Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finished building her up last night. Low quality iPhone photo for now, camera battery was dead.
Lineage > 2008 S-Works (L) > 2009 Comp (L) > 2011 Pro (XL).
First bike I have built from scratch myself.

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
how do i post a pic??????????
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:
how do i post a pic??????????

click the little image icon "Insert Image" and paste your link "http://i1112.photobucket.com/.../jkhussey41/Mary.jpg"

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why the switch from 08 to 09? damaged frame? color skeme. I get the change in size for the last change…

just curious...

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
08 Sworks was first Transition. Used it, loved it. Always had a thing for the 08/09 black/yellow comp though. Happened to find somebody who was selling a frameset & I couldn't help myself. Ended up being more trouble than it was worth. Had to have a straight post custom painted, had some issues with the internal routing & FD cable stops (Specialized fixed all that). Was a great way to learn how to build a bike though. In the process of taking down the Sworks, found some decent cracks in the top of of the frame around the seatpost clamp. I guess there were some issues with this clamp back then. In any event, I was able to warranty the frame & that is how I ended up with the '11 Pro. I love having it in an XL & knocking out my spacers. I wasn't a huge fan at first, but know I think it's really a looker. I'm still a huge fan of Specialized.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I remember you searching for a zero off set seat post now. Your latest version is one of the best builds I've seen, congrats.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nebmot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey everyone, just installed some Hawk-Racing BB in my 08 transition and they rock!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [dali341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Recently completed. And for those of you searching, use the part number shown to order this hanger through the "warranty parts department" of Specialized. Note that you will need a standard stem with this part as it replaces the stem insert that comes with the bike. Also note that you will need a different thread-in boss for the termination of the brake cable since the treads on these hangers are smaller than the original equipment. Enjoy.

Last edited by: SButsch: Jun 16, 11 5:23
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [SButsch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where to put the computer (310XT) ? I have a bottle as a torpedo on the bars, so there is no place. When I put it on stem I can not watch it, because it is too back. Please, help with an idea.... ( Currently I have alu Vision, but I will upgrade to HED Corsair ).
Last edited by: TomX: May 31, 11 13:24
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [TomX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
take a look at the xlab computer mount.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [dali341] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What does your Transition weigh????????
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XL frame - 9kg
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [TomX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo.. joined up here so I could be in the mafia.

Want wheels something fierce but I'd be in divorce court if I brought those home right now

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I just got the Expert as well. Love that friggen thing! Enjoy!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this different to the hangar that came with the '10/11 transition pro? My original one is stopping me getting my front end as low as I want. Have already had to change some of the cabling.

Here's mine:

2010/2011 Transition Pro

SRAM Red with Force 50/34t 170mm (got rid of the Specialized stuff)
Adamo Race 2 saddle
Disc cover (ST classifieds, oh yeah!)
Home mounted bottle cage (XLab Gorilla plus Camelbak Podium Chill)
Still riding the Mavic Cosmic Carbones (just took the decals off) with Conti GP4000S's

The disc cover is taped on and rides nice.

To come:

New aerobars? But first I'd like some new race wheels. Just don't know what to get - HED? Zipp?
Last edited by: chezchapstick: Jun 3, 11 1:36
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [chezchapstick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes. Different. Will allow you to get lower.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally get to add to this thread. The bike is pretty much ready for IMLP. Photo error, not shifted into the big chainring. That and I know most people hate the 80's style wrap ;)

Team RWB Rochester / Team First Knight
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [glazebal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's in the duffle bag?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [glazebal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let me guess on the saddle bag....and I sympathize with you! None of your pals carry tubes or tools? I ride with people who not only don't carry anything for flats or something as simple as a 5mm, but don't OWN anything of anything. Mind boggling. So I have a MacGruber kit in tow. I wish they make cycling jerseys with a monogramed pocket protector.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [tigerpaws] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A box of tissues for everyone I pass ;) OK, so I'm not super fast, but it sounded like a good response.

Team RWB Rochester / Team First Knight
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Rappstar,

Like the custom job on the seatpost, did you do that? Looking for some pointers on painting the post. I have a non-matching post on my Transition and want to paint mine. Would like to know if there are any things to avoid while painting carbon.

Great job at Leadman. I am a LV local and that was a crazy day! We have wind alot of the time, and at Silverman it can sometime really howl. You kicked some serious a$$....WOW!!!! Look forward to seeing you race more in LV....anything in the horizon?!

Thanks,
Chris
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [lvnvcdn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lvnvcdn wrote:
Hey Rappstar,

Like the custom job on the seatpost, did you do that? Looking for some pointers on painting the post. I have a non-matching post on my Transition and want to paint mine. Would like to know if there are any things to avoid while painting carbon.

Great job at Leadman. I am a LV local and that was a crazy day! We have wind alot of the time, and at Silverman it can sometime really howl. You kicked some serious a$$....WOW!!!! Look forward to seeing you race more in LV....anything in the horizon?!

Thanks,
Chris

I just did that "custom" job with some colored electrical tape. Easy! But you can certainly do a mask & paint. Or have some local airbrush guy do it. Painting carbon is super easy. Any automotive paint would be fine. I'd just get some krylon spray paint and use that with some masking tape & newspaper to set your masks.

I should be back in LV for the ITU LD World's in early Nov. Thanks for the kudos!

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jamgam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the same bike. I have only ridden it once but I got it last night! Looking for info on water bottle and Garmin 310xt placement.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the pointers!

Look forward to seeing you at ITU Long Course. I swim Master's with Frank, the RD for Silverman/70.3 WC/ITU Long Course and will be volunteering that day....look forward to seeing you out there! The bike course for ITU remains much the same as Silverman, whereas, for 70.3 WC, they take it away from the "Three Sisters" and River Mountain Loop Trail, which in my opinion was a real defining element for Silverman. Too many people in too short a time period I am told. I think it has something to do with getting media access to the trail. (IMHO!)

I am fortunate enough to have won a lottery spot for 70.3 that were made available for local athletes, should be a fun experience! Nothing wrong with chomping down on some HUMBLE pie!

Thanks again.
Quote Reply

Prev Next