Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has there ever been testing on the Specialized vitue water bottle on the Transition? I've been riding with it for a couple years, and it looks aero but I've always wondered about using it vs a BTA setup...

http://www.specialized.com/...rtue-aero-bottlecage
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [yatyas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yatyas wrote:
Ready to roll for Haines City tomorrow.

What kind of wheel cover is that?

Flickr:Csstone495
Twitter:Csstone495
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't found any, I was gonna get the virtue bottle too but I have raced fine in longcourse with BTA and BHS with aidstation refills. With how the Shiv Fuel cell covers the space at the bottom bracket maybe the virtue bottle helps or is neutral. Hard to say without some testing data though.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Csstone495] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he answered it a bit further down on the thread

"It's a Wheelbuilder disc cover. The tolerance was close, but worked fine with mine. I also have a 2012 Powertap Pro on it. "
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [JayZ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JayZ wrote:
Has there ever been testing on the Specialized vitue water bottle on the Transition? I've been riding with it for a couple years, and it looks aero but I've always wondered about using it vs a BTA setup...http://www.specialized.com/...rtue-aero-bottlecage[/quote[/url]]

I know you probably weren't asking me directly, but I use the virtue bottle myself. Used it plus a BTA for my half. The specialized bottle doesn't hold much fluid and can't be filled or a hand up bottle put in it's cage. In all practicality, it can only be used once for a race. I have tried using it as a holder for gel and use the BTA for all fluid intake and I missed a second bottle.

I have heard that it is better than a round bottle, and probably a draw compared to no bottle aerodynamically.

My plan for 140.6 this year is to use a BTA set up, with a cage zip tied to seat rails so I have two water bottle cages, and use the virtue as a flat kit and tool holder.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [nickwisconsin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Heres my winter project, waiting for the weather to get better so I can actually take it outside...

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [kelso012] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So has anyone successfully installed the internal di battery somewhere inside the Transition frame? Looking to swap over to di but still stuck on what to do with the battery.... want everything to be internal.

Quote | Reply
I am so envious .. This is my favourite looking tri bikes...

You can't fix stupid ..
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flyrunride] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flyrunride, glad to hear the brake works well, did you (or anyone else) put an Omega SV on the rear yet? I picked up a Transition frame that had been stripped of brakes for use on the track so I have a clean slate to work with and figure why not put them on front and rear.

I'm also considering leaving out the hanging brake stop on the bottom bracket and running either Nokon housing from the exit in the down tube to the integrated stop on the brake or maybe even automotive stainless steel brake line. Has anyone else done this or even considered it? Am I missing something critical that will prevent this from working with the Omega SV?

I can't wait to get this thing on the road! Even just setting up the bars and seat I have never felt so fast on a TT bike...but then again the bar is pretty low for me.

Rich
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I felt lazy replacing the rear brakes as I'm using it on weekends now, I will probably do the upgrade at the end of the season. Good luck and enjoy your build.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm late to the party, but here is my Transitioin. I've had it since October and finally got an Adamo saddle and race wheels.

Last edited by: OrganizedMutiny: Mar 3, 14 15:23
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:
So has anyone successfully installed the internal di battery somewhere inside the Transition frame? Looking to swap over to di but still stuck on what to do with the battery.... want everything to be internal.

I'm running external Ui2. Even with e-tube I still couldn't get the wires through some parts of the frame and I wasn't interested in drilling it. I shaved down the external junction box with my dremel and I ran the cable from front to rear junction through the brake cable hole (put the brake cable through the SRM hole).
Quote Reply
Post deleted by jase72 [ In reply to ]
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jase72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [jase72] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very nice. If things work out, I'll be giving my Transition a new look before my next IM in 2015. So....my apologies for copying! I might use something other than white for the accents but haven't decided, yet.

Again, looks great.

