Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it my imagination or did Zwift return me to the dashboard instead of exiting me out to the desktop when I finished my ride tonight?

Finally! Or DID I imagine it?

Cheers, Rich.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup it did. The finally added that "feature" in March (?).

Now I just wish they didn't separate rides into individual ride files for things like the riding you do before a race vs during the race...

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gmh39 wrote:
Yup it did. The finally added that "feature" in March (?).

Now I just wish they didn't separate rides into individual ride files for things like the riding you do before a race vs during the race...

But I get so many kudos on Strava for the 45 second stop-over on the flight from London to Richmond!
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Is it my imagination or did Zwift return me to the dashboard instead of exiting me out to the desktop when I finished my ride tonight?

Finally! Or DID I imagine it?

Cheers, Rich.

You are not hallucinating, but that feature only exists for the desktop computer clients, not for the mobile device versions.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kinda lost on what to do on Zwift right now. I had a great spring/summer last year route bagging, I did the Everest+ to get the Tron bike, I tried more racing in the fall (oof that hurt!). I enjoy doing routes like Out and Back Again, Big Foot Hills, rolling routes in the 25-40 mile range to log miles and do lots of endurance with some climbs - but zwift is a GAME so I need some way to GAMIFY this.

Any suggestions? Bueller?
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [brando] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brando wrote:
Kinda lost on what to do on Zwift right now. I had a great spring/summer last year route bagging, I did the Everest+ to get the Tron bike, I tried more racing in the fall (oof that hurt!). I enjoy doing routes like Out and Back Again, Big Foot Hills, rolling routes in the 25-40 mile range to log miles and do lots of endurance with some climbs - but zwift is a GAME so I need some way to GAMIFY this.

Any suggestions? Bueller?

what you don't mention is what i most like. the thing that got me hooked on zwift was the community. i'm social. it's not even the quality of the community that i like, just that there is one.

my best time zwifting is in the group events. our own event, hilly vanilli, is my favorite. but the seasonal stuff too, like the duathlon league.

the things you mention depend on variety, quality of the route and the graphics, and all that is great, but you kind of gloss over the interaction with others on the platform, and that's fine. but if you're asking me, the first obvious answer to where to go from here is to explore the community.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan, good points and I when I do a good one I do really enjoy the group rides where you can form a group with similar paced riders and keep on trucking. I did enjoy the hilly vanilli the few times i did it, the time is just hard to make.

My schedule is pretty helter skelter, so it can be hard to hit the good group rides consistently for that to be my main driver. I do them opportunistically for sure. I guess I’m just looking for another motivation to get on zwift regularly.

also i replied to your first post rather than starting a new thread.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Team time trial. Great workout and a great to work with a group.
I also got competitive with race rankings and just leveling up to get new equipment in game.

Tiago
---------------------
Sponsors: : Blueseventy :
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree with BrzilianTri. I've gone hot and cold on Zwift over the years since being an early adopter. But if you're looking for "game" ZRL is a good amount of fun. You coordinate over Discord just like gamers. Slowtwitch has teams in most categories. There's tactics and strategy. The next season won't start until late summer or fall, I think, though (it's mid-season right now). Until then the WTRL TTT is a good surrogate, if you can find a team.
Last edited by: trail: May 7, 21 19:06
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ive finally decided to kick zwift to the curb. overall its stable, but more often than id like i have to boot the computer and wait for zwift updates with a janky loading experience which usually requires a reboot. there has been close to no innovation and the only bone they throw for those of us asking every chance we get to update their horrid UI is the software not shutting down automatically after a ride. gee thanks, only took 3 years of asking.

i loaded up trainer road and linked it to training peaks for my structured bike workouts and the simplicity and visual feedback is much better, for me at least. no fluff, no frills. seems that the software does a much better job of controlling the two trainers i use as well, much less fluctuations in resistance.

bye bye zwift. after being a user since the early days, im not going to miss you.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would say the new drafting AI that they implemented recently was a huge change, at least for people that normally race. It changed the race dynamic quite a bit.
The ability to not display information now can lead to a whole different type of racing too.

Racing on Zwift is nothing like racing in real life that if for sure but it also requires some skills and I find it really fun to practice it and try to get better at it.

