Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [WiScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Guess this is technically a ZwiftPower question but I'll ask anyways...is there a way to tell which of the three 20 min performances count toward your minimum category?

i.e. why aren't they highlighted?

Thanks.

Scott

Afaik the category is based on the average of your 3 best 20min power-nr's from last 90 days (I think from races as well as events (such as TdZ).
Furthermore, you can get an almost <insert next cat.> when one of these 3 is over the cat limits.
eg if your 3 best 20min powers are
4.5 4.5 4.65 then avg. = 4.55 so cat A
however because of the 4.65 which is over the A+ limit (4.6) you will get an almost A+ as well
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Kempenaer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kempenaer wrote:
WiScott wrote:
Guess this is technically a ZwiftPower question but I'll ask anyways...is there a way to tell which of the three 20 min performances count toward your minimum category?

i.e. why aren't they highlighted?

Thanks.

Scott

Afaik the category is based on the average of your 3 best 20min power-nr's from last 90 days (I think from races as well as events (such as TdZ).
Furthermore, you can get an almost <insert next cat.> when one of these 3 is over the cat limits.
eg if your 3 best 20min powers are
4.5 4.5 4.65 then avg. = 4.55 so cat A
however because of the 4.65 which is over the A+ limit (4.6) you will get an almost A+ as well

Yeah I understand all of that...I just want them to HIGHLIGHT somehow the 3 best 20min powers from the last 90 days that are being used in their calculation. Seems like such a no brainer. Guess the only people who may really care are those like me on the bubble between categories.

Onto my next question...how do you make any sense of the real-time elevation profile shown in Zwift. So small it seems completely useless to understand when a climb is coming and how large it is.

Scott
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WiScott wrote:
Onto my next question...how do you make any sense of the real-time elevation profile shown in Zwift. So small it seems completely useless to understand when a climb is coming and how large it is.

Scott

Look up the course profile on ZwiftInsider or Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aha, but you're missing the big point.
Zwift is not only there for the fitness part of training, it's also built to enhance your mental strength!
You have to come to acceptance of the fact that not everything is under your control and don't let outside factors disturb you ... come race day, this mental toughness you've built by enduring Zwift will help you overcome any nuissance!
Some real 4D-chess ... don't even understand why they don't charge a lot more for their subscription as you get your mental coach for free!
[/Pink]

Sorry, anyway everything is what it is and probably will never change ... part of above is actually true, just accept and don't overthink it.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So apparently we now have to pay sales tax on this per the email I just got. Geeze.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there a reason why France doesn't show up more in the guest worlds? Is it too hilly and most zwift users prefer flatter roads for padding their stats?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [pknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:
is there a reason why France doesn't show up more in the guest worlds? Is it too hilly and most zwift users prefer flatter roads for padding their stats?

Dunno, but I like France as a world. Beats Innsbruck for sure.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:

I think about this too. Whenever I host a meetup I almost always to go France because it's never on the schedule. But if I'm really wanting to ride in France, I make a one-person meetup for myself and just ride there anyways.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you tried the Zwift Preferences tool? You can set any world you want to ride or run in.

https://zwifthacks.com/zwift-preferences/

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
France is very up and down not great for consistent efforts, though there is that course from New Caledonia where it just goes up an up.

Think many of the regular races and group rides were made around Watopia, London, Richmond etc when there was not much choice and they stick with them.

Group rides can break up through the down hill sections so probably stick with more consistent courses. Not sure anyone is choosing a course just to get more miles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,
Which Zwift course would be a good training route to mimic the Ironman Wisconsin bike course?
I am unlikely to get to ride it in person before race day and would love a route on Zwift that is comparable.
Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,
Which Zwift course would be a good training route to mimic the Ironman Wisconsin bike course?
I am unlikely to get to ride it in person before race day and would love a route on Zwift that is comparable.
Thanks, John

wow. i wish i knew the answer to that for you. i suspect others here can answer that much better than i. one thing: zwift is my fave. that's where i hang. that said, if you specifically want to ride an exact course, that's one of rouvy's strengths. i don't know if that bike leg is on rouvy, but (for example) the IM 70.3 worlds course in nice was on rouvy leading up to worlds, and i think a lot of people would've benefited riding that course before the race.

but this past saturday, 9am EST, there was a scheduled ride of the uber pretzel, i suspect a LOT of people took part in that, i think it's 80 miles or so, 8000 feet of climbing, certainly hillier than IM WI, but group stuff like that is a lot of fun, and there's more and larger group events on zwift.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks, John

wow. i wish i knew the answer to that for you. i suspect others here can answer that much better than i. one thing: zwift is my fave. that's where i hang. that said, if you specifically want to ride an exact course, that's one of rouvy's strengths. i don't know if that bike leg is on rouvy, but (for example) the IM 70.3 worlds course in nice was on rouvy leading up to worlds, and i think a lot of people would've benefited riding that course before the race.

but this past saturday, 9am EST, there was a scheduled ride of the uber pretzel, i suspect a LOT of people took part in that, i think it's 80 miles or so, 8000 feet of climbing, certainly hillier than IM WI, but group stuff like that is a lot of fun, and there's more and larger group events on zwift.

