Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [4Ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. How was the rest of the run after downing a few pints? I had the biggest tunnel vision ever on that race. The only thing I spotted was the holy water. You couldn't miss that one.

That had to be up there with being one of the hardest races I've ever done. Maybe that's why I don't do many 10ks because I try and run them like a 5k.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [4Ring] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4Ring wrote:
I was on my way to a PR at the peachtree this year and right when i get to the top of cardiac hill what do i see....

The damn Sweetwater beer truck - PR gone, but i added a few pints and it was glorious.

I heard that too, on Episode 79 of the BrewDrinkRun podcast

http://brewdrinkrun.com/...ode-79-nipple-karma/

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This has really started to gain steam on FB since the offer. The local newspaper that covers the race just added an article about the $100k offer.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Ironfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runners World just updated their article with Rossi's response:

http://www.runnersworld.com/...-boston-marathon-dad

"In an email to Newswire, Rossi reiterated the sentiments he made in May, writing, “The latest ‘article’… contains nothing new and features the same unfounded accusations and inaccurate analysis of the evidence that launched the original investigation. These allegations against me were fully investigated by the Via Marathon who found no evidence of any wrongdoing on my part.

“Many of the people behind these allegations are anonymous posters on a notoriously biased and sensationalist website,” Rossi continued.

Rossi said he has returned to light running after he spent 12 weeks rehabbing a torn gluteus medius tendon prior to the Boston Marathon in April.

“As I continue my rehabilitation, I hope to increase my running, and I look forward to one day running at my pre-injury level,” Rossi wrote. “I believe I will have no problem posting similar times.”
Rossi did not say whether he would accept the challenge from LetsRun.com, and Johnson said Rossi has not yet reached out to him about whether he intends to take him up on the offer."
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hope he can get back to his "pre-injury level" of running. There's just not enough
22 minute 5k runners around.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [craigj532] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:

"In an email to Newswire, Rossi reiterated the sentiments he made in May, writing, “The latest ‘article’… contains nothing new and features the same unfounded accusations and inaccurate analysis of the evidence that launched the original investigation. These allegations against me were fully investigated by the Via Marathon who found no evidence of any wrongdoing on my part.

“Many of the people behind these allegations are anonymous posters on a notoriously biased and sensationalist website,” Rossi continued.

Rossi said he has returned to light running after he spent 12 weeks rehabbing a torn gluteus medius tendon prior to the Boston Marathon in April.

“As I continue my rehabilitation, I hope to increase my running, and I look forward to one day running at my pre-injury level,” Rossi wrote. “I believe I will have no problem posting similar times.”
Rossi did not say whether he would accept the challenge from LetsRun.com, and Johnson said Rossi has not yet reached out to him about whether he intends to take him up on the offer."

He won't accept the challenge. He's a cheat and a liar, and he will find any excuse to get out of being held accountable for his lack of integrity.

If I was the one begin accused, I would fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. Many honest people would as well.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I take them up on this challenge?

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Ga Tri Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude will never race again. Guaranteed.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Ga Tri Coach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ga Tri Coach wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

He won't accept the challenge. He's a cheat and a liar, and he will find any excuse to get out of being held accountable for his lack of integrity.

If I was the one begin accused, I would fight tooth and nail to prove my innocence. Many honest people would as well.

I highly doubt that anyone with the mettle to actually run a 3:11 marathon would have the guts to do it again with a challenge and attention like this.

“Bloom wherever you are planted"
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [kny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kny wrote:

x2
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HuffNPuff wrote:
kny wrote:

x2

For everything, there is a Seinfeld reference http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqNYQmpJZnM
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
K-DUB wrote:
Ga Tri Coach wrote:
craigj532 wrote:

I highly doubt that anyone with the mettle to actually run a 3:11 marathon would have the guts to do it again with a challenge and attention like this.

My 3:13 BQ was done way back in 2002, and if someone challenged me with that kind of dough, I'd take it in a second.

---------------------

"Whether you believe you can or you can't, you are right."
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agree, easier for him to claim that he's not fully recovered from
His injury (assuming that is real) and not do it.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [K-DUB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
By PR is 3:00:xx from 2 years ago. Shine as bright a spotlight on me as you want and offer up $100k as a hanging fruit, I'll be more than happy to try to top my PR. I think 99% of legit BQers feel the same as I do. It doesn't take guts to attempt a PR.

K-DUB wrote:

Quote | Reply
zoom wrote:
By PR is 3:00:xx from 2 years ago. Shine as bright a spotlight on me as you want and offer up $100k as a hanging fruit, I'll be more than happy to try to top my PR. I think 99% of legit BQers feel the same as I do. It doesn't take guts to attempt a PR.

K-DUB wrote:

I ran a 3:17 at 55. If someone offered my 100K, I sure would try to get to 3:11. One sure would have honor in trying. One just offering excuses, especially with that much money on the line,
is showing what really happened.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never run an open marathon, but if someone wanted to pay me to that kind of cash to break 3:00, I'd go out tomorrow and try.

Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
I've never run an open marathon, but if someone wanted to pay me to that kind of cash to break 3:00, I'd go out tomorrow and try.

And that is the bottom line. For anyone with integrity, who would not give it a try for money like this?

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:

And that is the bottom line. For anyone with integrity, who would not give it a try for money like this?

Anyone with integrity would have released the proof that he claims to have regarding the original 3:11 time.

Let's forget even the 3:11 for $100k. Maybe the hot, humid day at Lehigh Valley really was a once in a lifetime achievement and he will never match that level of fitness. It should still be a walk in the park for him to run the 3:25 and claim the $10k.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
craigj532 wrote:

That's what makes them so good at track down cheats [Kip Litton] & liars [Paul Ryan]

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:

Actually he's kinda playing it smart

If he were to take up the challenge, break 3:11 and collect $100K [or even $10K for the 3:35/70:00/22:00 side-bet] his soon-to-be ex-wife will get half in the upcoming divorce

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dgunthert wrote:
h2ofun wrote:

Anyone with integrity would have released the proof that he claims to have regarding the original 3:11 time.

Let's forget even the 3:11 for $100k. Maybe the hot, humid day at Lehigh Valley really was a once in a lifetime achievement and he will never match that level of fitness. It should still be a walk in the park for him to run the 3:25 and claim the $10k.

At first I thought this was a pretty stupid stunt by LetsRun. Then I thought about it. Rossi is, no doubt, a true narcissist. I think he is going to buy a treadmill and start training in secret. And without a lot of analysis I would think he can run a 3:25. He wasn't training hard or properly and went a 3:4?. There is some talent in that body...in that soft doughy body. What he might not know, and what will probably be his downfall, is that he doesn't know how to train or how to work hard but he probably thinks he does.

I suspect the reason he did Philly was to prove to himself that he could actually BQ. Though he is doing a darn good job of contradicting this, he probably wasn't comfortable with how he cheated to get in. So he possibly does have a need to do it. Maybe I am just hoping for more drama but I think an attempt might be made...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe he's not really injured and training like a madman in order to hit the 3:25. Then he'll say "look I did 3:25 coming off an injury and not even training hard."

It would be hard not to punch this guy in the face if I saw him.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [IronStork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks like the Let's Run thread has been pulled and he seems to be declaring victory via Twitter.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You have to be using a registered username to now post in this thread. Please do not post personal information in this thread and keep the discussion on topic."

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How in the world do you log in with a registered name?

Quote Reply

Prev Next