Tiago
---------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [BrzilianTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If anyone is interested in finding a team to race in the weekly WTRL TTT, let me know. I race with a couple of the DIRT (Dads Inside Riding Trainers) and we have teams at pretty much every time during the day.
They are a lot of fun and can be pretty tough.

Tiago
---------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
ive finally decided to kick zwift to the curb. overall its stable, but more often than id like i have to boot the computer and wait for zwift updates with a janky loading experience which usually requires a reboot. there has been close to no innovation and the only bone they throw for those of us asking every chance we get to update their horrid UI is the software not shutting down automatically after a ride. gee thanks, only took 3 years of asking.

i loaded up trainer road and linked it to training peaks for my structured bike workouts and the simplicity and visual feedback is much better, for me at least. no fluff, no frills. seems that the software does a much better job of controlling the two trainers i use as well, much less fluctuations in resistance.

bye bye zwift. after being a user since the early days, im not going to miss you.

weird.....possibly the computer?
I been using Zwift for 4 years now. 3 years using an old iphone mirrored to a TV and just this last year Apple TV. I can count on one hand the number of issues I've ever has with Zwift. I had my avatar riding in the sky once, did a stage of the TdZ by myself once, had probably two rides that didn't sync over from Zwift to Strava........that could be it.
Zwift updates take less than a minute and ride immediately afterwards - maybe have to log out/in.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So lately I can't seem to get my training peaks workouts to show up in Zwift, does anyone have any ideas why this might be?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's with the odd guest world schedule this month? It's all Richmond, and almost no New York.

When I was zwifitng a few years back, Richmond was the route no one wanted to race and it was relegated to 2x per month. Now it seems it's gotten the pride of place amongst Zwift worlds.

I'm not sure if there's a question here or not, I just find it odd...
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if running up the Alpe de Zwift gives you the same rewards wheel as when riding up?

I'm looking at a heat wave in my area next week and thinking my long run on the treadmill might be required. Might as well knock off the road to sky route while I'm at it since I don't have that one and I'm done all the Watopia run routes.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does not. But it’s still fun to do, you can run by a lot of the cyclists
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Dan,

Not exactly a Zwift question but close - a Strava question: I completed a triathlon yesterday using my Garmin Forerunner 920XT. The triathlon saved just fine on my Garmin - as a multisport event. But when it loaded to Strava - it listed it as five separate events - Swim, Morning Activity, Bike, Morning Activity, and Run.
Is there a way to have it show a multisport event on Strava?

Thanks, John
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,

Not exactly a Zwift question but close - a Strava question: I completed a triathlon yesterday using my Garmin Forerunner 920XT. The triathlon saved just fine on my Garmin - as a multisport event. But when it loaded to Strava - it listed it as five separate events - Swim, Morning Activity, Bike, Morning Activity, and Run.

Thanks, John

outa my league. perhaps others more knowledgeable than i will answer.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks, John

Not that I've found.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edbikebabe wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks, John

Not that I've found.

OK - thank you. Seems like a strange oversight or omission for a platform that aggregates your exercise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
johnnybefit wrote:
Hi Dan,

Thanks, John

outa my league. perhaps others more knowledgeable than i will answer.

Nothing is out of your league when it comes to triathlon!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any ideas why I get ANT+ drop outs if I stop pedaling for 30 or more seconds? If I have to go to the latrine or whatever I have to quit and restart. One thing I noticed is that the program no longer exits when you save the ride...but that's worthless since the ANT+ has dropped out and you have to restart and re-pair.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The runners got a 400m running track on Zwift.

Can the cyclists get some kind of "multi" velodromes? Always open, and have events like elimination race, IP, TP, kilo, etc...?

Probably would have to be event only and due to trainer limits likely the "endurance" events where folks aren't tossing 2000+ watts. But that would be freaking cool.

I'd be willing to ignore the scores of unwashed masses of folks who don't own TT/pursuit bikes hammering out power not in aero for the pursuit events.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ask (or Tell) Me Anything Thread [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi anyone know when Zwift will fix the treadmill sensors issue caused by their last update? Zwift does not detect my Runn Sensor on my old treadmill. The sensor shows up on the biking side of Zwift??
Quote Reply

Prev Next