Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Are the Speed Concept mono extensions really out of stock everywhere or do I need to go to a shop to have them ordered?

We've actually updated them to fit with the new hardware (enlarged from 5mm to 6mm bolts). This requires new hardware and a new slider to fit the new mono extensions.

6mm bolts and T-nuts – 596164
Mono Slider – W582447

If you visit your dealer they can order these along with the new extensions (which they'd see through their dealer portal).

Mono S-Bend: W582445
Mono Short: W582444
Mono Long: W582443

Also, for questions like these, they're great to have in the Official Speed Concept thread so other owners see it too - I'll share this for anyone else's reference however.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I'm looking for a Speed Fin in matt black for the following Speed Concept frame:

https://archive.trekbikes.com/...ies_frameset/details

In my local Trek store I can buy this element only in gloss black . Can I get it somewhere in matt black? Will it still be available in this color?
Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [triathlete_78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

What travel boxes work best with a large sized SC? I’m curious about the Bike Box Alan Triathlon Aero Easyfit in particular, but curious if you have opinions on the Scicon, Evoc and other models.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [triathlete_78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triathlete_78 wrote:
Hi Mitch,

I'm looking for a Speed Fin in matt black for the following Speed Concept frame:

In my local Trek store I can buy this element only in gloss black . Can I get it somewhere in matt black? Will it still be available in this color?
Thanks in advance.

Hey there, only gloss black fins would be available unless you have your dealer request it to be matched if you own a Project One model at an additional cost. They would have to work with Sales/Warranty on that. The part number is W326750 for the fin.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Mitch,

What travel boxes work best with a large sized SC? I’m curious about the Bike Box Alan Triathlon Aero Easyfit in particular, but curious if you have opinions on the Scicon, Evoc and other models.

Thanks

My experience is with the Scicon bags, they fit best and we use them with our team bikes!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
You'll likely see the tricolor decal on the reflective sidewall tires once the old stock has been sold to where new stock is in. It would be the exact same tire, just with a little decal on it.

I saw the reflective sidewalls up recently. I mean whitewall, not reflective.

The last-gen R3 whitewall looks phenomenal with Trek's white-on-red branding. (And it has nice acoustics!)
Last edited by: HTupolev: Oct 28, 19 2:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
triathlete_78 wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks in advance.

Hey there, only gloss black fins would be available unless you have your dealer request it to be matched if you own a Project One model at an additional cost. They would have to work with Sales/Warranty on that. The part number is W326750 for the fin.

Thank you for your answer, Mitch.
So if I have a standard 2017 SC frame, I won't be able to order a matt fin?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
triathlete_78 wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
triathlete_78 wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks in advance.

Just checked, we could have it painted as well for an added cost. Otherwise, you could easily paint it on your own or leave it in the gloss black!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any deeper wheels than the xxx6 coming in 2020?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Any deeper wheels than the xxx6 coming in 2020?

Nothing to report on at the moment!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

There is always the Speed Fin with the SC frameset?
Why Trek chose to stop OCLV 600 SC in 2017 for the 500?

TO, Tim Reed, Linsey Corbin ride on a OCLV 500 ?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [mackito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Does the new 6mm Mono Extension Slider have the same external dimensions as the old 5mm version?

The bolt holes will obviously be different, but does the slider itself fit into the slot on the old bars?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the quantitative difference in the aerodynamics of the Madone and the 2020 Domane? Just the frame, not the wheels and handlebars.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [mackito] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mackito wrote:
Hi Mitch,

There is always the Speed Fin with the SC frameset?
Why Trek chose to stop OCLV 600 SC in 2017 for the 500?

TO, Tim Reed, Linsey Corbin ride on a OCLV 500 ?

Framesets do come with the fin - specifically part number W327327

The 500 series OCLV is a stronger layup over the 600 series and the team wanted to use one uniform material across all SC models at the time. The weight savings was also not noticable to the 600 series for the SC. And our athletes do ride on 500 series OCLV.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [marting] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marting wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Does the new 6mm Mono Extension Slider have the same external dimensions as the old 5mm version?

