Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman South African Championships Postponed until November....

Just received the email - gutted - but I guess it`s for the best.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No of course not sorry. The moron you were replying to. Should have made that clearer...
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
we need to avoid these types of gatherings so we don’t end up like northern Italy.

I think that you will find that the US (or at least parts of the US) are already well past that point already
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Behan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yesterday we saw a tsunami of cancellations and I would agree that it's the right thing to do. I would also note that it is a lot easier to take those actions in the face of a strong economy. But with each cancellation, the economy is slowing and tipping towards a recession. Will politicians have the courage to continue pulling permits in the coming months at risk of a global depression? When the human misery of bankruptcies and unemployment starts to exceed that caused by sickness and death I believe the pressure to restart life "as usual" (whatever that may mean post viral peak) may become unbearable. It will be a Hobbesian Trap.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [mattsurf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattsurf wrote:
ChrisM wrote:
we need to avoid these types of gatherings so we don’t end up like northern Italy.

I think that you will find that the US (or at least parts of the US) are already well past that point already

Agreed and I’ll leave the reason for that to the lavender room
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just received this regarding Oceanside.

Dear Athlete,
Thank you for reaching out, we understand and appreciate your concerns regarding COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience while we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please expect a comprehensive statement regarding IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside by March 20th, at 5pm PST.
In the interim, we would like to take the opportunity in this communication to remind you of hygiene protection measures recommended by the World Health Organization:
  • Washing your hands frequently - Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly

• Before eating or handling food
    • After using the toilet
    • After coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
    • After touching public surfaces
  • Maintain social distancing - Try to maintain a meter away (3 feet) from people who are unwell
  • Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
  • Practice respiratory hygiene

• Covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
    • Disposing of used tissues immediately and appropriately in a bin

• If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
  • Stay informed and follow guidance by your healthcare provider

For up-to-date information on Covid-19 refer to www.who.int and California Department of Health at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
Thank you,
Your IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside Team

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [M&M Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M&M Tri wrote:
Just received this regarding Oceanside.

Dear Athlete,
Thank you for reaching out, we understand and appreciate your concerns regarding COVID-19.
We appreciate your patience while we are taking the appropriate measures to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please expect a comprehensive statement regarding IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside by March 20th, at 5pm PST.
In the interim, we would like to take the opportunity in this communication to remind you of hygiene protection measures recommended by the World Health Organization:
  • Washing your hands frequently - Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and dry them thoroughly

• Before eating or handling food
    • After using the toilet
    • After coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose or wiping children’s noses
    • After touching public surfaces
  • Maintain social distancing - Try to maintain a meter away (3 feet) from people who are unwell
  • Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
  • Practice respiratory hygiene

• Covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze
    • Disposing of used tissues immediately and appropriately in a bin

• If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical care early
  • Stay informed and follow guidance by your healthcare provider

For up-to-date information on Covid-19 refer to www.who.int and California Department of Health at: https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/Immunization/ncov2019.aspx
Thank you,
Your IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside Team

So. Fucking. Tone. Deaf.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interested to see what usat does with collegiate nationals in Tempe scheduled for first weekend in April. Got an email yesterday asking for volunteers, which appears as if moving forward with the event. Anyone heard anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why are they dragging this for another week? Give people a chance to cancel flights and hotels/airbnbs ffs
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TulkasTri wrote:
Why are they dragging this for another week? Give people a chance to cancel flights and hotels/airbnbs ffs

Insurance?

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s really unbelievable. I wonder if Gina is making this call? Her hands tied by corporate?

I’ve already canceled my hotel, so I’m out anyway. IMO it’s the responsible thing to do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder if IM and Oceanside are working on a new date for the race. Just trying to think of an explanation for why they would say there'd be a detailed statement in 1 week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ironman has really been an absolute clown show. They are doing a horrendous job.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:
Interested to see what usat does with collegiate nationals in Tempe scheduled for first weekend in April. Got an email yesterday asking for volunteers, which appears as if moving forward with the event. Anyone heard anything?

College Nats is such a fun race, but I seriously can't imagine how it would still go off...

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So is Ironman Campeche still happening this weekend? I heard PR was canned but nothing about Campeche.. guess that means it is still on and slipped in under the wire.

Registration still open... race doesn't start will 1pm on Sunday, flights are cheap, here is your chance to race in 2020...

Quote | Reply
Probably worth noting that Boston is now a fall race.

https://www.baa.org/...stponed-september-14
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [SDJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SDJ wrote:
Gothenburg. SE Half Marathon - Canceled

County of San Diego just issued a ban on groups larger than 250 through March. Expect that to continue - Oceanside is April 4th.
Carlsbad 5000 - Expect it to be moved or canceled
Super Seal scheduled for this Sunday - Expect it to be canceled.

Carlsbad 5000 Sept 20
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rasputitsa Spring Classic gravel race postponed to July 25th from April 18th.

Anyone heard status about BWR?
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [TBV Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TBV Runner wrote:
Rasputitsa Spring Classic gravel race postponed to July 25th from April 18th.

Anyone heard status about BWR?

Anything about Mid South this weekend?

Janyne
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:

Maybe if Gina was RD for the Boston Marathon they wouldn't have changed it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mgreer wrote:

So Des Linden was right to target both Olympic Trials AND Boston :-) (especially as not racing the Olympics)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
London Marathon postponed to October 4
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Pyrenean Wolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyrenean Wolf wrote:
mgreer wrote:

So Des Linden was right to target both Olympic Trials AND Boston :-) (especially as not racing the Olympics)

I'd be really impressed if someone does the Boston (9/14), Berlin (9/27), London (10/4), Chicago (10/11), NYC (11/1) marathon majors gauntlet.

Edit to add London.
Last edited by: mgreer: Mar 13, 20 10:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, here is some good news, all non-essential travel to and from virus-hit countries has been suspended for Islamic State jihadis:

https://www.aymennjawad.org/...coronavirus-pandemic
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
Ironman has really been an absolute clown show. They are doing a horrendous job.

I think what you are saying is that a Chinese entity is not working in the best interest of U.S. citizens?

Go figure....
Quote Reply

Prev Next