Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not everyone can afford a power meter?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Lady Venom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not everyone can afford a power meter?

Can you afford a HR monitor? That (along with a really good fan to cool you) would be a more reliable measure of "training dose" than any speed/distance measurement that doesn't relate to riding outdoors.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what's the point of speed outdoors ;)

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what's the point of speed outdoors ;)

It's tough to do VE field tests without it.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MY NEW TRANSITION PRO HAS BEEN DELIVERED TO MY LBS. SOOOOOOO PUMPED.... FIRST TRI BIKE EVER
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jkhussey41] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats! you are going to love it!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [stanfna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What add on's are essential now.

What kind of computer should I get?

What kind of hydration system??

What about wheel set?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:
What add on's are essential now.

What kind of computer should I get?

What kind of hydration system??

What about wheel set?

Which transition did you get? I use a Garmin 310XT on mine. Wheels, I got the pro, so Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLs, which are fab. I've got the XLab super wing cage mount for behind the seat for now and during training. Will probably look to get a speedfil for when the weather hots up and racing approaches. You're gonna love it! I only picked mine up last week (Been waiting to have it since OCTOBER!!!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seriously, the Transition is one of the prettiest bikes out there on the market.
Very envious!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Kagnos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You have no idea how amped I have to pick it up. Very little work has gotten done while at work. day dreaming hard about my new mistress
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got the PRO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I picked up my new Transition PRO today. She is a beaut.... How do I add a picture to this forum???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhussey41 wrote:
I picked up my new Transition PRO today. She is a beaut.... How do I add a picture to this forum???

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...this_forum_P1250878/
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Juan Tushag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To post a picture:
1. Open a photobucket account.
2. Upload your pictures to your account from your computer (I use "My Pictures" folder for this).
3. Locate the html link below the pic in the share box (the 3rd link in the box).
4. Click once on the link, it will say "copied" for a few seconds.
5. Go back to the Slowtwitch thread (I always have two windows open).
6. In the text box of your reply, right click and click on "paste".
7. When you save or preview your post the picture should be in the body of the post.

Just make sure your pictures are not too big as they will take forever to upload and will be too big to link properly. It is easy, although different, to change the picture size on digital cameras.

Now, lets see some pics.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jrray24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds very complex. is there an easier way???
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There probably is an easier way, this is just the method I use. Several people have mentioned tinypic.com. I have never used it but obviously it works too. And really, after setting up your photobucket account and doing the method once, it is way more simple than it sounds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a facebok page? Or any other webpage you can upload pics to? All you have to do is upload it somewhere, right click the picture, click view image, then copy the address. When you start a new post, click the little picture frame button just above the are you write in, and paste the web address you just copied.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [RFXCrunner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So I need some feedback from other Transition owners. Here is a link to a thread I started today regarding problems with my FD. Any advice would be appreciated.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [tricop503] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got this weapon in June, for 60% off brand new...came with Zipps and everything.. Unfortunatly though I bought it on the way to going to the doctor as I was feeling ill... Turned out I had Glandular and was unable to ride it for 3.5months.

Anyway I have been riding it since October and needless to say the more I ride it the more I love it. Not only is it fast and stable it (as any teenager will tell you) most importantly it looks awesome.

This is me last weekend at a OD State Champs on my way to the fastest time in my AG (not gonna lie having the best bike in my AG always helped a lot!).

In regards to fit, it is quite relaxed as I was being cautious as my first race on it was a HIM, I am planning on moving the armpads in closer over winter and getting a little lower. Also I am still having some discomfort in the downstairs region so will look at fits/saddles to change that. For the record I had a BG fit.

Quote | Reply
Great, great picture :)
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [eigner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to cut the seat tube shorter on my frame. Is there any best recommended way to do it or will a hacksaw suffice?

Thanks,

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jaxtriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I dont know.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaxtriathlete wrote:
I need to cut the seat tube shorter on my frame. Is there any best recommended way to do it or will a hacksaw suffice?

Thanks,

Mike

Seat tube? Or seat post? If you're considering cutting the actual frame, no, there is no recommended way to do it. You'll destroy your warranty and most likely your frame in the process.

If you just need to cut the seat post: Yes, a new, fine-bladed hacksaw will work. Once you get the spot marked to cut, place a strip of masking tape all the way around the post and then cut through the tape. This will help keep the carbon fibers from splitting so much on the end. Once you're done, use some fine grain sandpaper to smooth out the end and you're done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hacksaw with 24-32 tpi blade, cutting guide and a vent mask. Make sure you know have dialed in your fitting because if it ends up being too low, you will need a new fork. Also make sure there is some clearance between the top of the stem and the top tube (couple millimeters) so your headset cap has some room.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [WyoWill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think he was asking about the seat tube, not the steer tube, though correct me if I'm wrong.
Quote Reply

Prev Next