Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
Hi Mitch. Thanks for coming over to the dark side of online forums. Slowtwitch will prob end up being 1 persons full time job lol

Anyway as a Trek fanboy and 2x SC owner I would love to see all P1 bikes come with the draft box painted to match. It just ends up looking tacky IMO. Maybe even go so far as the base bar and extensions.

MY 2nd gripe is to make the P1 paint available to do touch ups. As a matter of fact all paint. It would be really nice to be able to fix chips.

Thanks for listening

Thanks for the feedback!

We actually tried to paint these in the past but just kept running into quality issues with how the paint would hold to the draft box. It wouldn't last through our testing so the option was halted. For touch up paint, we can always get you a base paint code which helps to create your own matching paint - our paint has short shelf life since we mix it in house and try to be environmentally friendly.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, quick question. Back in the road bike market after a long time. Have 2009 Scott cr1pro, size 56, that have been riding for a decade, very good fit. Have chance to buy 2021 emonda pro, size 56. Thoughts on that transition fit wise, and think it may work. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [tlc13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tlc13 wrote:
Hey Mitch, quick question. Back in the road bike market after a long time. Have 2009 Scott cr1pro, size 56, that have been riding for a decade, very good fit. Have chance to buy 2021 emonda pro, size 56. Thoughts on that transition fit wise, and think it may work. Thanks

I found a geometry listed for the 09 CR1 and comparing it to the 21 Emonda, you'll be fine with a 56cm frame as the stack and reach measurements are fairly similar and only off by small increments!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ended up buying the madone. Love it, great bike.

Question, will the madone slr stem fit on the sl?
Do the handlebars need to be swapped also?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mitch! Good info.
My LBS is looking for one for me. Seems the forks may be scarce. Know of any in the pipeline?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Onion bhaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Onion bhaji wrote:
Ended up buying the madone. Love it, great bike.

Question, will the madone slr stem fit on the sl?
Do the handlebars need to be swapped also?

Thanks

Glad you're loving it! The Madone SLR stem would fit on the SL if it is a 2020/2021 model but you would need to use the Madone SLR handlebars as well.

Your dealer would also want to make sure to have the spacers ordered if you need additional ones for your fit.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Flyingshim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flyingshim wrote:
Thanks Mitch! Good info.
My LBS is looking for one for me. Seems the forks may be scarce. Know of any in the pipeline?

You're welcome! If your dealer is US based, we have all sizes in stock at the time of this message. They would be available in our Wisconsin warehouse only out of of other US warehouses.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Aug 31, 20 10:00
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mitch, I have a Madone 9 (well and a SC but this is about the Madone!). The first one to have the front end integration with the flaps up front on head tube to accommodate the integrated cabling. It came stock with 100mm stem length on the one piece bars. I love the fit of the bars but as I get older I am wanting to stretch to a 110mm stem.

I was looking at the Aeolus RSL VR-C bar. Will that work for the cable integration? if not what are my options for 110mm stem setup?

Second, a larger Q: my seat post keeps slipping. We have used the carbon stick lube stuff (don't actually know what its called but it works for most part) from my LBS Trek dealer but the frame now after 3 years has damage from the seat dropping. I am not sure if this is a warranty issue or something TREK has witnessed in past but I worry with it being carbon, and still occurring periodically is not as wanted in design. I can send DM photos.

@rhyspencer
Last edited by: rhys: Aug 31, 20 10:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

I am not a Speed Concept owner but I do have a question as a potential Madone SLR-9 Owner.

As you know, the DI2 version of the SLR-9 - the current/next-year one with the T-47 Bottom Bracket -- can optionally come with Shimano's DA 9100 Power-Meter crank.

But can a DA9100 crank with Pioneer Power meter fit on the SLR-9? Is there enough clearance? Eyeballing it, it looks like Pioneer's non-drive-side crank arm "pod" is a little thicker than Shimano's.

I don't expect you to know this but I figured I'd ask.

-Joe
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
mitch, I have a Madone 9 (well and a SC but this is about the Madone!). The first one to have the front end integration with the flaps up front on head tube to accommodate the integrated cabling. It came stock with 100mm stem length on the one piece bars. I love the fit of the bars but as I get older I am wanting to stretch to a 110mm stem.

I was looking at the Aeolus RSL VR-C bar. Will that work for the cable integration? if not what are my options for 110mm stem setup?

Second, a larger Q: my seat post keeps slipping. We have used the carbon stick lube stuff (don't actually know what its called but it works for most part) from my LBS Trek dealer but the frame now after 3 years has damage from the seat dropping. I am not sure if this is a warranty issue or something TREK has witnessed in past but I worry with it being carbon, and still occurring periodically is not as wanted in design. I can send DM photos.

Great bike, the 5th generation of the Madone was a game changer! In theory, you can run the RSL bar, but it would require you to change the spacer integration so I would actually suggest just changing the current Madone bar/stem combo on your bike to another one of the same design, but with 110mm of stem length. Your local dealer would be able to get that on order for you!

As for your seatpost, the carbon paste is the way to go. Park Tool offers this and calls it the SAC-2 Supergrip. Other than using that, I don't see any notes about slippage but you can have your dealer submit a claim to us if they would like a second opinion straight from the tech team.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JoeO wrote:
Hey Mitch,

I am not a Speed Concept owner but I do have a question as a potential Madone SLR-9 Owner.

As you know, the DI2 version of the SLR-9 - the current/next-year one with the T-47 Bottom Bracket -- can optionally come with Shimano's DA 9100 Power-Meter crank.

