Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
if i was him, and i had the fitness, i'd run a sketchy 5K - something where there's enough doubt but not enough proof either way.

if i was him but didn't have the fitness (wait, you know what? i have no idea what makes him tick in the first place...)
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [timbasile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unless there was a written contract, which I'm almost certain there wasn't, I'm not sure if you can say LR is adding post-hoc stipulations.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timbasile wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
timbasile wrote:
aw3 wrote:
I particularly like the part about drug testing him before and after!

Is that a new stipulation? I don't remember that one being posted before...

It is a way for them to find out how small this guy's penis really is.

If their thesis is to prove that he can't really run that fast, then absolutely drug testing should be in order. This would be the quick and easy way out for him. My point had more to do with the legal liability that this might create, if they're offering him a cash incentive to run, then add in new stipulations after the fact would complicate any legal challenge which might come their way.

Given the history - it would be easy to see a situation where he runs the 3:11 for the 100k, then refuses to take a drug test on "privacy grounds."

denali2001 wrote:
unless there was a written contract, which I'm almost certain there wasn't, I'm not sure if you can say LR is adding post-hoc stipulations.

He hasn't run it yet, and neither he nor his AOL Lawyer Grampa Grimes have even agreed to any terms, so I'm not sure if it's really "after the fact"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
He hasn't run it yet, and neither he nor his AOL Lawyer Grampa Grimes have even agreed to any terms, so I'm not sure if it's really "after the fact"

Of the entire story, I have to say that the AOL Lawyer is my favorite part.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This story won't die.

"And seven months later, it’s becoming clear that one story is turning a man into a legend."

A long write-up in the Abington PA patch.com website: http://patch.com/...thon-becoming-legend
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HandHeartCrown wrote:
This story won't die.

"And seven months later, it’s becoming clear that one story is turning a man into a legend."

A long write-up in the Abington PA patch.com website: http://patch.com/...thon-becoming-legend

Yep

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I follow the story on LR. It's beyond words at this point. They clearly have no "Slowman" to shut something down. I think they proved their case beyond a reasonable doubt. He won't budge as cheaters gonna cheat. At this point I would not be surprised if Rossi actually did something to a few of them on LR......in a not so good way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
HandHeartCrown wrote:
This story won't die.

Yep

Not the kind of legend most people want to be and not the kind of article anyone wants published on themselves. A better title might have been ... as more time passes, Mike Rossi's reputation as a notorious running cheat is cemented in place.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
I follow the story on LR. It's beyond words at this point. They clearly have no "Slowman" to shut something down.

I think it mostly stems from the fact that their Slowman (Rojo and Wejo) are two of the main instigators. It is kind of an interesting story in a way. If he would have just come out and said he cheated early on he probably would have just kind of faded away. It seems like he is in it too deep now to finally admit fault. It kind of reminds me of the Armstrong saga - had he just admitted early on, the vitriol would have been less.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rossi is going down with the ship at this point. Many like him do. Deny even with their last breath. Nothing they say or do will change that. To me, the work is done. What is going on now is a situation where it's not really about VIA or Boston. It's personal. My guess is a fair amount posting at this point are throwing stones from their own glass houses.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
3Aims wrote:
I follow the story on LR. It's beyond words at this point. They clearly have no "Slowman" to shut something down.

I think it mostly stems from the fact that their Slowman (Rojo and Wejo) are two of the main instigators. It is kind of an interesting story in a way. If he would have just come out and said he cheated early on he probably would have just kind of faded away. It seems like he is in it too deep now to finally admit fault. It kind of reminds me of the Armstrong saga - had he just admitted early on, the vitriol would have been less.

Even if he admitted it a couple days after lying, it would be dead now. Instead he's a laughing stock in the running community.

Quote | Reply
What I find funny, is that the whole original issue that put the spotlight on him, was a standard "form letter" that the school sends when you have too many absences. We received the same letter after our daughter was out for 7 school days for Kona this year. We just ignored the letter. Our teacher knew about it and she did homework during the trip and didn't fall behind.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
What I find funny, is that the whole original issue that put the spotlight on him, was a standard "form letter" that the school sends when you have too many absences. We received the same letter after our daughter was out for 7 school days for Kona this year. We just ignored the letter. Our teacher knew about it and she did homework during the trip and didn't fall behind.

Yep, some make themselves visible and the fun begins.

In our school district, if you know your kid is going to be out 5 or more days, we can just ask for them to get home study for these days, and the teacher has to give them the homework. And by doing this, the school district also gets paid. This is what most do not understand, if your kid is not in school, the school does not get paid! My wife works at school and had to try and educate adults about this fact for years.

