Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
So I'm waiting to build up my new-to-me 2009 Transition. None of my previous bikes had internal cable routing and I used the Cateye Astrale8 computer (wired). I like it alot because I could switch between Cadence and MPH on the big display. I have tried other Cateye's that have cadence but you can only see it as the smaller, bottom number.
It doesn't seem possible to use the A-8 with the Transition so I'm looking for some advice on computers that can have cadence on the bigger display.

Thanks.

What's preventing you from using the A-8 on the Transition?

On my previous setup, I looped the wire around the cable housing. With the internal cables, how would I run the wire to the rear without looping it around the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [scutter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
So I'm waiting to build up my new-to-me 2009 Transition. None of my previous bikes had internal cable routing and I used the Cateye Astrale8 computer (wired). I like it alot because I could switch between Cadence and MPH on the big display. I have tried other Cateye's that have cadence but you can only see it as the smaller, bottom number.
It doesn't seem possible to use the A-8 with the Transition so I'm looking for some advice on computers that can have cadence on the bigger display.

Thanks.

On my previous setup, I looped the wire around the cable housing. With the internal cables, how would I run the wire to the rear without looping it around the frame?

Those harnesses aren't very expensive, right? ($15-$20?)...well, if it was me, I'd buy a spare harness, cut the wire near the computer mount, feed it up through the "SRM port" (i.e. the spare "channel" that goes between the frame cable entry behind the stem and coming out at the bottom of the downtube next to the rear brake cable outlet) and then splice the harness back together. If you don't feel up to the "challenge" of that splice job, you HAVE to be able to find a friend that's wiring saavy enough to do it for you, right?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thanks.

Those harnesses aren't very expensive, right? ($15-$20?)...well, if it was me, I'd buy a spare harness, cut the wire near the computer mount, feed it up through the "SRM port" (i.e. the spare "channel" that goes between the frame cable entry behind the stem and coming out at the bottom of the downtube next to the rear brake cable outlet) and then splice the harness back together. If you don't feel up to the "challenge" of that splice job, you HAVE to be able to find a friend that's wiring saavy enough to do it for you, right?

That is some nice outside the box thinking!!! As an aside, are you aware of any wireless ones that allow you to change the position of the cadence/mph numbers?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [scutter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Thanks.

That is some nice outside the box thinking!!! As an aside, are you aware of any wireless ones that allow you to change the position of the cadence/mph numbers?

Not really that "out of the box" if you know what that spare channel is for in the first place ;-)

Don't really know about the other question...I can configure my 705 to display basically anything I want all at once...and I'm not much up on other bike computers. Sorry.

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do you custom paint a Transition???
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my baby....

Last edited by: stanfna: Nov 22, 10 7:57
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [stanfna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What is the best color scheme of the Transitions....
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My S-Works Saxobank Transition:

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My transition should be delivered in few days. Any recommendations on the best place to attach a speed sensor. Can't see any in the photos on this thread so there must be a good place to hide it. It is my first tri bike and I've been using a road bike with a wireless sensor on the back of the front fork until now, which must be an easy location to improve on.

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Picked up mine the other day - very happy! Few more fits to go, am gonna swap the saddle out for an Adamo and lower the bars. The white tape is also going and I have XLab rear hydration mounts to add. Also looking at a speedfill.

Has anyone else who uses a Garmin gone with a stem mount? Or any other ideas welcome please.
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My transition should be delivered in few days. Any recommendations on the best place to attach a speed sensor. Can't see any in the photos on this thread so there must be a good place to hide it. It is my first tri bike and I've been using a road bike with a wireless sensor on the back of the front fork until now, which must be an easy location to improve on.

thanks

Non-drive chainstay is where I put mine.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
top or bottom?

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is a GREAT looking ride. I am insanely jealous.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
top or bottom?

Top. But I'm not sure it really matters.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

thanks

Mine is built into my GPS head unit ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

thanks

That won't do you much good if you want to ride inside, like today. Or yesterday. Or tomorrow. WTF is with this rain?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

thanks

That won't do you much good if you want to ride inside, like today. Or yesterday. Or tomorrow. WTF is with this rain?

Ummm...isn't your speed pretty easy to determine when your bike is attached to a trainer or on rollers? It's basically, zero, no? ;-)

On the rain...Welcome to SoCal. It doesn't rain often, but when it rains, it RAINS! We typically get a week's worth of rain at least once throughout the winter season.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>That won't do you much good if you want to ride inside, like today. Or yesterday. Or tomorrow. WTF is with this rain?

Congratulations, you're now officially a Southern Californian. A membership card should be arriving soon by mail.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh but if you have cadence and a garmin you don't need the GPS - the cadence bit does speed and distance too. Genius.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you can use a bontrager ant+ fork speed sensor affixed with silicone sealant in either your drive side or non drive side chainstay.

I use this on my p3c because he joule needs speed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
don't the garmins also have a speed sensor?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes but you need GPS for it. If you get the cadence kit, you get a spoke magnet so it does speed, dist, cadence indoors on a turbo/rollers
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
don't the garmins also have a speed sensor?

Yes, they have one available...but you don't need to use it. GPS based speed works just fine for the vast majority of purposes.

I don't know if anyone caught it, but my response to Jordan was partially to hint that I'm not sure what the purpose of measuring speed/distance indoors could be ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Lady Venom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Yes but you need GPS for it. If you get the cadence kit, you get a spoke magnet so it does speed, dist, cadence indoors on a turbo/rollers

What's the point of speed/distance when working out indoors. Effort and time is really all you need to know...

Quote Reply

Prev Next