Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Project is finally coming together. Painted matte black and awaiting decals.

Last edited by: yimmy: Feb 3, 12 20:14
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new sled finally arrived! Waiting to get fit on it. Some dings in the paint, but nothing that a little nail polish cant fix!

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What kind of stem/bars do you have going?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [grosso27] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
grosso27 wrote:
What kind of stem/bars do you have going?

Stem/bars are off a Shiv.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [yimmy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi everyone!

Just to remember that I'm French, yeah, no one is perfect... :) Just to apologize for my poor english, I'll try to be understandable as much as I can.

As I said few weeks later, I was buildind my bike, I've changed some pieces and bought other one... I tried to buy each component which was the best for me and then, I've realized my "Marc's bike" :)
I've put a latex chamber on my rear wheel, I've used some talcum powder, I took some pictures to show my preparation for the members who are about to invest on it ;) The tyre is a Continental GP4000S which is very good on yet road...Well I hope that it'll be helpful :D I've put a tubular tire on my front wheel which increases the comfort of riding but it's my personal view...

And to have the detail of the weight:

The datas are in grammes, so finally, my bike is 8.4kg. As you can notice, that's not the lightest bike but it's absolutly fantastic to keep the speed when you're riding.

So I hope you enjoyed!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Maarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is one awesome looking Transition! I love it dude!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My new 2011 Transition Pro frame set is on the Fedex truck for delivery today (only place I could find a large frame set was on clearance at bike shop in NY, no inventory at Specialized so LBS couldn't get it).

This will be my first time building a bike from scratch. Current bike is a roadie that I converted to TT, so I already have bars/brakes/crank/adamo saddle and have a set of H3's. Will add SRAM Force derailleurs and TT900 bar-end shifters. Can't wait to build it, will post pics when finished. Then I get to convert the roadie back to original drops/STI shifters...old crank kind of sucks, but it won't be my primary ride anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks realtalk!

tpero, I hope that you'll be glad from buying a Transition. I'm very happy, I find it very efficient in fact! The only bike which could make me change of frame is a Specialized Shiv I think :)

But for now, I just enjoy it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that's sweet mate. You've done a beautiful job on the build. I'm looking to give my transition a makeover this year but it would be tough to top that!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [cortez] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cortez wrote:
Wow that's sweet mate. You've done a beautiful job on the build. I'm looking to give my transition a makeover this year but it would be tough to top that!

Hi Cortez, I could not afford buying the bike in this configuration in one shot... I've built it in 2 years... Piece by piece. I guess that the best thing you can do is to be patient, no need to be in a hurry dude! (My wallet agrees with that too :D)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a 2009 Specialized Transition Comp size medium to buy. Complete bike. If you know anyone selling one of these, please have them contact me.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THIS IS THE BADDEST TRANSITION I HAVE EVER SEEN. I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THIS BIKE, BUT YOU HAVE TAKEN IT TO THE NEXT LEVEL OF EYE APPEAL. VERY NICE JOB.

"What do you mean your running shoes don't match your bike?"
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [OCD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This probably isn't the thread to bring this up, and pardon my ignorance. I've always liked the looks of this bike, but I heard or read somewhere that they fit a certain body type and are hard to fit. As a result, I never looked further, and have been fixated on Cervelo. But man, these are some crazy sick looking bikes! This has definitely tweaked my interest and requires more research!

Ok - my bad. I googled this bike, and found the ST article on this bike.
Last edited by: triathlung: Mar 21, 12 8:10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great looking bike

but how come you have the speed/cadence sensor mounted on the front side of the front fork?

I have always thought it would be more aero to have it mounted rear-facing: that way it is tucked in behind the fork are out of the way. Am i missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [shouldbeworking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe this will prevent the device from snapping off any spokes if it somehow gets pushed into the spokes while riding. if it were placed in the rear of the fork you could either lose your sensor completely or lose some spokes... during a race neither are good options.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [triathlung] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the consensus is that it is just "not that aero", and after some research any reasonable person can see why they say that. Like you, I find that these bikes LOOK very good, and look EVEN BETTER when they have been pimped as they have on this thread. Also like you, I have moved on from Specialized and I am also fixated on Cervelo currently. I really wanted to match my SL4 Tarmac with a sweet Transition in the same color way, but just see that the bike is weakish in aero design at the end of the day- but I am still drawn in by photos like this and the price and the fact that I am never going to be a "contender" anyway so what do I care. I am now in the midst of a P3 build and have parted ways with the Transition, but they are fun to look at for sure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
are you implying the Transition is not that aero? It's been shown to be on par with the P3 for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am implying that a less than "flat" top tube, as a simple example, doesn't exactly make sense to me (so far as I can see in the little time I have taken to look into such matters) with respect to aero design given that a design like that increases the vertical exposure to airflow of that part, for example, unnecessarily. There are a number of articles that would support this position, I'm sure, if one were so inclined to seek them out. I also imply that, for me, it doesn't really matter anyway (I'm not a contender- ever), and that I have moved on from Specialized to a P3 because I appreciate that it is more simplistic and aesthetically appealing to me than the Transition [is now], but that I still really love looking at Transitions and still photograph them in T1 when I see a nice one, and did so again just recently at the 70.3 in Singapore where I saw a number of really good looking examples including a crazy green one. I think this position, my position, is one of the reasons that this thread still pops up from time-to-time: people just seem to really like their Transitions, and some people without Transitions also really like looking at Transitions. I am new here, but I have not seen the "Show Us Your P3" thread- although I would like that very much, too. I have seen the "Transition Mafia" thread pop up many times, though, and each time I look forward to seeing who has done what with the Transition platform. It's probably a bit like a VW Beetle in that regard??? Or not, but I digress....

I am not implying that I am an expert, nor am I implying that the hairs you may care to split appeal to me in any way.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just received and installed my boyd 58/85 carbon clinchers! thought I would share.

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Huskrfj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This thing is so nasty! It would match the Tarmac perfectly. Oh well, zigged when I coulda zagged!

Very cool looking whip!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks man! I think it looks pretty nasty myself
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Huskrfj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
After getting a good deal on the frame, this was my first solo bike build. Most of the parts I took off my old road-to-TT conversion, ordered new shifters/derailleurs. Let me know how I did!

Frame: 2011 Specialized Transition Pro (L)
Race Wheels: Hed 3, decals removed
Base Bar: Profile Design Cobra Wing
Aero Bars: Profile Design Sonic CSX Carbon S-Bend
Shifters: SRAM TT900
Front Derailleur: SRAM Force
Rear Derailleur: SRAM Force
Crank: Shimano 105 Hallowtech, 165mm, 50-34 (considering replacing with SRAM Apex to get it black, but not sure I want to spend any more money...)
Pedals: Speedplay X-5
Saddle: Adamo Race
Cables: Jagwire Racer

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A little late to the party, but here she is...

[traditionally in Austria, the really good boys get the nicest bikes for Easter]

oh... and this is what will hopefully happen after flo's second shipment:

if you can read this
YOU'RE DRAFTING!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flogazo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flogazo wrote:
A little late to the party, but here she is...

[traditionally in Austria, the really good boys get the nicest bikes for Easter]

oh... and this is what will hopefully happen after flo's second shipment:

That looks sweet! Thanks for posting that.

Chris Thornham
Co-Founder And Previous Owner Of FLO Cycling
Quote Reply

Prev Next