But can a DA9100 crank with Pioneer Power meter fit on the SLR-9? Is there enough clearance? Eyeballing it, it looks like Pioneer's non-drive-side crank arm "pod" is a little thicker than Shimano's.

I don't expect you to know this but I figured I'd ask.

-Joe

The Pioneer option would not fit at least when it comes to our ISO clearance standard with the chainstay. It would require the use of spacers which are beyond the tolerances that Shimano suggests, so I would avoid the Pioneer option and stick with a 9100 Power Meter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

One of your competitors (who shall remain unnamed) apparently has issues with its tubeless wheels literally blowing up. Apparently, this is due to air getting into the rim itself.

What precautions should one take when using the Aeolus wheels as tubeless?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
The Pioneer option would not fit at least when it comes to our ISO clearance standard with the chainstay. It would require the use of spacers which are beyond the tolerances that Shimano suggests, so I would avoid the Pioneer option and stick with a 9100 Power Meter.

Thank you for the reply. Shimano it is then. I can live with that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, I recently bought a Trek Domane SL 7. I love it but there's a fair degree of squeaking coming from the seat post area. It's really loud when
I start my ride but seems to lessen during the ride. I know it's not anything that's a big deal but I'm wondering if it's possibly because of the
"IsoSpeed"?

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
Hi Mitch,

One of your competitors (who shall remain unnamed) apparently has issues with its tubeless wheels literally blowing up. Apparently, this is due to air getting into the rim itself.

Thanks

Yikes, that is a bad problem to have... I'm glad our engineers at least have the tubeless system designed well! With our wheels, you want to use the specific TLR rim strip that is called out for that wheel model. If you are ordering a new set of Aeolus wheels, they would come with these in the box and are a molded plastic strip that perform 3 actions; cover the spoke holes, seal the rim, and properly push the tire bead to the rim hook.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
Mitch, I recently bought a Trek Domane SL 7. I love it but there's a fair degree of squeaking coming from the seat post area. It's really loud when
I start my ride but seems to lessen during the ride. I know it's not anything that's a big deal but I'm wondering if it's possibly because of the
"IsoSpeed"?

Squeaks and creaks, the most annoying sounds on any bike. While it could be the IsoSpeed, it could be something else. I would start by just making sure the bolts are torqued to spec around the bike. Greasing items also helps, like pedal threads or bearings. It's just a big guessing game until your process of elimination ticks the right checkbox. Feel free to keep me in the loop as you work through the bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Understood; thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Would you happen to know if there are any medium X-Caliber 9 or ProCaliber 9.6/9.5 anywhere? My LBS is saying anywhere up to May 2021 to order. Thanks

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Would you happen to know if there are any medium X-Caliber 9 or ProCaliber 9.6/9.5 anywhere? My LBS is saying anywhere up to May 2021 to order. Thanks

There is a handful of each model around the USA! If you go on our website, you can see a listing of each reported location on each bike's product page. Just select the color and size for it to pull that information up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
ironclm wrote:
Hi Mitch,

There is a handful of each model around the USA! If you go on our website, you can see a listing of each reported location on each bike's product page. Just select the color and size for it to pull that information up.

Thanks!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
echappist wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks

Yikes, that is a bad problem to have... I'm glad our engineers at least have the tubeless system designed well! With our wheels, you want to use the specific TLR rim strip that is called out for that wheel model. If you are ordering a new set of Aeolus wheels, they would come with these in the box and are a molded plastic strip that perform 3 actions; cover the spoke holes, seal the rim, and properly push the tire bead to the rim hook.

So, for trek TLR wheels, no tape is needed to seal? Just the TLR rim strip?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [fat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fat wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
echappist wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks

So, for trek TLR wheels, no tape is needed to seal? Just the TLR rim strip?

Correct! It replaces standard rim tape and the need for tubeless tape by being specifically molded for each wheel.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch!

I recently picked up a set of Aeolus 5 D3 TLR rim brake wheels. Love them except they feel a bit soft when cornering, like they are wanting to drift wide vs the aluminum hoops I'm coming from. Same rubber, same pressure. I'm thinking the spoke tension may be on the lower end of acceptable range? Can you advise the proper specs: front, rear DS, rear NDS.

THANKS!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Tyrell] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyrell wrote:
Hi Mitch!

I recently picked up a set of Aeolus 5 D3 TLR rim brake wheels. Love them except they feel a bit soft when cornering, like they are wanting to drift wide vs the aluminum hoops I'm coming from. Same rubber, same pressure. I'm thinking the spoke tension may be on the lower end of acceptable range? Can you advise the proper specs: front, rear DS, rear NDS.

THANKS!

Front: 220 lbs min, 290 lbs max OR 99.8 kgf min, 131.5 kgf max

Rear DS: 253 lbs min, 340 lbs max OR 114.8 kgf min, 154.2 kgf max
Rear NDS: 100 lbs min, 122 lbs max OR 45.4 kgf min, 55.3 kgf max

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Sep 10, 20 9:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Tyrell wrote:
Hi Mitch!

THANKS!

Front DS: 153 lbs min OR 69.4 kgf
Front NDS: 253 lbs min, 340 lbs max OR 114.8 kgf min, 154.2 kgf max

Rear DS: 253 lbs min, 340 lbs max OR 114.8 kgf min, 154.2 kgf max
Rear NDS: 153 lbs min OR 69.4 kgf

Thanks for the quick reply, Mitch! Front DS/NDS having different specs sounds like these are for disc brake wheels though. Which figures should I use for rim brake?
Quote Reply

Prev Next