Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How far along is the Speed Concept disc?

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Callin'] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
within 2 years

mitch you forgotten one question.
why didn't trek made the aeolus xxx 8/9.
this really bugs me.
ive got a 5 and 7 and would love to get my hands on a 6 front and 8 back.
was the market already saturated with deep back wheels?

and thank you for your time to answer.

mvg mark
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Coffeeaddict87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All! I am new here and have decided I want to get a speed concept but I am not sure what size to get. I already bought the wrong size bike once so I would prefer to not do that again. I have a local Trek store nearby but the store is brand new and after talking to them I am almost certain they have never built a bike for a triathlete before. Here are my measurements from my fit about a month ago (file attached). Thanks in advance!

Saddle height - 719mm
Frame stack - 514mm (too small)
Handlebar reach - 497mm
Grip reach - 773mm
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Hi Mitch. Thanks for coming over to the dark side of online forums. Slowtwitch will prob end up being 1 persons full time job lol

Anyway as a Trek fanboy and 2x SC owner I would love to see all P1 bikes come with the draft box painted to match. It just ends up looking tacky IMO. Maybe even go so far as the base bar and extensions.

MY 2nd gripe is to make the P1 paint available to do touch ups. As a matter of fact all paint. It would be really nice to be able to fix chips.

Thanks for listening

This website is pretty bright though... Ha!

We used to paint the Draft Box in P1 - and I pushed for it on one I ordered recently too. But the fact is the paint doesn't adhere as well to the draft box so that option was removed.

Touch up paint is a tough one, that paint actually has a shelf life of 2 hours before being unusable. We hate wasting paint and want to protect the environment. Great question though! What I have done for myself and suggested for others, is try to hit up your local automotive body shop paint supplier to have a direct match made. You'd be surprised how close they can get it!

Callin' wrote:
How far along is the Speed Concept disc?

No details to spill on if we will have that model coming or not. We just gotta wait and see what the future has in store! (literally)

Coffeeaddict87 wrote:
within 2 years

mitch you forgotten one question.
why didn't trek made the aeolus xxx 8/9.
this really bugs me.
ive got a 5 and 7 and would love to get my hands on a 6 front and 8 back.
was the market already saturated with deep back wheels?

and thank you for your time to answer.

mvg mark

In past years, our mid to low depth models were always the most sought after. But know that our product team is working diligently to push our wheel program further - stay tuned.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Feb 21, 19 14:46
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [dockay1234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dockay1234 wrote:
Hi All! I am new here and have decided I want to get a speed concept but I am not sure what size to get. I already bought the wrong size bike once so I would prefer to not do that again. I have a local Trek store nearby but the store is brand new and after talking to them I am almost certain they have never built a bike for a triathlete before. Here are my measurements from my fit about a month ago (file attached). Thanks in advance!

Saddle height - 719mm
Frame stack - 514mm (too small)
Handlebar reach - 497mm
Grip reach - 773mm

Looking at the charts, You are probably looking at a small or a medium. One thing to note is our pad measurement is from the center where most are from the back, in this case it would make your fit on the two frames as follows...

If you went for a small, the following would match best:
  • High-Far stem
  • WITH a 25mm mono spacer
  • AND a long 15mm offset seat post
If you went for a medium, the following would match
  • Medium-Near stem OR Medium-Far stem
  • WITH a 25mm mono spacer OR 35mm mono spacer
  • AND a long 15mm offset seatpost

In the end, the medium should be the best fit giving you the most room to adjust it if you ever changed your fit. The small would be limiting and the High stem wouldn't be as visually appealing.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Feb 22, 19 12:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2018 p1 SC. I really like new ICON 2019 paint colors. Take my money and paint it :). Will you have this kind of services in a future for Trek bikes which have been already purchased?
Also can you also give advise on Speed concept fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
I have 2018 p1 SC. I really like new ICON 2019 paint colors. Take my money and paint it :). Will you have this kind of services in a future for Trek bikes which have been already purchased?
Also can you also give advise on Speed concept fit?

Very nice and I agree, the ICON paint it HOT! We arn't able to repaint past bikes though, just new purchases - the P1 team is very busy!

As for fit advice, I'm not a professional fitter so I will always suggest stopping by your local Precision Fit Studio. But that being said, I've never backed down from a challenge. If you have fit numbers already, that is the best place for me to help from. But let's keep that stuff to my inbox or the Speed Concept forum!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for that. I know paint codes may be “secret” but why not supply those? Anyway appreciate you being here. You’re gonna enjoy this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good question. Most cars have theirs on the door sill sticker.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Nazgul350r] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Thanks for that. I know paint codes may be “secret” but why not supply those? Anyway appreciate you being here. You’re gonna enjoy this forum.

Nazgul350r wrote:
Good question. Most cars have theirs on the door sill sticker.