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reminds of steroids in baseball. Look at the circus which ensued around Roger Clemens who continuously denied any use. Andy Pettitte was part of the same Mitchell report and reportedly got steroids from Brian McNamee as well, but people just let it go and the Clemens witch-hunt began. People cared so little about Pettitte and he went on to pitch 6 more seasons. Amazing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:

Well, I think Rossi's original point (but not his tactics) was correct....I have a hard time with a school notifying the parents that their child's absence will be "unexcused".

If I, as a parent, decide to take my kid out of school for whatever reason, the school should not be able to classify it however they choose.

Chicago Cubs - 2016 WORLD SERIES Champions!!!!

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

Well, I think Rossi's original point (but not his tactics) was correct....I have a hard time with a school notifying the parents that their child's absence will be "unexcused".

If I, as a parent, decide to take my kid out of school for whatever reason, the school should not be able to classify it however they choose.

Unless one worked with the school, BEFORE you took your kid out, then by law, that is what they have to call it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
Power13 wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

Unless one worked with the school, BEFORE you took your kid out, then by law, that is what they have to call it.

Bingo!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Power13 wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

Bingo!!!

And the school does not get paid those days. Parents just have no idea how their actions impact the schools, and their kids education. My parents NEVER pulled me out of school, let alone to go somewhere for them. Now I cannot say my kids have not, but at least
they have told the teacher, gotten the home school homework to do while gone, and the school got paid!

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [eye3md] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
eye3md wrote:
h2ofun wrote:
Power13 wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

Bingo!!!

Yeah....tried that recently with one of my daughter's practices. A few weeks before, their dance routine was delayed and she missed her dance class (which we pay for).

For an upcoming practice, there was a conflict and we notified the school and team that she would not be there so she could attend the class we pay for (and had already missed once because of their mistakes). Their response - unexcused absence and she would miss the next performance as a result.

"If ever the time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I missed school plenty of times for swim meets and soccer tournaments. I always spoke to the individual teachers beforehand and got the homework beforehand. They were always willing to help. Sometimes I was gone a whole week and they hadn't planned that far ahead yet so I only got what they planned so far. Still..... the absences were unexcused according to the school if I remember correctly.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
I missed school plenty of times for swim meets and soccer tournaments. I always spoke to the individual teachers beforehand and got the homework beforehand. They were always willing to help. Sometimes I was gone a whole week and they hadn't planned that far ahead yet so I only got what they planned so far. Still..... the absences were unexcused according to the school if I remember correctly.

Just talked with the boss at school. Does not matter what you call it, if your kid is not in the school seat, for whatever reason, even if you told them ahead of time, the school does not get paid. Being sick, at a funeral, or just playing hooky, does not matter, the school does not get paid
and the general term is call unexcused.

Now, and schools vary, if you tell them ahead of time, and it is over like 5 days, you can get independent study. You get the work, and do the work, the school gets paid.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm embarrassed to say that I've been checking the LR thread almost daily. The whole thing is a psychological train wreck, which I find fascinating. As the thread starts to slow down a bit, Rossi goes in there with another user name (i.e. Where Is The DQ? appears to be his most recent one) and pokes the coals a bit with some really unintelligent trolling - he's not even good at it. I think the guy craves the attention so badly, he'll do everything he can to keep it going. As far as he's concerned, he's famous now and that's all that matters.

This won't end well. Something bad will come of this. He's a guy that really needs a real friend to show him what's in the mirror.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
stevej wrote:

Just talked with the boss at school. Does not matter what you call it, if your kid is not in the school seat, for whatever reason, even if you told them ahead of time, the school does not get paid. Being sick, at a funeral, or just playing hooky, does not matter, the school does not get paid
and the general term is call unexcused.

Now, and schools vary, if you tell them ahead of time, and it is over like 5 days, you can get independent study. You get the work, and do the work, the school gets paid.

Ummm.....no, at least not for our district. Hence the reason for two terms - "excused" and "unexcused". According to what you just posted there only need be one term - "absence" since it will be classified as "unexcused" no matter what.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Power13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Power13 wrote:
motoguy128 wrote:

I think his original point was "hey everyone, look at me", otherwise none of us would know anything about this story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please define " the school does not get paid ".

When you say that I envision each teachers paycheck being a little less when students are absent. What I think you are referring to is the school receives less funding the following year ?

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply

Prev Next