Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
K-DUB wrote:
I bet he cheats at board games when he plays with his kids

Hey!!! I have the VERY Limited SIMPSONS Edition Scrabble ...

Cheating is not only encouraged, it's rewarded

JOYM

AZIP

Cheaters!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Moe: Hey lunkhead. how did you get sick?
Curly: JOYMs

I think we used this rule, but I can't figure out what the word was SUPPOSED to be [or we just skipped the "One letter only" part

Quote:
Cletus DelRoy: The Misspelling Rule. Use this to spell like a slack-jawed yokel. One letter, and one letter only, may be misspelled.

There's a space between the "A" and the "ZIP"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Oct 29, 15 8:31
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like he was a DNS for NYC. No splits show up on the tracker.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:

wait, I thought that's normal for Rossi?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Rumpled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rumpled wrote:
yeah, that's the word. No explanation for the DNS yet
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Rumpled wrote:

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My guess is he ran the race.....with race number...but no timing chip!?!
Thus he gets "the race experience" but not the shit storm that would follow his >4+ hour race results.

CJ
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [HeyCJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging by his Twitter feed, he was still home in PA on Saturday afternoon

https://twitter.com/mikerossi22

Guess he mistimed his trip and couldn't make it to the start?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe he couldn't get the kids out of school.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
Rumpled wrote:

crackin me up
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:

He forgot to set his clock back? Or would that get him there early?

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [GoJohnnyGo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GoJohnnyGo wrote:

Nicely done! I refer you to your own post for that gem > http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...post=5753467#5753467
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
GoJohnnyGo wrote:

He forgot to set his clock back? Or would that get him there early?

Jerry: (pause) So what happened? The snooze alarm, wasn't it?
Jean-Paul: Man, it wasn't the snooze. Most people think it was the snooze, but no, no snooze.
Jerry: AM/PM.
Jean-Paul: Man, it wasn't the AM/PM. It was the volume.
Jerry: Ah...the volume.
Jean-Paul: Yes, the volume. There was a separate knob for the radio alarm.
Jerry: Ah, separate knob.
Jean-Paul: Yes, separate knob. Why separate knob?! Why separate knob?! (frustrated)
Jerry: Some people like to have the radio alarm a little louder than the radio.
Jean-Paul: Oh, please, man, please!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chapeau!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man this story just does not end. Latest $10k, 5k challenge was this past weekend. You could not make this stuff up.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow. He cheated at a 5K turkey trot! That is hella funny.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My summary of his possible cheating in a 5k this weekend:

http://triathleteguru.blogspot.com/...-attempt-to.html?m=1

Tony
http://www.triathleteguru.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think this is crossing over into the realm of conjecture now.

Firstly, overtaking 670 people in a 5k might be unusual, but it's not impossible. I'm sure some of my chip/gun times would show something similar e.g. if I'm late to the start line and can't get near the front of the pack, I'll usually wait at the back and give everyone a minute or so head-start to disperse. Not ideal but better than being blocked in with a bunch of 9-minute milers.

Secondly, even though Mike Rossi is clearly a few spoons short of an ice cream party, I can't believe even he would be stupid enough to try and pull something as weak as that. He must know by now that everyone is going to scrutinise every single race of his; even the people lining up alongside him would probably know his face and be watching his every move.

I think it's important to not get consumed with conspiracy theories because is only going to lend legitimacy to his defence of his LVM performance.

That said, it does look a bit suspicious and I do enjoy it when stories rumble on for months like this :)
Last edited by: aw3: Nov 30, 15 4:24
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [tonythetriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i like how he says he had a shoe malfunction and turned an ankle heehee
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [aw3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sure it's possible but someone who is trying to prove that he is legitimate wouldn't start at the back and weave through all the crappy runners like me.

His story is getting sad.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He had a legitimate reason for starting in the back. He stated that he had a shoe malfunction. He wanted to make sure that the shoe malfunction didn't manifest itself into a chip malfunction. Who could blame him :)

Quote | Reply
True dat. Plus if you have a shoe malfunction you could be dangerous to your competitors so it's best to hang back for a minute. You should probably step off the course too. Just to be sure.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As I posted on LetsRun, this 5K happened in here in South Jersey [where he could cheat with impunity, since no one who follows LR or ST lives here?] so I posted the following to the DQ Events FB Page [being all Local Knowledge, and stuff]

"Glad to see you had a Washington Post acclaimed course-cutter in Westmont today, trying to swindle LetsRun out of $10K by going sub-20

He almost made it too - must've cut through the wrong backyard"

Not long afterwards, Mike Rossi sent me a Friend request on FB - probably with the porpoise of trolling the shit out of me - which I quickly deleted AND blocked him, as well.

Unfortunately I did this before I investigated who the 4 Mutual Friends we shared were

So, I'm offering Bonus Points to them if they Unfriend this Liar and Cheater

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
His ass needs to get on a track with a video camera for 12.5 laps and be done with it.
Quote Reply

Prev Next