Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Mugen_EP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Galveston postponed. SIAP, but here is a link from IM with postponing's or cancellations:

https://www.ironman.com/updates

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Email received postponing Oceanside:

We are committed to the safety and well being of everyone in our race community. We have been following and will continue to follow the recommendations of public health agencies and local authorities.

At this time, we can confirm that the 2020 IRONMAN 70.3 Oceanside triathlon will not take place as planned on April 4, 2020. We are working to reschedule the event. Stay tuned to ironman.com/updates for the latest information.

We appreciate your patience in this very dynamic time.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Vegaskid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s postponed/not happening as planned. (Galveston 70.3) —just got the email
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hyner ultra trail run.

Postponed pending further notice.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Umstead 100 in Raleigh NC is cancelled. No refund offered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Believe it is time to flip this thread 180 degrees, and post what events are not being cancelled. Pretty much everything of note is gone, but what has snuck through the cracks and still happening? No doubt some small 100 person outdoor events can still happen, or not...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hell Of Hunterdon here in NJ. Figured it's a small race, only cycling in 2 weeks. May have had a shot. Nope.

Postponed til later this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USA Cycling officially suspending permits on all events through April 5th.

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
monty wrote:
Believe it is time to flip this thread 180 degrees, and post what events are not being cancelled. Pretty much everything of note is gone, but what has snuck through the cracks and still happening? No doubt some small 100 person outdoor events can still happen, or not...

Yesterday's Pi Day 3.14M went off without a hitch

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9sYYaIntLG/

Of course, it was a Screaming Tortise event - sort of DIY - and I was the only one doing it, so I didn't need to cancel myself

Next up would be the Runaway Golf Cart 10K*, which would be on Masters Weekend, but with the Masters postponed, I'm not sure if we'll do on the Traditional April date, or whenever they decide to put it on

* Make your own course ... 26.2 Miles OR 13.1 Miles OR 10K, BUT it MUST include at least ONE GOLF COURSE!!! Either at the Start, the Finish or somewhere in between!!! You can just run by if you're not allowed ON the course itself [yeah, this is a running race, not a Golf Cart Race, in case that wasn't clear]. Time Bonuses will be awarded for wearing Argyle, Plaid or Ugly Hats - the kind you might get a bowl of soup with

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [TBV Runner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But yet Dana White says ufc fights may relocate but will continue.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Barry Roubaix officially postponed until Oct 10.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bath half marathon in the UK continued today, usually has 10K+ runners, 6200 started today.
Liverpool half marathon and 10 mile race continued today, usually has 3K+ runners.
Would you have toed the start line today if you would have been signed up?
Last edited by: TriStart: Mar 15, 20 11:34
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:
But yet Dana White says ufc fights may relocate but will continue.

Dana white has been good at keeping revenues going since day 1.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CDC just recommended canceling gatherings of 50 or more for 8 weeks.

So that would be anything up to and including Santa Rosa/ Gulf Coast on the US Ironman calendar.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [pmart96] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Collegiate nationals is for sure postponed til the fall. I think a lot of schools had already shut down

The Cherry Blossom 10 Miler has been cancelled. Earlier last week they were just talking about allowing people to defer til next year if they wanted to due to wanting to distance themselves out of caution, but they cancelled it for real yesterday and gave people 3 options: 1) Defer to next year (still have to pay the entry fee next year but essentially get guaranteed entry and don't have to go through the lottery), 2) get a refund, 3) donate your race fee to charity.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Dan Funk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dan Funk wrote:
Don't know how it rates as major... but the Little 500 at Indiana University is definitely at risk.

IU is keeping students away after spring break next week for at least a couple weeks... online classes... so they won't get back to school until near mid April, if at all. Race is April 25. Even if they're back on campus could be tough to pull off.

Believe would be the first cancellation in 69 years, I believe. First race was 1951.

Little 500 canceled.
& after spring break, classes will be online the remainder of the semester.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Blmgtnbkr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Solvang Double Century which was supposed to be on march 21st just got cancelled. Was looking forward to it..

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powerman Germany April 19th cancelled.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Dudaddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a major event, unless you consider shopping an event. REI closed all of it's stores for at least 10 days.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [G-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Penn Relays (Apr 23-25th), the oldest & one of the biggest T&F events in the country was cancelled today.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Spidey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spidey wrote:
Penn Relays (Apr 23-25th), the oldest & one of the biggest T&F events in the country was cancelled today.

I happened to think of that yesterday when they were replaying last year's on NBCSports Philly

Broad Street Run is the week after that, so that will most likely be the next Philadelphia event to go

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Broad Street Run is the week after that, so that will most likely be the next Philadelphia event to go
I have a bib but am now on a multi-week layoff due to injury; I'm not doing it no matter what. I'd have guaranteed entry for next year if they do cancel.

"it's not a cloud blocking the sun, it's a silver lining"

I wonder if they've started printing shirts yet? (For those who don't know it, it's about 40,000 participants on the first Sun in May.)
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Spidey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spidey wrote:
it's about 40,000 participants on the first Sun in May

My first thought was that the race wouldn't be as big of a problem as the Expo; but then, I remembered the subway ride

Yeah, it's gonna get canned

Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just replying to the last one and have not seen it posted

May 17 Los Angeles Triathlon postponed
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Australia ......postponed
Ultraman Australia'.... postponed
Ironman Cairns...…... postponed
Quote Reply

Prev Next