Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you ride at 36 kph or faster, riding a TT bike at the bell lap circuit is the fastest way to gain XP to level up.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can modify some of the files to give you a "clean" display (no heads up or chat)
I do that now and then when I just want to ride and not constantly be looking at numbers. It's only annoying that you have to check your phone/tablet/whatever if you want to see any chat (generally I don't ;) )

Joining group rides/races overrides it*

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [D.O.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
If you cancel your subscription as opposed to pausing it, do you start back at zero when you sign back up? Seems like in the past I was able to cancel when I began riding outside again and then pick up where I left off (level wise)

buehler...??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cancel my membership every spring and it picks right back up the next winter.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [damn lucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I've done in the past but this year it's allowing two options, an 8 week pause before resuming charges or you can cancel. That's why I asked Slowman (crickets) if you lose all progress with a cancelation
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you simply Google "Zwift cancel account" your answer comes up immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trail wrote:
timbasile wrote:
Is there ever a time where a TT bike is useful nowadays? I used to use the TT bike when I wanted to maximize my kms on a flat course, but with the density in any flat part of Watopia (or anywhere really), is there a time where you'd use the TT bike?

In a TT race?

(not trying to be flippant there).

And though I don't do it, I've seen some people do group rides on TT bikes I think because they want a more consistent, steady effort, not being slave to the dynamics of group drafting. It's the hardman approach to group rides, like choosing the mountain bike on a road course to make it a little tougher on yourself.

Do you get any draft effect with a TT bike? Tried it today and didn't notice any.

Can other people still draft you? If so, do they get less draft than if you were on a road bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Dapper Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dapper Dan wrote:

Do you get any draft effect with a TT bike? Tried it today and didn't notice any.

Can other people still draft you? If so, do they get less draft than if you were on a road bike?

You get no draft, but others can draft you to full effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah you can never draft on a TT bike, but others can still draft you.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fairly new to Zwift having only been on for about 2 months now. This week I plan to do my first ramp test on Zwift.* Does it make any difference what course I select for the ramp test workout?

*I've done dozens of ramp tests over the years but on Trainer Road though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. Choose away. It'll control the resistance regardless of display on screen.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrheisler wrote:
Nope. Choose away. It'll control the resistance regardless of display on screen.

Awesome. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:
D.O. wrote:
If you cancel your subscription as opposed to pausing it, do you start back at zero when you sign back up? Seems like in the past I was able to cancel when I began riding outside again and then pick up where I left off (level wise)

buehler...??

What ?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [MiRoBu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MiRoBu wrote:
D.O. wrote:
D.O. wrote:

buehler...??

What ?

American Pop Culture reference to a movie called "Ferris Bueller's Day off".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6f1MKpLGM

Typically used when someone asks a question and get's no response.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Last edited by: xtrpickels: Mar 8, 21 21:16
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
MiRoBu wrote:
D.O. wrote:
D.O. wrote:

buehler...??

What ?

American Pop Culture reference to a movie called "Ferris Bueller's Day off".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KS6f1MKpLGM

Typically used when someone asks a question and get's no response.

It’s my last name I was just being coy. I’m well aware of the movie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
D.O. wrote:

While others have already answered your question, ZwiftInsider did write something on this. In short, Cancel and Pause leaves progress intact. Deleting erases everything.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I upload my Zwift activities to both Strava and Garmin Connect, using a fenix 6 for Garmin activities. I was continually flummoxed why sometimes Zwift would not upload to Strava. I finally figured out, I have to let Zwift upload to Strava first, then save hit save on my fenix to upload to Connect.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With the time change in North America this weekend, by the looks of it most of the recurring events got bumped forward by an hour.

The result is that the KISS base training rides that formed the bread and butter of my usuall Zwifing are now at 650am instead of 550am (EST).

Anyone happen to know if these rides will get moved back to their previous time slot in EST or are they based out of somewhere where daylight savings time isn't a thing? It'd be a shame to no longer be able to attend these rides until the time changes back - Zwift races are a dime a dozen but I find it's hard to find a good base miles ride, especially before getting the kids ready for school.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How can one start off with a pace partner for a warmup and then move up to a higher level? I would rather start of in C or D rather than jump straight into B at the start.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
How can one start off with a pace partner for a warmup and then move up to a higher level? I would rather start of in C or D rather than jump straight into B at the start.

i have never found a way to do that. and i hear you. if you want to run with B, that's 8:06/mi, and on a treadmill esp (at least for me) that's a kind of a quick start. if you warm up first, she (the B pace partner is a she) trots off. what I have done is just let her go, and then make a kind of game out of catching back up. but it would be nice to move from one pace partner to another. i'll see if there's a hack. i do know of something coming that will make something like that easier, it's in beta, i can't talk about it yet, it's close to launch, that could make a difference; i haven't thought about it in the context of moving from one pace partner to another, but i think it could possibly be used for that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
With the time change in North America this weekend, by the looks of it most of the recurring events got bumped forward by an hour.

The result is that the KISS base training rides that formed the bread and butter of my usuall Zwifing are now at 650am instead of 550am (EST).

Anyone happen to know if these rides will get moved back to their previous time slot in EST or are they based out of somewhere where daylight savings time isn't a thing? It'd be a shame to no longer be able to attend these rides until the time changes back - Zwift races are a dime a dozen but I find it's hard to find a good base miles ride, especially before getting the kids ready for school.

To answer my own question, the event reverted back to 550 am.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In general what's the most "populated" route in Watopia? I'm fairly new to Zwift but I'm guessing it's something like Tempus Fugit or maybe Tick Tock.

I ask because I have the pleasure of being retired and generally ride 2-4hrs per day mostly at Z2 effort level. I've hopped around different group rides but during the week most of them are only 60-90 mins long. I figured I'd try some free riding on a well populated route next rather than doing 2-3 group rides per day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t know for sure if it’s the most populated, but Tempus Fugate is probably it. It’s always got a bunch of people. But if you are just looking for an “untimed” group ride, maybe consider riding with one of the pacer bots. That’s basically a group ride for however long you want.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [MRid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
But if you are just looking for an “untimed” group ride, maybe consider riding with one of the pacer bots. That’s basically a group ride for however long you want.

I've actually tried that a few times. The problem is that where I want to ride most of the time zone-wise or w/kg is generally a bit too fast to stay in Diesel's group and a bit too slow to hang with Coco. I do ride with Diesel though to warm-up for about 20mins before races or group rides that I'm going to work harder in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
logella wrote:
In general what's the most "populated" route in Watopia? I'm fairly new to Zwift but I'm guessing it's something like Tempus Fugit or maybe Tick Tock.

I ask because I have the pleasure of being retired and generally ride 2-4hrs per day mostly at Z2 effort level. I've hopped around different group rides but during the week most of them are only 60-90 mins long. I figured I'd try some free riding on a well populated route next rather than doing 2-3 group rides per day.

It's definitely Tempus Fugit

during the busy hours, it's hard to be actually out of someone's draft, even when you are riding solo.
Quote Reply

Prev Next