Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, you are probably right. Same technique could be used for the seat tube, except the clamping might be more difficult. At least you don't have to worry about making it all even and pretty since the cut end should be out of sight (Transition right)?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [WyoWill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the responses. Yes I was talking about the seat post. Not the seat tube technically speaking, however some frames have seat masts that are designed to be cut. I'm in the process of building up a transition pro frame any areas I should particularly pay attention to. Should I have the frame chased and faced prior to BB install or is that just over kill? I was also considering replacing the cable housing that came with it (bought it used). Is it a pain to re route.

Thanks

Here's what Ive done so far:
Disregard the blue bar tape, it will be a more proper color when I'm done.

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jaxtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaxtriathlete wrote:
Is it a pain to re route.

Not in the least. The housing feeds right in.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Tom A.: Jan 24, 11 15:48
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Either way just make sure it is cut strait. I cut a few corners here on my ISP giant and it rocks every now and then.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like you have a cable stop (hanger) for the front brake integrated with the A-head upper bearing cap, is that right?
It also looks like your cable stop is long enough to allow a levelled stem without exessivly bending the front brake cable.

Do you know the brand of the cable stop and where I can buy a similar one? I'm trying to get the same low stack on my aero bars as you have.

Great looking bike by the way, love the colors and wheels!

/Peggen76
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Peggen76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi.
Thanks for the kind words on my bike.
I don't know what brand the cable stop is - I bought the bike with that mounted. I can check my bike later.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've joined the Mafia! 2011 Transition Pro, SRAM Red, SRAM 900 shifters, Quarq, Garmin Edge 500, Pro Missile Bars w/Zipp extensions, carbon Profile Design brake levers, ISM Adamo Breakaway....excited to roll my Zipp disc & 808:

Ryan Borger - Denver, CO: Realtor. Former pro triathlete/coach. Cancer survivor. podiumproperties.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [rundutch22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks awesome. How do I post a pic of my new Transition Pro. AKA "Maryann"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [KT-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
War Eagle!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jaxtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The BB does not require any facing work.

The housing is easy to re thread. Just poke the outer all the way through.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a 2009 tran comp full Dura Ace with Vision aero bars.

What is the best water bottle set up for aero purposes for an Olympic and HIM?

Rear mount

front mount

aero bottle down low

im on ears.

"If you are green you will grow. If you are ripe you will rot"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [readytoride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are heaps of posts on that here.

I think run whatever you are comfortable with using.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rocketman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Virtue bottle on the down tube and a regular bottle between the extensions.

VALÄ’RE | YouTube
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [sesel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sesel wrote:
Specialized Virtue bottle on the down tube and a regular bottle between the extensions.

X2...the Virtue bottle is a really nice piece of gear. Rock solid; easy in/out.

It's simple, but it isn't easy.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Glade Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for the feedback. Everything is new to me so just trying to be the best I can be.

I do need to get better about using the search tool though.

Peace out.

PS Anything else that you guys can recommend to make me go fast is appreciated. :) I know train train train.

"If you are green you will grow. If you are ripe you will rot"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [readytoride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why doesnt anyone have a saddle bag on there Tri bike?? What is your out on a training ride and get a flat?? Is it not cool to have a saddle bag on your transition, even a small one with a spare and co2??
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:
Why doesnt anyone have a saddle bag on there Tri bike?? What is your out on a training ride and get a flat?? Is it not cool to have a saddle bag on your transition, even a small one with a spare and co2??

The way my seat is positioned on the post, it doesn't really work too well. I put a tube between the rails on my seat and stuff the rest in my jersey pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:

It's taken me months to find one that fits the seat post! Found an altura one that does. I use it for iphone/co2 etc as I don't like having stuff in pockets.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:

That's what your jersey is for in training. Racing with a bag is lame. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 to that....just finished the Aus Long Course Champs (83k Bike) stuff in jersey pocket

Quote | Reply
Ok ok ok. I see a saddle bag is lame. Now how do I add a picture of my new bad A$$ Transition Pro. AKA "Maryann". Sorry but I name all my bikes after women in my life.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I had a hard time finding a saddle bag that had a long enough strap to go around my Transitions' seatpost. I ended up sewing some extra velcro to extend it. I know seatposts are lame and everything, but I think being stranded on the side of the road with a flat or a mechanical is lamer. ;-P

Michelle

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [chezchapstick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the Arundel Dual. No SP strap and its bulletproof.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wouldn't worry what is supposedly right or wrong regarding something so trivial as a saddle bag. I live in a rural area and like to have all my life savers on me - tube, levers, CO2, phone, money etc. and would rather carry it in a saddle bag as it's easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [mdraegerpnw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think seatposts are lame, but attaching lots of junk to your bike kinda is when you have a perfectly nice jersey to carry it all. Triathletes never seem to use those jersey pockets. But if you MUST have a bag under your seat the ones from Spesh work just fine. Jordan Rapp has a gray one in some photos of his transition. One great thing about Specialized is that you can stick with them for just about all your gear, from bikes to bags to water bottles.
Quote Reply

Prev Next