Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
boston marathon now "postponed" officially
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Pathfinder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That’s a very good question about the powers a governor has to cancel an event like Oceanside 70.3

It’s an executive order requiring local health authorities to act to protect public health. The permits for the race are from the city of Oceanside and US Marine Camp Pendleton, so they can withdraw permission citing the local health emergency. San Diego County is probably also involved somehow.

Here is the executive order:

Sharon McN
@IronCharo
#TeamZoot
Clif Bar Pace Team 2003-2018
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Every is cancelled here in Norway. Every event and practice country wide.
All schools are closed.

We are taking this seriously
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [rcmioga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just heard from a friend who's in PR for the 70.3 that there's talks of postponing / cancelling the race there. Still, there's no official communication yet.

This information is also in the comments on 70.3 Puerto Rico Facebook page. It seems that the PR Governor issued a statement that all events and gatherings of 250 or more should be postponed or cancelled. It also seems that IM has sent an email to volunteers and athletes.
Last edited by: CMattos: Mar 12, 20 13:09
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SharonMcN wrote:
It looks like CA Gov. Gavin Newsom will call for a moratorium of any public event drawing more than 250 people in one place.

If I was in CA, I could take my old band on tour, 'cuz we'd NEVER draw that many people

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [SharonMcN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can bet Camp P ain't gonna let any civvies in.

In other news, Catalina Marathon canceled.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [CMattos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CMattos wrote:
Just heard from a friend who's in PR for the 70.3 that there's talks of postponing / cancelling the race there. Still, there's no official communication yet.

This information is also in the comments on 70.3 Puerto Rico Facebook page. It seems that the PR Governor issued a statement that all events and gatherings of 250 or more should be postponed or cancelled. It also seems that IM has sent an email to volunteers and athletes.

Just canceled.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is not endurance related, but the NCAA BBall tournaments (Mens and Womens) has been cancelled.

https://www.espn.com/...canceled-coronavirus
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Berlin Half Marathon cancelled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yup... they're taking the racks down. I guess this will have a snowball effect now.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [trimike77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, not endurance related, but in keeping with the OP, you could say that the March madness tourney is kind of like the TDF. Not every day for each team, but if you make it to the final, you played a lot of games that month. At any rate, this is probably the biggest thing going on in the US at this time of year. Certainly the folks that take bets for a living, are going to see a giant hole in their business.

Nothing is safe now, and like Halvard in his little country that has shut down everything, we will not be far behind it appears.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trievents race #1 at Bonelli Park cancelled for 3/15/2020. Info on their website.

Gary Mc
Did I mention I did Kona
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Gary Mc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Messick's statement here is pretty mindboggling. "Athlete density will be decreased by increasing individual race space staging, corrals, etc". The guy is clueless.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
Messick's statement here is pretty mindboggling. "Athlete density will be decreased by increasing individual race space staging, corrals, etc". The guy is clueless.

Yeah that was an almost Trump like thing to say
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [alex_korr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:

It’s incredibly tone deaf. Let’s face it, not one of these races scheduled in the next couple of months is going to happen and likely much longer than that.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Cactus Cup stage race scheduled for this weekend in Phoenix is postponed because, unusually for here, we are having 4 straight days of heavy rain. It has been re-scheduled for April 3-5 but most likely won't happen.

Andrew Inkpen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gothenburg. SE Half Marathon - Canceled

County of San Diego just issued a ban on groups larger than 250 through March. Expect that to continue - Oceanside is April 4th.
Carlsbad 5000 - Expect it to be moved or canceled
Super Seal scheduled for this Sunday - Expect it to be canceled.

Dave Jewell
Free Run Speed

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alex_korr wrote:
My favorite was "Athletes will be allowed to pick up their athlete race kit/race bib and immediately exit expo area." Wait, I'm not going to have to walk by the M-Dot cake pans and barbecue kits?! What a generous sacrifice, Ironman, and all to protect my health. Lol!
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [AndrewPhx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like Superseal has officially been cancelled.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And what does canceled "due to the local health authorities" mean? Far as I know, the races are canceling themselves. Strict reading of this only gives benefits if they are forced to cancel, not choose to
Last edited by: ChrisM: Mar 12, 20 14:59
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [sphillabaum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Messick statement is just cringeworthy. Embarrassing.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and IM PR 70.3 is imminent. People on site and race captains have been notified that it's cancelled. No official e-mail yet...but the FB group (*per my wife-I'm socially inept) says so...

edited to add:
I just got the official e-mail of postponement.
Last edited by: dtoce: Mar 12, 20 15:03
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [USCoregonian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
USCoregonian wrote:
The Messick statement is just cringeworthy. Embarrassing.

Dude is in denial, not the river.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just been notified that the Monte Rio race in NorCal has been cancelled. Was scheduled for June 14th.
Quote Reply
Re: Let’s keep track of major endurance events held and cancelled [Andres] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well Superseal website says it is cancelled.This is an Ironman brand and there will be way less people here compared to Oceanside. So only logical conclusion is Oceanside will be cancelled. I'm sure they are just waiting till last minute so some chumps will still sign up for a charity slot. I’m getting robbed big time between Ironman and the markets.
Last edited by: Jimbotri: Mar 12, 20 15:31
Quote Reply

Prev Next