So since the paint is custom made at our facility, there wouldn't be a universal code. The closest thing we could share is a Pantone code. If you're not familiar with those, they only provide you with a base/general color to modify from. Still helpful for some paint shops though. Just ask me or anyone on the Customer Service team and we can provide it! The ICON paints do not have a Pantone however.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Feb 22, 19 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch

Great to have you here. Recently I noticed that my 1 year old SC has developed a gap in between the headtube/stem. I took apart the cockpit and ensured all bolts are torqued to spec. Have you seen this before?

Toro Performance
Last edited by: jlentzke: Feb 22, 19 16:27
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [jlentzke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jlentzke wrote:
Hey Mitch

Great to have you here. Recently I noticed that my 1 year old SC has developed a gap in between the headtube/stem. I took apart the cockpit and ensured all bolts are torqued to spec. Have you seen this before?

Maybe it's the photo, but it looks like a small gap at the top of the fork? I'd make sure your steer tube is properly seated and the stem is sitting at the top of the upper bearing assembly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I own the xxx 6 wheels. Do you have any testing on what tire is the fastest on there? (do not day bontragger😭) You’ll be glad to know I’m riding Bontragger tires but I’m sure they don’t test the fastest.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
I own the xxx 6 wheels. Do you have any testing on what tire is the fastest on there? (do not day bontragger😭) You’ll be glad to know I’m riding Bontragger tires but I’m sure they don’t test the fastest.

Well... we test with 28mm Bontrager tires, so in a sense they are the fastest that we can genuinely say from what we used. But it is the 28mm width that makes the best aero profile with the wheel itself (aka less drag). We ran R4s in testing which are quite nice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch:

I got my Trek road bike in 1976 and still have it. Can you give a one-sentence summary of what's new since then?

(btw, this is true, I did get my Trek in 1976 and still ride it)
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Men's pro race only at IMWI this year so I don't think we'll see Corbin.

I'll throw some names in the hat once I see the start list in September Thomas.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [HardlyTrying] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HardlyTrying wrote:
Hey Mitch:

I got my Trek road bike in 1976 and still have it. Can you give a one-sentence summary of what's new since then?

(btw, this is true, I did get my Trek in 1976 and still ride it)

Nice!!

To give a summary in one line, that's tough! There are a lot of things that have changed since the cycling industry is like a revolving door with new ideas being pushed through every year.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timtek wrote:
Men's pro race only at IMWI this year so I don't think we'll see Corbin.

I'll throw some names in the hat once I see the start list in September Thomas.

Ah, didn't see that, bummer! I'm curious to see who will be in the 2019 race, hard to pick the top athletes when we have no list yet ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are saying that the R4 28mm tire tests the fastest? Or a smaller timer that measures out to 28mm once it is installed? A 28mm tire would be way of of the ordinary.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
You are saying that the R4 28mm tire tests the fastest? Or a smaller timer that measures out to 28mm once it is installed? A 28mm tire would be way of of the ordinary.

It would be what we tested with our XXX wheels. If you are looking for a fast aero profile, the 28mm tires would be suggested with that wheel setup.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is Trek going to open up the custom paint options on their CX lines (Boone/Crockett)? Or for that matter, broaden the program in general to lower trim level bikes. Seems like it has been a very popular offering. The stock paint schemes are really holding them back (at least they are keeping me at bay with regard to the Boone/Crockett!).

"It's good enough for who it's for" - Grandpa Wayne
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [flynnzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
flynnzu wrote:
Is Trek going to open up the custom paint options on their CX lines (Boone/Crockett)? Or for that matter, broaden the program in general to lower trim level bikes. Seems like it has been a very popular offering. The stock paint schemes are really holding them back (at least they are keeping me at bay with regard to the Boone/Crockett!).

No details available on that for which I can share. But we'd love to offer all of our bikes, we're just limited by capacity!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Welcome Mitchell! I just wanted to say it's nice to see some HQ folks on here (like Damon from Cervelo was years ago). As for your Trek products, while innovation and advanced quality increased heavily during the Armstrong years--I've really come respect Trek as one of the current top manufacturers in the last few years.

The sleek, aero & well thought out bikes put out by Trek...yeah, I'd consider them a top 5 choice for my next bike (in a little over a year from now). I'd say the makers of sleek, aero/clean, well priced bikes, that can be torn down easily with an allen wrench when traveling (not needing a mechanic to build it back up again), is eventually going to win out over the other guys. I've seen a lot of "brake issues" from posters who have trouble with the assembly when traveling. So the company that figures all the above out & stays with advancements will get the lion's share of the biz.

As we saw with Kuoata years ago, they faded out. Disc brakes are here to stay & if Trek stays the course, they're going to have some good times ahead. Welcome!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Timtek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I stand corrected. But I'm still not going to make any predictions until Sept. : D

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply

Prev Next