Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RAAM cancelled...
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an email from IM for my transfer registration from Oceanside 70.3 to Superfrog 70.3. As I was completing the form it said I had to pay a $50 transfer fee. Has anyone had this issue come up when completing their new race registration?
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [spintela] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my email for the rock and roll San Diego marathon being pushed to fall. I’m moving away this summer and won’t be able to do fall hoping for refund option
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Hollywood_USAF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am pretty disappointed in Life Time. Can't believe they haven't cancelled Dirty Kanza yet.

There are the folks who cancelled NY Tri cause it was summer.
Last edited by: WannaB: Apr 3, 20 23:10
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [WannaB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s really funny.

Is eagleman going to happen? 6/14 in Cambridge md.

Logic tells me that the area should not want to draw in people from all over, but the smart thing hasn’t been the approach of many areas that have not yet been hit hard. On the other hand, the local area and IM probably want the revenue.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A race on June 14th has zero chance of happening.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't even know who these people are kidding or trying to kid in just pushing stuff to the fall none of it's happening!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I don't even know who these people are kidding or trying to kid in just pushing stuff to the fall none of it's happening!!!!!!!

So what do we do if we’ve taken the deferment from Chattanooga 70.3 originally in May this year to Augusta 70.3 in September? If these predictions of the whole year being down the drain are true it seems like Ironman is really taking its PAYING customers for a hell of a ride. Does Andrew Messick not grasp the concept of the time value of money??? If ever there’s a time to grasp that concept it’s now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [dasOlind] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dasOlind wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

So what do we do if we’ve taken the deferment from Chattanooga 70.3 originally in May this year to Augusta 70.3 in September? If these predictions of the whole year being down the drain are true it seems like Ironman is really taking its PAYING customers for a hell of a ride. Does Andrew Messick not grasp the concept of the time value of money??? If ever there’s a time to grasp that concept it’s now.

I totally agree. They are acting like there is a chance of racing and it's not going to happen. NOT TRYING TO BE A DOWNER but it's just reality we need to accept this year. We are in uncharted territory and they seem to have no problem with playing with people$. We need to except that until there's a vaccine or herd immunity we aren't going to be able to have large gatherings. So minimum of a yr!!!!! DON'T be one the people practicing self deception! Except our new reality as weird as it is and make the best of it. We will race again. Not this yr but when we do it will be better than before. As for IM. They need to stop fucking around and show some gumption. Stop letting people think that anything is going to happen this year. It's just going to reflect poorly on them the longer they string people along. It's like there taking there cues from Conman Twump!!!!!
Last edited by: Fishbum: Apr 4, 20 11:49
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
dasOlind wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

I totally agree. They are acting like there is a chance of racing and it's not going to happen. NOT TRYING TO BE A DOWNER but it's just reality we need to accept this year. We are in uncharted territory and they seem to have no problem with playing with people$. We need to except that until there's a vaccine or herd immunity we aren't going to be able to have large gatherings. So minimum of a yr!!!!! DON'T be one the people practicing self deception! Except our new reality as weird as it is and make the best of it. We will race again. Not this yr but when we do it will be better than before. As for IM. They need to stop fucking around and show some gumption. Stop letting people think that anything is going to happen this year. It's just going to reflect poorly on them the longer they string people along. It's like there taking there cues from Conman Twump!!!!!

OK well Ironman can just cancel the race you are in and keep your money. This is an act of God. You already signed up for them to keep your money.

So rather than beating up on them for giving all of us a chance for other races, we can thank them for those options. The alternative, is they just keep it and say, "Sorry Act of God, no refunds, no transfers, thanks for your interest in the event. Come back next year".

So I think Ironman TRYING is a GOOD thing. At least they are holding out and trying to make it work.
Last edited by: devashish_paul: Apr 4, 20 12:02
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I will agree with the fact that they are and hopefully continue to do this. Just should say we are transferring everything to next yr. My 2¢
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree that a race anytime soon is ill advised. If the race should be cancelled, IM should call it and let everyone move on from the slight potential of a race going forward.

