Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't log on, but if you try to post with a registered name you have to enter your password.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My impression is that the thread got disappeared not because of Rossi per se, but because a really nasty troll took over the thread. The article about Rossi remains on the front page.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BlackStumpGumby wrote:
My impression is that the thread got disappeared not because of Rossi per se, but because a really nasty troll took over the thread. The article about Rossi remains on the front page.

I saw a new thread stating what you said, one person was going nuts so looks like they pulled the original thread. Mike wins.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
BlackStumpGumby wrote:

I saw a new thread stating what you said, one person was going nuts so looks like they pulled the original thread. Mike wins.

Was it Rossi/one of his "friends"?

Could have been his clever plan.

"Human existence is based upon two pillars: Compassion and knowledge. Compassion without knowledge is ineffective; Knowledge without compassion is inhuman." Victor Weisskopf.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Alvin Tostig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The guy wasn't a friend. He was posting anonymously until outed as a former colleague. The thread then took an odd turn and offered a glimpse into the world of wedding production. Apparently, this other guy had scammed lots of wedding couples out of their money for video services never rendered. He said he got behind, had personal issues, etc., but it wasn't until the Attorney General forced him to make good on his deals that he finally got around to delivering the videos - in some cased, I believe several years later.

At some point in their working relationship, this guy and MR had a falling out and then when the guy started posting comments on some of the local online "viral dad cheating" articles, MR took to bashing him on FB and Twitter. That's when this guy joined the crusade to crucify MR and get him DQed and started posting on the LR thread.

It just escalated from there and really drove the thread from the time the non-DQ was announced until the LR article offering the payouts was posted. I'm sure MR himself was posting from time to time as he was posting stuff only he could know about the guy's family.

At one point, the acquaintance received a C&D letter from MR's attorney (who, hilariously enough, still works with an aol email account). He stopped posting for a short while, but was soon back with a vengeance. It just got to be a little too much with personal attacks and calling out family members. The poster (who is apparently a ~300-lb non-runner) was warned several times by the Brojos (and other posters), but I guess it finally came to a head and they had to pull the thread.

Maybe they're weeding through posts to eliminate any libelous comments - or perhaps LR received a C&D letter themselves. It's too bad as there was a lot of good research done by the running community to prove through photo evidence and analysis of other race performances that there was no way this guy ran the full course in 3:11 on that day.

The other guy is still posting as LMR on the other thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He's still at it

https://twitter.com/...s/658464481773813761

23:51 at a 5K in PA

Bib #24718 at NYC on Sunday

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty incredible. He did that 5k under a modified last name (ROSS). He has already said he is running with a friend so 3:50-4:15 is expected in NYC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Let it go guys. Further roasting will only hurt the kids and family.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For 100 grand, give me a man thong, a bunny hat, and make me sing yankee doodle the entire time I try and break the requested time. No way in hell I will do it, but for that kind of cash (at age 27) Id do some pretty absurd things.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
He's still at it

Pretty slow

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did he qualify for the NYC marathon?!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure if that was pink, but no qualifying times for NYCM.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Marlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Marlin wrote:

Yes you can Qualify for NYC, actually pretty high standards, my AG I need a 2:55. Much faster than a BQ

"Base training is bull shit" - desertdude
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Marlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might want to visit the NYCM's web site. Not only are there qualifying times, it's tougher than Boston. Most people enter via the lottery system, but there are qualifying slots ... I'm not talking about elite levels either.

Marlin wrote:

Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
For 100 grand, give me a man thong, a bunny hat, and make me sing yankee doodle the entire time I try and break the requested time. No way in hell I will do it, but for that kind of cash (at age 27) Id do some pretty absurd things.

Don't pretend you don't have the bunny hat ready to go.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I may be misinterpreting this....but if you go to

http://liveresults.nyrr.org/...15#/tracker/RNXD24PF

Mike Rossi is under this. His bib # is 24718

and to the bunny hat comment - who has a bunny hat laying around? Now the man thong - is a different story all together ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [LuchaLibre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LuchaLibre wrote:
I may be misinterpreting this....but if you go to

http://liveresults.nyrr.org/...15#/tracker/RNXD24PF

Mike Rossi is under this. His bib # is 24718

Yep, he posted it on his Twitter

I'm guessing that's gonna be among the most tracked numbers this year [I already put it in the app]

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So how did he get into the NYC marathon? There is no way he qualified correct?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [zoom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huh. Had never checked because it never really interested me, and everyone I know that has done it would never have qualified at anything like those times. Guess the lottery is not that tough.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The lottery for entry into this year’s New York City Marathon opens Thursday and will be open to runners looking to score a spot in the race through the Big Apple for a month.
Runners can submit applications at the New York Road Runners’ website starting at noon EST on Jan. 15 and ending Feb. 15. There are two main methods of receiving entry: via guaranteed and non-guaranteed spots.
Runners looking for non-guaranteed entry make up the bulk of the field, which had more than 50,000 finishers last year. Three separate drawings will take place in March to decide who gets entry in the following three pools:
1. NYC-metro area applicants (residents in and within 60 miles of New York City)
2. National applicants (United States residents outside of the NYC-metro area)
3. International applicants (non-United States residents, including Puerto Rico and other U.S. territories)
My guess is he got in via lottery. Time quals are for guaranteed entry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
h2ofun wrote:
RandMart wrote:
He's still at it

Pretty slow

[pink] Don't know what you're trying to imply here. It's obvious he was either injured, running with a friend, or just not trying hard. [/pink]
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Schonner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Schonner wrote:

Let it go guys. Further roasting will only hurt the kids and family.

Normally I'd agree, but his tweet also poked at LR forum. He shook the bee's nest. Why should internet folks care about what it does to his kids and family when MR doesn't care?

Quote | Reply
http://www.letsrun.com/...ting-line-in-boston/

My first post was an early reaction. I've done more reading since then and now better understand. The article attached above provides an objective viewpoint that is hard to argue against.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thread on Let's Run is really insane. People are crazy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah crap, MR and I have the same profile silhouette on the NYCM tracker....

BTW, I will be wearing all black too. But I'll offer up GPS data if I somehow pull off a BQ (which is doubtful). They still have horses in CP? Nevermind.
Quote Reply

Prev Next