Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The singer and song aren't much, but the song's mere existence is hilarious. I wonder if Rossi will play it at one of his weddings.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [BlackStumpGumby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody really needs to call into the radio station he works at on occasion and request it.

I almost sorta, kinda feel bad for the guy, but he brought it on himself. We all make mistakes, but this was a big one and he just kept digging a deeper hole.

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one still following this on LR?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3Aims wrote:
Am I the only one still following this on LR?

Probably not, but I have stopped. So what is going on!?!?!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [chaparral] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you're talking about the original LR thread then seemingly nothing is happening.

I just had a quick browse through the 2 most recent pages of posts and it's all just people bitching about whether or not the people posting on the thread are secretly Mike Rossi or not.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [3Aims] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have off and on. Not much going on except it appears someone got Inside Edition to do a story on that Ken Stillman guy who was all over that thread. He hasn't been seen since.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't have an account over there but dang they have some interesting stuff.

Yea, the Inside Edition twist was funny. Almost too good to seem real. I don't think the Rossi story is over just yet.

That site exposes someone like every week. Gregory Price (Marine Marathon), the female AG WR 10 mile attempt, LA Marathon girl, etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [KellyNCollier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [KellyNCollier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
KellyNCollier wrote:

If you guys are looking for more entertainment, This Guy:
http://www.letsrun.com/...d.php?thread=6997110

lol

Quote | Reply
KellyNCollier wrote:
If you guys are looking for more entertainment, This Guy:
http://www.letsrun.com/...d.php?thread=6997110

Won't make it past 26.2 pages

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That guy just lies. Claiming to have run X by yourself is different than cheating in a real race. I'm more of a fan of the cheater type, who then lies to cover it up, or in the very small minority tells the truth like Price. But they all mostly lie when caught and it's fun to watch their performance going forward.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't cheat

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now he's banditing Kenny Chesney concert tailgates.

http://www.phillymag.com/...nny-chesney-concert/
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

lol that guy is really something. staff asked him to leave. then police asked him to leave. I wonder if he said "don't you know who I am?"
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I make fun of my wife as she watches Lifetime and Dateline each night before she goes to bed...........then I grab the laptop and track/read all of the letsrun-twitch-hunts like Rossi, Young, Lawlor, etc. I'm blown away at what people will do for attention/success/etc.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's a train wreck. It's hard to look away
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [TriTamp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The big moral of this story, and it's very likely that he had that tough lesson, is that at the end of the day, that Boston Marathon, which you're supposed to remember for your whole life as one of your great achievements, was for him his great downfall and the source of much aggravation for him and his family I bet. Pretty sure by now he wishes he didn't cheat his way into it (would have been much better for him to pay his way in through a charity).
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Noticed that the comments had one from an admirer named Rob Young. lol
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [rodchaves31] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rodchaves31 wrote:
The big moral of this story, and it's very likely that he had that tough lesson, is that at the end of the day, that Boston Marathon, which you're supposed to remember for your whole life as one of your great achievements, was for him his great downfall and the source of much aggravation for him and his family I bet. Pretty sure by now he wishes he didn't cheat his way into it (would have been much better for him to pay his way in through a charity).

One would hope that would be the case.

Out of curiosity I googled "Mike Rossi Kenny Chesney" to see if any other stories had details on what happened in the Linc parking lot, and via the results came across his FB page. One of the pics he has posted, in November of 2015, shows him proudly sporting what appears to be a BAA cap.

So who knows.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriTamp wrote:
WelshinPhilly wrote:

lol that guy is really something. staff asked him to leave. then police asked him to leave. I wonder if he said "don't you know who I am?"

"The hallmark of truly stupid people is that they apply poor judgment skills across a wide spectrum of experience" - Seth Davidson aka The Wankmeister

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:

Court was 2PM today; nothing yet is known about how it went

However, this post from Letsrun

Quote:
By googling the Judge's name on the court document, I discovered that he is a multi-time Boston Marathon and Broad Street Run finisher. In fact, he ran collegiately with Cecily Tynan's husband. It's going to be an interesting day.

He's fucked [unless this is one of those rare cases in Philly where the Judge decides on the merit of the law, objectively]

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.phillymag.com/...08/mike-rossi-court/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
http://www.phillymag.com/news/2016/07/08/mike-rossi-court/

wow. just wow
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
26 months & 26,849 posts later

Quote:
We're going to lock this thread. If you think it should be kept open email wejo@letsrun.com

What a ride!!!

Quote Reply

Prev Next