Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fly by Night - May 2 to Sept 5.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Brazil postponed to august 16th.
Too optimistic imo. Numbers show that our contagious curve will start do go down in late august/september.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [B.McMaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fly by Night - May 2 to Sept 5
---

If we're lucky

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
Ironman Australia ......postponed
Ultraman Australia'.... postponed
Ironman Cairns...…... postponed

I see ITU Leeds is cancelled in early June and ITU Montreal at which the age group race is our nationals (and was my target A event is technically still on during last weekend of June. a month earlier swimming master's nationals at the end of May also an A race...not cancelled yet.

Is suspected both will go down shortly.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

I see ITU Leeds is cancelled in early June and ITU Montreal at which the age group race is our nationals (and was my target A event is technically still on during last weekend of June. a month earlier swimming master's nationals at the end of May also an A race...not cancelled yet.

The Indian Pacific Wheel Ride (Australia's premier Bikepacking event) has been thrown into chaos now that all our states look like they are closing their borders.They were two days into their trans continental ride and now a whole bunch of Perth locals are driving 200-300 miles to pick up all the riders so they can fly home before they have to be quarantined.

My swim challenge is still all go for April as my local pool remains open.I have decided to do a non-stop Ultraman on the cancelled Ultraman Oz course on their race date of May 9th.. Have to swim/bike/run totally unassisted for 515k in 36hrs. Shit you do when you have nothing else to do. :-)
Last edited by: ThailandUltras: Mar 22, 20 0:46
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ktri wrote:

Most people don't realize that the exercise we are all currently engaged in of "flattening the curve", while beneficial, is, by design, meant to lengthen out the time that we all have to suffer together. It might be next summer (2021) before we are allowed to pin on a bib. That makes me sad.

I agree. I found it interesting that some of the IM's have rescheduled for the fall, when really its hard to believe any municipality is going to be OK with 3000+ people gathering by then... Season is done. Just like my investments..... arrgg..
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri-Banter wrote:
Fly by Night - May 2 to Sept 5
---

If we're lucky

It will be interesting for the late finishers.

May 2 sunset. 8:10
Sept 5. 7:35.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
Ktri wrote:

Most people don't realize that the exercise we are all currently engaged in of "flattening the curve", while beneficial, is, by design, meant to lengthen out the time that we all have to suffer together. It might be next summer (2021) before we are allowed to pin on a bib. That makes me sad.

I agree. I found it interesting that some of the IM's have rescheduled for the fall, when really its hard to believe any municipality is going to be OK with 3000+ people gathering by then... Season is done. Just like my investments..... arrgg..

Good, some of you are finally getting what the flat curve really means. We are not going to be racing this summer, will be lucky if anything happens early winter in the warmer states. I still see some late may races on calendars, please stop taking entry fees RD's for any race in the next 4 to 5 months. It will just make things harder and more complicated for you and the athlete later on. If things open up, there will be plenty of pent up demand and time to get folks to your race..
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ThailandUltras] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

The Indian Pacific Wheel Ride (Australia's premier Bikepacking event) has been thrown into chaos now that all our states look like they are closing their borders.They were two days into their trans continental ride and now a whole bunch of Perth locals are driving 200-300 miles to pick up all the riders so they can fly home before they have to be quarantined.

My swim challenge is still all go for April as my local pool remains open.I have decided to do a non-stop Ultraman on the cancelled Ultraman Oz course on their race date of May 9th.. Have to swim/bike/run totally unassisted for 515k in 36hrs. Shit you do when you have nothing else to do. :-)

Keep us posted on your self supported Ultraman. Hopefully slowman can feature that in an article. My next swim is likely in June when the rivers and lakes here are warm enough. Fortunately, I am able to run again (albeit slow). Any events I do this summer are likely to be solo self generate. I'll likely do the individual legs of sprint, olympic, half IM as solo TT's at least once per month all summer (no transitions). that gives me 9 TT's per month. Plenty to "shoot for". I may see if some buddies want to join in doing them in ITT mode (haha no drafting and no Jimmy Riccitello needed as we will be social distancing)....

