Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [JoelO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So, did two zwift workouts this week. Friday's ride was a course, but generally watts were up. But my Saturday long ride, did 30 minutes more than last week which was planned. But no shit there I was and I had 14 more watts. Placebo effect here? Hoping not.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying to last post.

Anyone else notice that Zwift is not registering some of your completed routes from recent rides? I rode a couple of new routes over the last couple days (and ran one) and saw the you completed banner and everything. Looking today as I look to pick my ride and does not register me as having gotten the badge? What gives? It is not every time either. The route I rode yesterday, it worked on but not the one I ran yesterday though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've done several routes in the last week and they have all registered. During the last two weeks I've been having issues with the game freezing, getting a spinning cursor and the message that zwift is not responding. If I have finished a route on those rides, it does not show as completed and the ride does not save. Are you having troubles with freezing too?

Scott

I have deceptive speed.........I'm slower than I look!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Skoalz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not had any problems with getting a spinning cursor during the ride. I had troubles with it connecting at the start of one ride, but switched to my iPad and it worked fine (usually use Apple TV). But the run that did not register was tracked on my iPhone and had no issues at all.

That is part of my confusion, this is across multiple different devices and days. Not to mention on one day some things registered and others did not.

Interestingly enough, Zwift shows that I did a ride on that day in the calendar and shows the correct distance. Just not the badge for completing the route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anybody made the switch to Rouvy?

I Zwift about once or twice a week, always using a preloaded workout and using ERG mode. Don't like the bloated software, difficulty in finding the menu items (why do I have to start a ride to see the menu?) and I have Bluetooth issues if I use my HR monitor. Might be able to correct that using the Companion app, but tried it awhile back to no avail. Anyways, anyone with similar issues using Rouvy?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This one is worth the attention of folks selling these products AND Zwift............kind of like how some scales now can report up weight, make it so that if you own a Notio or similar that you can utilize an obtained CdA from the devices. I bet they'd get some sales of those devices from that!

I would LOVE that.

It annoys me to no end to be so dang slow in Zwift on the TT bike, but able to rip it outside in the wild.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Matt J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Matt J wrote:

I Zwift about once or twice a week, always using a preloaded workout and using ERG mode. Don't like the bloated software, difficulty in finding the menu items (why do I have to start a ride to see the menu?) and I have Bluetooth issues if I use my HR monitor. Might be able to correct that using the Companion app, but tried it awhile back to no avail. Anyways, anyone with similar issues using Rouvy?

I'm interested as well in Rouvy to have more routes for longer Z2 rides. But can't find a good route list without downloading a trial.

Like it seems there's supposed to be a ton of routes, but when I search for US climbs on the website.....there's like six. Six.

I'd do it if I could find some stuff I'm interested in riding. Like lots of fondo routes in the NC mountains or something.

Other thing is, how do the routes work? Since it is real video, is it clunky in that your workout starts with almost no warmup lead in to the climb? The Zwift routes have some lead in to climbs where you can warmup. I would assume the fondo routes would be more like that.

Also, can't you record your own video routes? Then re-ride them indoors?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
Matt J wrote:

I'm interested as well in Rouvy to have more routes for longer Z2 rides. But can't find a good route list without downloading a trial.

Like it seems there's supposed to be a ton of routes, but when I search for US climbs on the website.....there's like six. Six.

I'd do it if I could find some stuff I'm interested in riding. Like lots of fondo routes in the NC mountains or something.

Other thing is, how do the routes work? Since it is real video, is it clunky in that your workout starts with almost no warmup lead in to the climb? The Zwift routes have some lead in to climbs where you can warmup. I would assume the fondo routes would be more like that.

Also, can't you record your own video routes? Then re-ride them indoors?

I switched Zwift to Rouvy and haven't looked back.

I'll give quick answers, but I wonder if it's better to move this to a "Rouvy Ask Me Anything Thread"?

1. I had frequent dropouts on Zwift. Zero drops on Rouvy.
  2. You can upload your own courses to Rouvy. I've used MapMyRide to chart a few of the sprint courses I race and upload them to Rouvy. I haven't tried to record a ride and upload it, but I imagine you'd do it the same way.
  3. The Rouvy routes are the routes. So if it's a climb, it may just be the climb with little warmup. However, you can see the layout of the entire ride before starting.
  4. I use it for structured workouts imported from Training Peaks and free rides of 75-90 minutes.

In my opinion, you will like Rouvy if you generally like solo rides and just need an interface to spice up indoor riding. You won't find massive races or group rides (or I should say I haven't searched them out.) That said, one thing you can do on Rouvy is pick a virtual rider to race against. If it's a course I've ridden before, I always add my previous rider to the course and race myself if I'm feeling spicy.

There are a lot courses in Rouvy from all over the world. I've ridden parts of Kona and other IM courses. You can sort based on elevation, distance, location, etc. When I find one I like, I add it to my Favorites so I don't have to search again.

I use a Kickr, AppleTV, and Wahoo HRM as my tech. I've also used Garmin Vectors as my power.

