Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a chance to purchase a used Transition w/ dura ace setup for a very good price and I'm planning to change the cables. Reading through here it seems that it's either going to be easy or going to be really hard (maybe even have the frame shipped to Spez if cables get stuck). Are there cables that would work best with Spez Trans? Maybe Alligator, Jagwire, etc. etc. to make it easier? Or would it be better to take it to a local shop and have them do it even if it will probably cost more so I don't have to worry about it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first tri bike. First race of the year will be Galveston 70.3

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flyrunride wrote:
I had a chance to purchase a used Transition w/ dura ace setup for a very good price and I'm planning to change the cables. Reading through here it seems that it's either going to be easy or going to be really hard (maybe even have the frame shipped to Spez if cables get stuck). Are there cables that would work best with Spez Trans? Maybe Alligator, Jagwire, etc. etc. to make it easier? Or would it be better to take it to a local shop and have them do it even if it will probably cost more so I don't have to worry about it?

If the cables are stuck, most likely it's due to sweat or Gatorade. Try pouring very hot water down the cable entry holes. That should take care of it.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Toby Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Toby Tri wrote:
flyrunride wrote:

If the cables are stuck, most likely it's due to sweat or Gatorade. Try pouring very hot water down the cable entry holes. That should take care of it.

Thank you. I read about that method too, I hope I don't encounter any issues during recabling. Will post pix when everything is cleaned up properly :) It's one fast pony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
not sure if you are replacing the cable and the housing or just the cables..... from my experience, i was able to remove all the cable and housing except for the housing for the front derailleur. just be careful when trying to remove it. good luck, great bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [bradshan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nice good luck
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nole-limit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nole-limit wrote:
not sure if you are replacing the cable and the housing or just the cables..... from my experience, i was able to remove all the cable and housing except for the housing for the front derailleur. just be careful when trying to remove it. good luck, great bike!

I'm planning to replacing the cables and housing, currently I'm able to pull the housing for the rear brake and RD and it moves fine but not the FD. If the housing for the FD isn't removable I'll just replace the cable then and oil it than trying to rip it off which might cause more problems with the housing breaking inside the frame. I'll plan on pouring hot water and maybe even a bit of soap to the cables and let it sit for a bit before pulling them out. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [urbantriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
urbantriathlete wrote:
here is mine but will be looking to sell soon.

True to his word urbantriathlete sold it.... to me. So here it is again, now with new bar tape.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Replaced and cleaned up the housing & cables but couldn't get the FD housing out since it felt tight or stuck so just replaced the cable. Will probably bring it to a shop next winter to see if they can do something about it. Just had it for a couple of weeks and it's fun and fast, my bike fitting went well too and when I get used to it I can probably get more aero. Got the helmet and can't wait to get aero-wheels for it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This bike is broken in 3 pieces due to a car accident, getting a SHIV now, but I got love for all my bikes, old new and broken.

-----------------------------------
Swim with swimmers, bike with cyclists, run with runners. Train with those who are hard to keep up with. Soon you will be hard to keep up with.
Last edited by: Tri297: Feb 5, 13 11:09
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tri297] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ouch... I was looking at the Shiv and CD01 before getting the Trans. It was the price, setup and color that made me get the Spez-T (also probably coz Macca & Cancellara was riding them too). Enjoy your Shiv.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Here she is. Not new, but new to me. Just need the snow to melt so I can test it out!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [albella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Albella:
I picked up a red frame like yours this weekend, and I have the same problem ill finish building it this week and I need snow to melt =)

Everyone:
How do you guys do your cable housing?
Do you have an extension or do you run just one cable housing all the way?
How does the cable housing for the front DR works? Is it a cable all the way to the exit or does it just go inside?
Is someone running osymetric rings?
Where do I get the little plastic that goes in the front brake/fork so it doesn't hit the frame directly?
Last edited by: tvmendoza: Mar 25, 13 6:48
Quote Reply
Post deleted by jbtris79 [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A late entry. 2009 Transition Pro, with an Adamo TT saddle, Sram Red 165mm crankset, Zipp Vuka Aerobars, and Zipp 404/Powertap wheels. Had a professional fitting done last year, and just finished this year's Oceanside Ironman 70.3 (plus some shorter races). Love the bike!

[/url]
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Help out a Spez-T brother. I'm looking for a shop in the bayarea (east bay if possible) that can fix the FD cable because it is stuck right now. I don't want to force it out since it's working fine right now and I was able to change the cable wire to a new one but I want to get it fixed before my 1st 70.3 this August. Thanks in advance. Still loving the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When you say the fix the fd cable bc it is stuck, do you mean the cable or the housing? the fd housing cannot be removed and it sounds as though you have already replaced the cable. If you are still having problems/issues pull out the cable and give it a good lube job and see how that works. hope this helps
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nole-limit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I meant the housing is stuck and I can't get it out. It should be replacable right? Looks like there was a fix but not sure which shop around the area has experience on this http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...0derailleur;#3551220
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bringing this thread back! Here you go. Just looking for a Powermeter now, either Quarq or SRM

Quote | Reply
Got my "old school" transition on picture now:

Team Zoot Europe
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone rocking the DarkSpeedWorks bag on their Specz Transition? How is it working for those that are using it for long course/training? Some more pics with the newly installed Profile Design aero bottle (used zip ties)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got my transition frame and I am having trouble getting my stem over the brake hanger on the fork. Any advice or I am missing something?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or beatings. The world ends when you're dead, until then you're due for more punishment. Stand it like a man. And give some back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
flyrunride wrote:
Anyone rocking the DarkSpeedWorks bag on their Specz Transition? How is it working for those that are using it for long course/training?

I added the Dark SpeedWorks Speedpack 483 to my Transition, one 70.3 so far its been fine. It's shape may cause stuff may get caught in the skinny end and requires thought about how you pack it.

I'm just this guy ya know?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [coecoe13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what degree is your stem? I had to use a metal thingy like this one:

Quote Reply

Prev Next