summer with my new Slice RS. ... Also looking for a good idea on where to stash my bars/gels, hard to come by a good solutions when there's no stem to hide things behind. Ideas ?

Fyi, this isn't a Slice RS, but this set up will work perfectly on your cannondale. The bento pack, an advanced Speedpack 483, will mount to your top tube 100% securely without holding on to your cables, stem, or steerer.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well... dropped off the RS at the bike shop Monday July 1st for the brake mount warranty recall. I told them about my Leadman race on Sept 21, and (not sure if I shared this here) my first-IM-ever in Cozumel on Dec 1st!!!!! ... I hope these guys (c'dale) can turn this baby around quickly... I'll let you know how fast it happens.

Quote | Reply
Did anyone notice what bikes the (some/all) of the Cannondale riders were on in this year's TdF TTT stage? I think I caught a few glimpses of a few of teh Slice RS bikes with a different front end....anyone else notice the same thing?

eric
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ericv2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just found this on the interweb....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, pics will start coming out soon. Just heard from my local cannondale dealer that they just had a dealer camp for Cannondale retailers.

Apparently some changes coming to the front end of the slice RS. No more. Details than that yet. I also expect some change in paint schemes too.

Eric
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was making a small width adjustment on my rs brake lever in the rear. Heard a noise and now I have no tension on the rear lever non drive side.. So when it's connected and I engage the brake it does not go back to neutral it stays rubbing the runs.. These brakes are new to me. Thoughts? Of course I'm racing tomorrow and Sunday
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was making a small width adjustment on my rs brake lever in the rear. Heard a noise and now I have no tension on the rear lever non drive side.. So when it's connected and I engage the brake it does not go back to neutral it stays rubbing the runs.. These brakes are new to me. Thoughts? Of course I'm racing tomorrow and Sunday
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [caffeinatedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
caffeinatedtri wrote:
Thanks

Ah the dreaded "click" im going to guess you have un wound thegrub screw to far allowing the spring thru so to speak. What ever you do.... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO WIND IT BACK IN until you remove it and rest the spring or you risk stripping the thread on the brake arm. You'll need to remove the brake arm from the frame and reset the spring. Its not hard just time consuming. Good luck.
Last edited by: Secteur Pave: Jul 9, 13 17:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ericv2013] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember seeing that cannondale was developing an integrated bar for the RS instead of the Vision set up. I'm guessing this is what you saw.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the response.. too late though, I attempted to unwind it and it is stripped.. lesson learned. man between shipping this bike back soon for a recall and the delay in geting it this bike has been a pain... i love the ride for the 5 weeks i have had it though.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [caffeinatedtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bugger, sorry to hear that, you may be able to use some plumbers teflon tape around the grub screw, to make it hold for the weekends race. Pull the brake arm off, unscrew the grub screw, reset the spring, then refit the grub screw with the tape. reinstall the brake arm and adjust. Dont unscrew the grub screw to far or the spring will release again and youll need to start over.

The brakes have a bit of a learning curve but hardly anything wrong with them. Just take your time and you should be right.

Good luck with the brake and the race.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My Slice RS is back (at my LBS) from the recall check up. But. The LBS found a couple of suspicious hairline cracks in the fork, and have sent photo's to Cannondale to see if they think there is an issue. Other than that, a four week turn around, and if the fork works out i'll have the bike back soon.

Quote | Reply
So my Slice RS has been back with Cannondale UK since June and still no official date for a return, the TT and Tri seasons are pretty much over here and Cannondale cannot give me a specific return date but ask for another 2 weeks...... has anyone actually had a returned Slice RS that is back on the road??

Getting slightly annoying now to say the least!
Quote Reply

Prev Next