Happy to answer anything else but, again, it feels like a thread hijack, so maybe a new thread or PM me.
Last edited by: JFHJR: Dec 10, 21 8:38
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone having recent trouble with Zwift on Win10 connecting to hardware via all three methods — BT, ANT+, and Companion? It has worked for years until recently, like maybe before the last 2 or 3 Zwift updates. I can uninstall/reinstall Zwift, deleting the residual files that don’t uninstall, and it’ll work just once. Then it’s back to frustration. It will work running Zwift on my iPhone, just too small of a screen for me. Things I found on other forums don’t seem to help. Anybody here know anything?

Proud member of FISHTWITCH: doing a bit more than fish exercise now.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [HalfSpeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my typical platform for zwift cycle is win10, and i haven't had that occur. but i'll look into this.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How long can you leave a ride workout loaded and started so you can jump on instantly next morning to save time? Like after dinner set it up then crawl out of bed in morning and walk to the shed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My question above never came up, I just can’t wakeup that early for it to matter.

Otherwise for all things holy, why the hell is the TT bike sooooo slow in Zwift? I’ve the fastest Canyon and full disc setup and still it’s slow.

In Tempus doing like 285 and only went like 26.5mph for the long segment. Outside on a road like that I would be doing nearly 28mph.

Even the last two minutes doing 350w I never cracked 30mph. Outside my cda must be a whole 0.050 or 0.075 better. Geez.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if there is some way to see how many times you have done various routes within Zwift? Just a random curiosity as to what my most traveled routes are over a season.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
Does anyone know if there is some way to see how many times you have done various routes within Zwift? Just a random curiosity as to what my most traveled routes are over a season.

I don't think that there is. If there's a Strava segment on the route, that could be a workaround. The only one that I track is the ADZ, but it's easy because there's a Strava segment for the entire climb as well as the individuals parts.

Mike Sparks

I have competed well, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Sparks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sparks wrote:
ryans wrote:

I don't think that there is. If there's a Strava segment on the route, that could be a workaround. The only one that I track is the ADZ, but it's easy because there's a Strava segment for the entire climb as well as the individuals parts.

I was looking for something else. I checked Strava, but for my ADZ runs I know it has not captured all of them. Oh well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not exactly the route but you can check how many times you've ridden a certain timed segment within the route.
On the Zwift Companion app, go to More->Routes->(Select route)->(Choose segment at the bottom)
They are grouped quarterly and you can see how many times you've ridden per quarter and also check each and every time.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Xath10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Xath10 wrote:
Not exactly the route but you can check how many times you've ridden a certain timed segment within the route.
On the Zwift Companion app, go to More->Routes->(Select route)->(Choose segment at the bottom)
They are grouped quarterly and you can see how many times you've ridden per quarter and also check each and every time.

I will give this a shot. Thanks for the idea.

Now, my new wrinkle…

So, a couple days ago i rode the climb portal up Col de Trebiac. Happened to stumble into the polka dot jersey (later in the day, not a lot of riders at that time…). Go for my ride yesterday and want to ride up Col d Ordino so I choose the climb portal from the main screen which specifically says Col d Ordino. It spawns my rider, still wearing the polka dot jersey?!? Start riding and as I approach the portal it says Col de Trebiac?!? So I quit that run try again and same thing. Instead of riding the same climb I just do another route.

Any thoughts on why my Zwift seems to be stuck like this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Had it do a weird thing today. In erg workout it seemed to grab the tt bike meter to control. Then during free ride it went to trainer. Then another workout module and back to bike meter. Finish up free ride and back to trainer. Reason I know is the Kickr reads a few high. Nothing bad but it was annoying not having it stick to a source.

Doing same power free ride felt easier as indicated by lower HR.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
new problem. the wife is on a KICKR ROLLR. power, controllable and cadence all pair in zwift. she pedals. her avatar stands there with a foot on the road. both drums are spinning on the ROLLR. her account is up to date (recently reactivated for the winter). any guesses?

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the power meter on the bike correctly paired to the Rollr? You won't move at all in Zwift without watts.

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [gplama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gplama wrote:
Is the power meter on the bike correctly paired to the Rollr? You won't move at all in Zwift without watts.

this particular bike she's using has no power meter. it's first thing in the morning where i am and my coffee hasn't kicked in, but i don't remember the ROLLR needing a power meter on the bike.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Potentially VERY dumb answer incoming, but:

you sure the ROLLR is what connected?

Kelly and I have occasionally fucked that up with our trainers being located next to one another here in the basement. And then wondering why we're not going anywhere.

Particularly fun when you've joined a race.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Potentially VERY dumb answer incoming, but:

you sure the ROLLR is what connected?

Kelly and I have occasionally fucked that up with our trainers being located next to one another here in the basement. And then wondering why we're not going anywhere.

Particularly fun when you've joined a race.

good thought. but...

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AH. OK, I think I have it.

If you have ROLLR connected to power, but there's no powermeter on the bike, it will always read zero watts (the ROLLR is just rebroadcasting the PM data).

Unpair the power. You'll still need a cadence sensor, but that speed reading from the ROLLR plus cadence = movement in Zwift.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Last edited by: rrheisler: Jan 9, 24 11:57
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
AH. OK, I think I have it.

If you have ROLLR connected to power, but there's no powermeter on the bike, it will always read zero watts (the ROLLR is just rebroadcasting the PM data).

Unpair the power. You'll still need a cadence sensor, but that speed reading from the ROLLR plus cadence = movement in Zwift.

well that's interesting. i'll give that a try and report back.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply

Prev Next