Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

i have to say, without the offset seat post, the transition isnt pretty......... but with it, it does look a lot more like a mean machine...

I have an offset post (and some new saddles to test), so I will put it on and you can tell me what you think.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

My baby just prior to check in for IMFL
Last edited by: bluesugar: Dec 17, 09 8:29
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

oh no, i got my frenglish wrong. What i meant to say is, i dont like the seat post that people have on there transition. I dont think it make the bike look good. You are the only one with a straigh seat post and that is the best way to make the bike look mean and fast... Just my opinion really..... but i think that ''neutral'' straigh seat post look way better than what i see in the other pic on this thread... and would allowed for one step bike also!

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [alanhawse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Why are you using the back bolt on the seatpost?

Most of the bikes posted here are using the offset seatpost... with the seat all the way forward.

I wonder why there arent more 0 offset seatposts?

wait 'till I post a picture of mine....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It seems to me that Specialized needs to make an additional piece for the setback seatpost. A clamp with the seatclamp in the middle. The current reversable clamp leaves UCI legal riders with a choice of seat all the way forward (in the back position of the clamp) or all the way back (with the forward position of the clamp). It would be an easy fix.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Jimmy Archer
Pro Triathlete/Coach/Freelance Writer
http://www.jimmyarcher.com
http://www.dirttri.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I want those wheels.

Formerly DrD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone with the S-Works weighed their bike fully built? Just curious the weight difference between my Pro with the S80's and a S-Works with a set of say 808's or something?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Anyone with the S-Works weighed their bike fully built? Just curious the weight difference between my Pro with the S80's and a S-Works with a set of say 808's or something?

I weighed my S-works with a pair of 202 tubulars and s-works mondo tires on and got 14.1. I think I could get it to 13.5, maybe even sub-13, in very raceable condition easily.

I have a team geo (lower head tube) sz58.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I weighed my S-works with a pair of 202 tubulars and s-works mondo tires on and got 14.1. I think I could get it to 13.5, maybe even sub-13, in very raceable condition easily.

Are you talking about your Tarmac or Transition??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Are you talking about your Tarmac or Transition??

Tarmac. Sorry. I just realized that he was probably asking about the Transition.

Sub-13 for a Transition would be BAMF...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are not so light. My medium S-works with SRAM red, Specialized SRM, and Hed Black Dog bars is a little under 19 with training wheels. Just a little lighter with 808s.
As I recall bare frame weight was 1650ish grams and fork 540ish? Post is not light either so that puts you 600+ grams heavier than some of the lighter bikes out there.
Not that it matters for tri/tt.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info! I know it doesn't really matter and it wouldn't be a huge difference, but I'm a nerd for useless information :) HOWEVER, if Jordan's Transition really was ~13lbs, then I'd say the premium for S-Works over the over frames is a steal!
For reference, mine came in at 21.12lbs as pictured above.
Last edited by: helios: Dec 18, 09 9:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never tossed our bikes on the scale, but my friend has an S-WORKS and it is considerably lighter than my Transition, enough to notice just by picking em up. The carbon is higher quality which results in less being used to get the stronger frame.

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'm gonna say it's time to check out that scale of yours. My medium S-Works with the tubular Easton's pictured above came in at about 17.1. And for anyone wondering, yes, weight does make a big difference. Not sure why people would think otherwise.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Gwest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice tires. The Team Quicksteps are also pretty awesome.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

mine jealousy runneth over
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
def. favorite combo but the color seems so rare, is it a limited ed. one ?

Member HED, Cervelo, De Soto Mafia
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Koncity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the all red ones the best. The yellow/black looks pretty good. It's the 08 Expert model I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [missinglink] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've never tossed our bikes on the scale, but my friend has an S-WORKS and it is considerably lighter than my Transition, enough to notice just by picking em up. The carbon is higher quality which results in less being used to get the stronger frame.

Mike

There should only be 80-100g difference between frames depending on size between S-Works and Pro. That's from the source.

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [DougRob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In in:

Looks like they gave you the wrong colored seat post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anything else different btwn the two models besides te weight b.c large price difference

Member HED, Cervelo, De Soto Mafia
Quote Reply

Prev Next