IMO - the lack of any plan going forward at this stage is frustrating for their consumers. I don’t expect them to have something set up the first week it’s possible (maybe next July - who knows). But I would like it if they had a coherent plan. The way they are proceeding is going to catch up with them in that they are not going to be able to hold entry fees for dead races forever. They will very soon run out of dead races with entrants.

Sorry for the rant.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
I will agree with the fact that they are and hopefully continue to do this. Just should say we are transferring everything to next yr. My 2¢

OK then let's not complain about them giving us a remote chance to race this year when they can just take our money and run.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
Fishbum wrote:

OK then let's not complain about them giving us a remote chance to race this year when they can just take our money and run.

Well we all have opinions and the ability to voice them. Both of us.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
Terryh wrote:
THIS WHOLE VIRUS THING IS STUPID F$CKING MEDIA OVERHYPE.

Re-read your post in, say, 30 days. I hope you are right. I think you will be very wrong.

Still feeling that way Terryh?????
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Tri.Tony] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a simple philosophy that I apply to companies if things don’t go as planned: ‘Don’t punish me for being your customer’. If you are trying to resolve my issue, doing whatever you can, being reasonable, and trying to put the customer first, even if I don’t get a replacement or refund, if it was every reasonable thing you could do, I’m ok with that. But if you put me in the position of ‘buyer beware’, or tough luck out of our control but we’re keeping your money, then I’ll never buy from you again. I’ve had races cancelled, one offered a refund, three were deferred or rescheduled. My half IM is still on, but probably not going to happen. I’ll look at the options when they are presented. Heck even the crappy airlines gave full refunds. I expect IM to provide a no cost deferred entry to the next year’s race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RAAM cancelled for the first time in history (39 years)...

Randy Christofferson(http://www.rcmioga.blogspot.com

Insert Doubt. Erase Hope. Crush Dreams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sadly I agree... at this point, the odds of any race taking place in NA before 03/2021 are not good at all. I am fully planning on racing on zwift all year.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
vonschnapps wrote:
Heck even the crappy airlines gave full refunds.
American Airlines did not - they gave me credit, which must be used by December 31, 2020.
Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [docpeachey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docpeachey wrote:
vonschnapps wrote:
Heck even the crappy airlines gave full refunds.

American Airlines did not - they gave me credit, which must be used by December 31, 2020.
Sharon

Delta gave a full refund, and just saw this on Bloomberg News:

Airlines must fully refund airfare to passengers whose flights have been canceled during the outbreak of Covid-19, the U.S. Transportation Department ordered on Friday.
The DOT is receiving growing numbers of complaints from people who say airlines have refused to pay refunds after flights were canceled, the agency said in a press release and an enforcement notice.
“The obligation of airlines to provide refunds, including the ticket price and any optional fee charged for services a passenger is unable to use, does not cease when the flight disruptions are outside of the carrier’s control,” the agency said.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, for flights that the airline itself cancels. I am on a flight for this Saturday. The seating chart shows it about half full. It is a crapshoot if it will actually go. Do I wait until Saturday and hope they cancel the flight before takeoff to get my money back? If it does in fact leave, and I didn’t cancel, I get nothing. Or do I cancel it on Thursday or Friday and only get airline credit, but at least that is “something”?
Sharon

Festina Lente
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [docpeachey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Frankfurt

“Confirm that the 2020 IRONMAN European Championship Frankfurt cannot take place as planned on June 28, 2020”.

STRAVA INSTAGRAM
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Dr. Triax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Ireland

Confirm it will not take place as planned on 21st June 2020.

Update on options by 30th April.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Fazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just had the email that IM CT 70.3 is cancelled (instead of postponed as they said a few days ago)

Options include transfers to 10 other half-ironman races starting with Maine in August thru to eagleman in June 2021... but no option to def until IMCT70.3 for next year!! Surely the race hasn't been binned?!

Annoyingly, CT means no travel costs for me. Now I need to book a two night stay away as I choose one of the other races!
Quote Reply

Prev Next