Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift Tour of Watopia 3 Female Pro race happened today. With sports being cancelled it was the best I could come up with to watch. It was interesting watching the Power the women put out and watching how the race unfolded.

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Last edited by: timr: Mar 16, 20 18:46
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [timr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barkley Marathon cancelled. Current registrants roll over to 2021.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
Barry Roubaix still on for now:

"We are currently not officially postponing the race scheduled for April 18, but as the likelihood continues to grow, we are working through phase two of our communicated action plan, which includes exploring options for rescheduling the race to another date in 2020. With that said, we are reserving Saturday, October 3, 2020, as a back up date."

Now postponed to October 10
Last edited by: beercity: Mar 17, 20 8:07
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
Thom wrote:

"We are currently not officially postponing the race scheduled for April 18, but as the likelihood continues to grow, we are working through phase two of our communicated action plan, which includes exploring options for rescheduling the race to another date in 2020. With that said, we are reserving Saturday, October 3, 2020, as a back up date."

Now postponed to October 3

Now Oct 10
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thom wrote:
beercity wrote:
Thom wrote:

Now postponed to October 3

Now Oct 10

My bad, edited my post.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Spidey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No surprise as UPenn also canceled Commencement Ceremonies
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
St. Anthony's postponed today.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [twosix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Record Store Day postponed till 6/20/2020

Although not an endurance event, per se, this will relocate another Screaming Tortise event; the Record Store Day Challenge

Quote:
Record Store Day Challenge - Choose a song, an album, an album SIDE, an EP, what have you. Guesstimate how much ground you'll cover in that time and that is your goal. Then "drop the needle" and go!!! If you beat your mark you win; if you don't ... you STILL Win!!!

Let me be clear: I am NOT a fan of Record Store Day; if you want to support your local record store, do it more often than once a year ... you should go once a week or at least once a month

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70.3 Santa Rosa was just postponed. New date TBD.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my signature needs to be updated every day.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear ya. At least I got in a HM before shit went sideways.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [el gato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
el gato wrote:
70.3 Santa Rosa was just postponed. New date TBD.

Same for 70.3 Victoria. The emails were identical, with just the race name changed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
HFP Racing has suspended the entire season until further notice and has cancelled the Triple T.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Mark Lemmon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know if someone said it above, but sadly it is much easier at this point to assume everything is cancelled and just list the ones that are not. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dirty Kanza to announce on May 1 if the race is a go or to be postponed or what. Race date is May 30.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [helo guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s a week to week thing now, but everything scheduled for April seems to be canceled and races I have in May have been sending ‘we’re watching the situation’ notices. Would rather they just canceled now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [vonschnapps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now people are starting to get pissed that Broad Street [May 3] hasn't been cancelled and they keep pimping out their sponsors, like Jeep, TRULY Hard Seltzer and DICK's Sporting Goods

https://twitter.com/.../1238609309614968832

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Collins Cup is postponed to 2021. The Championship dosen't take place at the 31st of May, maybe later this year according to a german triathlon magazin. But I didn't recive a E-Mail from TeamChallenge so far.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Chefe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironman 70.3 florianopolis postponed to july 12th (originally april)
ironman brasil postponed to august 16th (originally may 31st)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.espn.com/...e-year-olympic-delay

Pressure mounts to defer the Olympic Games to 2021.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The Lighthouse 50/100 Ultramarathon that was to be held on May 31 has now been cancelled. All entries will be rolled into 2021.

I am now lost. I am assuming everything will be cancelled. I am not even looking for another event for this year as it will be cancelled as well.

Most people don't realize that the exercise we are all currently engaged in of "flattening the curve", while beneficial, is, by design, meant to lengthen out the time that we all have to suffer together. It might be next summer (2021) before we are allowed to pin on a bib. That makes me sad.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Battenkill moved from May 9 to Sept 12
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It does suck but there's no alternative.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [vittorio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rio de Janeiro marathon festival postponed to 11&12th of October (was 13/14th of June).
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [CyclingClyde] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman website now says this:

Announcement
Based on the mandate from British Columbia Provincial Health Officer in relation to the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Victoria, originally scheduled for May 31 has been postponed. The new 2020 event date, which is currently being finalized with local officials, will be communicated as soon as possible. Athletes that are registered for the event will receive an email in the coming days with further details. If you have additional questions, please contact victoria70.3@ironman.com[/url].

Quote Reply

Prev Next