...new marketing...join my draft free social distanced events...anything is possible (Patrick Lange will likely not join but Frodo will approve LOL)

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Olympics are postponed/canceled if you’re Canadian or Australian.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Transcontinental Race cancelled for this year (scheduled for late July 2020) and postponed to July/August 2021. Entry still valid for next year. Just gives me 12 more months to build up my endurance legs and plan my route.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Keep us posted on your self supported Ultraman. Hopefully slowman can feature that in an article. My next swim is likely in June when the rivers and lakes here are warm enough. Fortunately, I am able to run again (albeit slow). Any events I do this summer are likely to be solo self generate. I'll likely do the individual legs of sprint, olympic, half IM as solo TT's at least once per month all summer (no transitions). that gives me 9 TT's per month. Plenty to "shoot for". I may see if some buddies want to join in doing them in ITT mode (haha no drafting and no Jimmy Riccitello needed as we will be social distancing)....

...new marketing...join my draft free social distanced events...anything is possible (Patrick Lange will likely not join but Frodo will approve LOL)

Dev

The Trans America Triathlon scheduled for May was just cancelled...
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I completely agree. I've got two races in May (one on the 3rd, one on the 30th), and I keep waiting for emails about cancellations or postponements. I haven't cancelled flights or hotels yet, because I'm waiting for those emails. Do they really, honestly think they can put those races on? But, on the other hand, if they somehow are able to put those races on and I'm able to go, I will. That's why I haven't cancelled any flights or hotels yet. I wish they'd make a decision so I could plan around it.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
The Olympics are postponed/canceled if you’re Canadian or Australian.

The Olympics are postponed

FIFY

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On that note, does anyone still think we’re going to have a triathlon race season?

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
On that note, does anyone still think we’re going to have a triathlon race season?

2 weeks ago, I thought there might be a short race season at the end of summer.

now... nope. it's not gonna happen.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Dilbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not read through the full list. Has anyone mentioned that the Olympics has been postponed to next year?
Looks like everything, everywhere is cancelled for this year. Crazy.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Now people are starting to get pissed that Broad Street [May 3] hasn't been cancelled

Postponed to 10/4/2020

https://twitter.com/.../1242134050447527936

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:

You know what is happening in your area best. All I'd say is things change daily at the moment and May 9th is a long way off in the current situation. We are all athletes, even if nowhere near your level myself, and some people here are capable of amazing things that are great to read about.

Having said all that, and deliberately not addressing you personally, there is concern about people turning up on race day of cancelled events. I'm not going to make that argument here. But very broadly make the point that we need to make sure our outdoor activity is within the spirit of what our community is asking from us at that time. Anyone in the UK, for instance, shouldn't be doing that sort of thing however much we want to be out and do great stuff. As I say you know your area best so in no way a personal criticism.
Last edited by: OddSlug: Mar 23, 20 14:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hawaii 70.3 moved to Aug 15th.

Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

You know what is happening in your area best. All I'd say is things change daily at the moment and May 9th is a long way off in the current situation. We are all athletes, even if nowhere near your level myself, and some people here are capable of amazing things that are great to read about.

Having said all that, and deliberately not addressing you personally, there is concern about people turning up on race day of cancelled events. I'm not going to make that argument here. But very broadly make the point that we need to make sure our outdoor activity is within the spirit of what our community is asking from us at that time. Anyone in the UK, for instance, shouldn't be doing that sort of thing however much we want to be out and do great stuff. As I say you know your area best so in no way a personal criticism.

Totally agree and if the situation changes so will my plans.

I am in the small village of Coolum on the Sunshine Coast in Oz and here in our state the outdoor pools are still open so I'll keep swimming until they are forced to close. I live 250meters from the outdoor pool and walk there through a playing field.At the pool I get my swim tag scanned and jump in the pool without touching anything or using the change rooms.I don't chat with anyone.The same on the way home.If the pool closes I'll just swim at the beach which is very quiet at the busiest of times.As for the May 9th challenge,if the pool is still open I'll do it,if not then I won't and if we get totally locked down I'll just find some other silly thing to do.

It is interesting to see how everyone is dealing with the self isolation thing and the lockdown rules because I keep joking that what everyone is going through in regards to self isolation is my dateless loser normal life. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [gregtay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gregtay wrote:

As if that’s going to happen. I will be taking the deferral to 2021.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The GMAN wrote:
gregtay wrote:

As if that’s going to happen. I will be taking the deferral to 2021.

I was thinking the same thing. They should just run it the week before/after Kona... use the same crew.

Quote | Reply
Victoria 70.3 postponed to August 9. Do these August postponements have any shot at happening?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ThailandUltras wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
ThailandUltras wrote:

Dev

The Trans America Triathlon scheduled for May was just cancelled...

Ultra520K Canada ..Cancelled

I reckon it is only a matter of time before Ultraman Canada and Ironman Canada are pulled as well..
Quote Reply

Prev Next