Thanks Dan, I see the Haute Route rides coming this weekend and plan to try one. I prefer to stay on Zwift as Rouvy doesn't have the IM Wisconsin course available. So hopefully others might chime on a a route that could be similar, even if it's a couple loops or whatver.
Thanks for the quick response!
John
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Slowman wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,
Thanks, John

Thanks Dan, I see the Haute Route rides coming this weekend and plan to try one. I prefer to stay on Zwift as Rouvy doesn't have the IM Wisconsin course available. So hopefully others might chime on a a route that could be similar, even if it's a couple loops or whatver.
Thanks for the quick response!
John

I use Zwift but bkool will allow you to upload a gpx file for the real world experience. I've only experimented a little with this so no great examples to use. I'm looking for an IM WIS course ride as well.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I saw post event on Strava that a few of my friends did that uber pretzel route this past weekend? where are rides like these posted?is it just on the regular zwift events tab on the app? is there anyway to know about them a few days in advance?.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you use the Zwift companion app (separate app on your phone), you can use it to see events coming up for the next few days and sign up there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pknight wrote:

I've recently come back to Zwift after a few years on other platforms and the odd thing that I find is that Richmond seems to have made a comeback. A few years ago back when there was only 1 guest world, Richmond was down to 2 or 3 guest appearances a month and people would complain with it was Richmond's turn. Now, it seems to be every other day one of the guest worlds.

I've been back for a month and have yet to do France - between riding events (which have much improved) and guest world rotation (and the Tour of Sufferlandria), I haven't been able to get to France yet.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trener1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trener1 wrote:
I saw post event on Strava that a few of my friends did that uber pretzel route this past weekend? where are rides like these posted?is it just on the regular zwift events tab on the app? is there anyway to know about them a few days in advance?.

Welcome to Zwift - where data is as scattered as the peloton in a cross wind.

This is the best place to look for events.

https://zwifthacks.com/app/events/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you cancel your subscription as opposed to pausing it, do you start back at zero when you sign back up? Seems like in the past I was able to cancel when I began riding outside again and then pick up where I left off (level wise)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there ever a time where a TT bike is useful nowadays? I used to use the TT bike when I wanted to maximize my kms on a flat course, but with the density in any flat part of Watopia (or anywhere really), is there a time where you'd use the TT bike?

If I'm not in an event, I'm usually following a workout, so I'm not trying to chase the next group, etc. Even still, I find I'm reliably in the next person's draft most of the time where the difference would be made.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Is there ever a time where a TT bike is useful nowadays? I used to use the TT bike when I wanted to maximize my kms on a flat course, but with the density in any flat part of Watopia (or anywhere really), is there a time where you'd use the TT bike?

If I'm not in an event, I'm usually following a workout, so I'm not trying to chase the next group, etc. Even still, I find I'm reliably in the next person's draft most of the time where the difference would be made.

no need for a TT bike in-game. maybe if you complete in a timed event in zwift, but in the duathlon they place you on a TT bike, regardless of what bike you've selected in your garage.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How about adding a more customizable screen like Wahoo and Garmin have? For both training and structured workouts? It would be nice to be able to see average power while doing efforts.
GP Lama talked about a hack where you add some programming text, but it didn't work.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:

In a TT race?

(not trying to be flippant there).

And though I don't do it, I've seen some people do group rides on TT bikes I think because they want a more consistent, steady effort, not being slave to the dynamics of group drafting. It's the hardman approach to group rides, like choosing the mountain bike on a road course to make it a little tougher on yourself.
Last edited by: trail: Mar 1, 21 17:53
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would absolutely love something like this.
For example I hate seeing my HR when I am racing, but I like the data, so IRL I would just not have the HR on the screen, in Zwift I am SOL in this regard.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
How about adding a more customizable screen like Wahoo and Garmin have? For both training and structured workouts? It would be nice to be able to see average power while doing efforts.
GP Lama talked about a hack where you add some programming text, but it didn't work.

I would love to customize the display -- W/kg, 3s power and HR in big numbers for racing, for example.
Quote Reply

Prev Next