"Outwork your talent." Kevin McHale
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [soobrex1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
soobrex1 wrote:
gregtay wrote:

I'm running external Ui2. Even with e-tube I still couldn't get the wires through some parts of the frame and I wasn't interested in drilling it. I shaved down the external junction box with my dremel and I ran the cable from front to rear junction through the brake cable hole (put the brake cable through the SRM hole).

I'm deciding on whether to do the Ui2 makeshift install on my 2010 S Works Transition frame - local Specialized dealer says he doesn't want to drill frame for wires, and battery will be external with some wires external. Also challenge with remote bar end shifters not going internal on Zipp Vuka Aerobar.
Also was going to swap out SWorks crank for Ultegra crank to get Stages Power meter (Stages not compatible with carbon cranks) and go 11 Speed Ultegra cassettes, chain, etc. Also would need to upgrade the freewheel hub for my Zipp 808s.
With all that in, I have been quoted around $2500 (not including Stages).

Other option is to upgrade to full bike with new technology and ready for Ui2: S Works Shiv or Felt IA Ltd or Cervelo P5-6. With frameset and above components, looking at around $8k (without Stages and keeping my 808s). But then I could sell the S Works Transition .

What would you guys do?

What could I expect for my 2010 S Works Transition with Dura Ace (mechanical)?
Anyone interested in it?

Thanks a ton!
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [kelso012] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

Just wondering if someone out there has an inline or zero degree seat post for transition pro frame not being used.

I am looking for one.

Any help would highly be appreciated.

Thanks.

Rolly
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tabiliran] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone out there had an issue with front end shimmy on a Transition?

I have had my Transition for two years with no issue. This winter I upgraded my wheels to Zipp 808s. I finally got out for a few rides with them, and now I am getting a serious shimmy in the front end at speeds around 25 mph an higher.

I did change my set up to be little more aggressive this year. Thinking this was my problem, I went out and got an actual fitting to make sure I didn't completely mess things up. This fitting has reduced the shimmy slightly, but it is still very distinct. Today I decided to throw my Mavic back on the front with my 808 in the rear, absolutely no issue. Even with some strong winds today I had no shimmy. So now I am at a loss. I don't know if I need a new front fork or what???

Has anyone experienced this with their Transition? What did you do to fix it?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I still have much love for the Tranny's.......

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [flea] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my experience, the Transition is an especially twitchy bike when using deep wheels. My guess is that from the side, it just seems to have a great deal of flat surface area. Even more so when using a virtue bottle. I have run mine with stock wheels, Shimano C50's (semi-deep V's), Flashpoint 60's, Disc/FC808 and Disc/FC404. When the cross winds picked up, every combo had a little more shimmy than I expected, especially the Shimano's. I would have a wrench double check the front end just to be sure, but I just leave my Flashpoints on so that I'm a little more used to it.
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [rexcoltrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi guys

This is my first post here in Slowtwitch, but I've been reading you guys for a long time now.
I guess a quick presentation is needed in forums, right? Well I'm Tristan, and a happily owner of a Transition

(I really have to do new photos soon, it doesn't do the bike justice)

The problem is, I bought it with the rear disc wheel, no front wheel. I own a old set of Cosmic as seen here : on my road bike.

So I figured that the cosmic were the most aero wheels I have (I also have a pair of Ksyrium SL)
It's often too windy to put the disc wheel so I just put the cosmics on the Transition. But the spokes touched the rear left base. So I just moved away the wheel, and that's where troubles begun.
My break pads weren't completely braking on the aluminum, but also on the tire. And 2 times my rear tires exploded. So does any one had the same problem? Or know if by changing the brake pads, or the brake calipers it's better?

Thanks!

Tri-led
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tri-led] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can probably adjust or file off the excess pad that touches the tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am wanting to change the bars on my Transition pro. No reason in particular really other than just to change it up a bit. What are you all using or recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized Transition mafia [Tri-led] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you need to get a different back wheel for training. there are some models that have a hub design such that the spokes will not hit.
been there, done that. for a while i went with a H3. Very strong durable wheel and on the back i have no problem with wind.

Prev Next