The bolt holes will obviously be different, but does the slider itself fit into the slot on the old bars?

The new Mono Extension has the same dimension from my understanding. But the hardware areas are enlarged

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oooooh looks like I got one of the last 600 series frames ;)

Is the UCI base bar noticeably lighter than the non-UCI bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Justicebeaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Justicebeaver wrote:
What is the quantitative difference in the aerodynamics of the Madone and the 2020 Domane? Just the frame, not the wheels and handlebars.

Thanks!
Unfortunately we don't have public data to compare the design of the Madone to the Domane for aerodynamics. But some of the Madone design was carefully added into the creation of the bike. The Madone still remains as our ultimate road bike with unsurpassed aerodynamics compared to the Domane and Emonda models we also share. For a purely aero bike, the Speed Concept still remains as our primary contender.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

I’m getting a pair of (used) Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3V TLR Disc wheels and was wondering what rim strip and tubeless valve I’ll need to get from my local shop. I found the list below on the Tri website which gives recommendations for rim strips and valves based on each wheel, but the Aeolus Pro 3V is not on it http://trek.scene7.com/...ve_Compatibility.pdf[/url]

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chemist wrote:
Mitch,

I’m getting a pair of (used) Bontrager Aeolus Pro 3V TLR Disc wheels and was wondering what rim strip and tubeless valve I’ll need to get from my local shop. I found the list below on the Tri website which gives recommendations for rim strips and valves based on each wheel, but the Aeolus Pro 3V is not on it http://trek.scene7.com/...ve_Compatibility.pdf[/url]

You'll want the following for both front and rear:

Rimstrip - W574595
Valve - W578872

Enjoy the new-to-you wheels!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a bunch!

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
And our athletes do ride on 500 series OCLV.

Are you sure about that?

Look at :28.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zka2kSo6nT8

Every photo/video I have seen of the athletes bike on TFR, has shown 600 OCLV.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:

And our athletes do ride on 500 series OCLV.

Are you sure about that?

Look at :28.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zka2kSo6nT8

Every photo/video I have seen of the athletes bike on TFR, has shown 600 OCLV.

These are frames from the past years that the Race Shop has collected. Frames moving forward, once those are done, are 500 series. Hard for me to keep up with what they are all currently riding.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Nov 1, 19 9:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

Is anyone approved to repaint your frames without wrecking the warranty? I bought a Madone SLR 6 Disc not knowing the giant headache that the matte paint was going to be. I got a little bit of Gatorade on it and it stained the frame. Since the bike shop won't take the bike back (even though it's been less than 30 days), I'm trying to weigh my options. I want a good looking bike but don't want to have to baby a frame I haven't even made the first payment on. Trek sent some special cleaner from the paint dept to try to get the Gatorade out, but honestly, I'm not hopeful
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [jazzymusicman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jazzymusicman wrote:
Hey Mitch,

Is anyone approved to repaint your frames without wrecking the warranty? I bought a Madone SLR 6 Disc not knowing the giant headache that the matte paint was going to be. I got a little bit of Gatorade on it and it stained the frame. Since the bike shop won't take the bike back (even though it's been less than 30 days), I'm trying to weigh my options. I want a good looking bike but don't want to have to baby a frame I haven't even made the first payment on. Trek sent some special cleaner from the paint dept to try to get the Gatorade out, but honestly, I'm not hopeful

Hey there,

We don't work with any third party painters. Painting the frame does remove the warranty so it is something we can't suggest outside of a Project One paint job on a new order. I would try to use the cleaner we issued out - if that doesn't work let our team know. Being an owner of several matte black paint jobs, I know they do require a different attention when caring for them, but you should be able to have that stain from your Gatorade cleaned up.

Matte paint has a rough texture which eliminates the light reflection that would normally create a gloss. A good cleaner and a microfiber rag can help keep it clean.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
triathlete_78 wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
triathlete_78 wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks in advance.

Just checked, we could have it painted as well for an added cost. Otherwise, you could easily paint it on your own or leave it in the gloss black!

Thanks, Mitch!
I just confirmed this with my local Trek store here in Poland. Thank you very much for your help!
Quote Reply

Prev Next