Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
He's still at it

https://twitter.com/...s/658464481773813761

23:51 at a 5K in PA

Bib #24718 at NYC on Sunday

That time got him 1st AG and 9th overall. Thats a pretty weak field, to say it lightly.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [sjn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sjn wrote:
RandMart wrote:
He's still at it

https://twitter.com/...s/658464481773813761

23:51 at a 5K in PA

Bib #24718 at NYC on Sunday

That time got him 1st AG and 9th overall. Thats a pretty weak field, to say it lightly.

If I won my age group in a 5k fun run in 23:51. I would deny that I was even there.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I asked him if he's chasing the $100k prize from LR and he blocked me in a hurry. I'm sure this egotistical douche canoe won't be under 4 hours this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
chaparral wrote:
This is how important GPS watches are, you use them even when you are not running race.

Oh, I agree - old habits die hard. My point though was that right now the mob is "fairly sure he cheated but can't quite prove it 100%" - But with a GPS watch on, all it takes is one public workout, or an enhanced photo (or a hack) and suddenly any and all suspicions are confirmed.

Though I guess this never would have come to light had the viral letter thing happened.

Easy solution: BAA requires X number of timing mats to make a race a qualifier. These mats need to be at significant locations (ends of out and backs) to ensure the full distance is covered, and a runner needs to hit all timing mats to BQ. (or all but one in case of technical error).

Where are Anonymous and Julian Assange when we really need them?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ether] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am betting he has a larger than life portrait of Lance Armstrong hanging on this bedroom wall so it is the last thing he sees at night and the first thing in the morning.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [beckybeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't been following the story too closely (though I'm aware of it). But one of the surprising things to me was the learnings that a BQ-eligible course was not required to have at least one or two timing mats mid-course.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sleuths on Lets Run do not fuck around. The whole thing with the cheating dentist is another example of the tenacity of running bloggers. They make the House select committee on Bengazi look like a bunch of pisspants.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [prattzc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prattzc wrote:
They still have horses in CP? Nevermind.

Yes they do!!! We were up there a couple weeks ago, and D'Kid was like "Wait? People ride horses in the middle of New York City?"

"In fact, I know there are stables someplace and a polo club or two" [I could be wrong about the polo club,but it sounded good]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, the stables around Central Park are all closed now. The last one shuttered a while back. The horses in Central Park come from a stable in the Bronx, I believe. It's kinda silly if you ask me that they maintain the bridle paths for horseback riding. I think they get used by less than 100 people a week. City residents would be much better off making those into running paths. We can obviously run on them as is, but it would be cool if they got upgraded/maintained for runners. Then maybe we could even include cross country world championships in Central Park. Now that would be cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Economist wrote:
Schonner wrote:
Let it go guys. Further roasting will only hurt the kids and family.

Normally I'd agree, but his tweet also poked at LR forum. He shook the bee's nest.

"Don't poke a hornet's nest and expect butterflies to come out."

https://twitter.com/...s/634878139127197696

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just read through his twitter a little - and honestly I just kind of feel bad for the guy. Not in a "people are picking on you, poor you" kind of way but just a general pity.

I got picked on a lot as a kid (grew up handsome and smart and have a wicked hot girlfriend now!) - and it just seems this man did too. What an outreach for approval by his peers.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Prove it. Hot pic of girlfriend so we can judge.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
I just read through his twitter a little - and honestly I just kind of feel bad for the guy. Not in a "people are picking on you, poor you" kind of way but just a general pity.

I got picked on a lot as a kid (grew up handsome and smart and have a wicked hot girlfriend now!) - and it just seems this man did too. What an outreach for approval by his peers.

No way. I'd bet Rossi was never anything more than a self-centered bro-dude who thought towel snapping was the height of comedy.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgunthert wrote:
LuchaLibre wrote:

No way. I'd bet Rossi was never anything more than a self-centered bro-dude who thought towel snapping was the height of comedy.

yep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Economist wrote:
Schonner wrote:
Let it go guys. Further roasting will only hurt the kids and family.

Normally I'd agree, but his tweet also poked at LR forum. He shook the bee's nest.

"Don't poke a hornet's nest and expect butterflies to come out."https://twitter.com/...s/634878139127197696[/quote[/url]]

and yep.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [gotbitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gotbitten wrote:
dgunthert wrote:
LuchaLibre wrote:

yep

As I read a little more - I am going to have to change my opinion to High School Jock star who still wears his letterman jacket
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgunthert wrote:
LuchaLibre wrote:

I got picked on a lot as a kid - and it just seems this man did too. What an outreach for approval by his peers.

And if a girl didn't like him because she could tel he was a complete jerk, he called her a slut

Last edited by: RandMart: Oct 28, 15 13:16
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [beckybeek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beckybeek wrote:
I am betting he has a larger than life portrait of Lance Armstrong hanging on this bedroom wall so it is the last thing he sees at night and the first thing in the morning.

I disagree. I'll bet he has a pic of himself!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
s.gentz wrote:
beckybeek wrote:

You're getting warmer.

Rossi hired a videographer to cover his trip/race in Boston.

The correct answer: He probably has dozens of pictures on the wall of him wearing Boston gear.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NJSteve wrote:
s.gentz wrote:
beckybeek wrote:

You're getting warmer.

Rossi hired a videographer to cover his trip/race in Boston.

The correct answer: He probably has dozens of pictures on the wall of him wearing Boston gear.

I would love to see that!! What a tool!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
beckybeek wrote:

And when with his wife, he pretends she is Julie Miller
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [s.gentz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bet he cheats at board games when he plays with his kids

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
I bet he cheats at board games when he plays with his kids

Hey!!! I have the VERY Limited SIMPSONS Edition Scrabble ...

Cheating is not only encouraged, it's rewarded

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure we've all seen this by now. It's not about him. Hell, he can't even run a 5k without talking about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V68SMFrpFt8

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next