Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It is may not be relevant to fit, but it is totally relevant to how the bike will look- I am trying to get a bead on how "big" the bike is.
Yes- It will work in terms of trying to achieve my saddle height- But the margin is not huge.
I am trying to decide if a 56cm will be big and funky looking for me or if it will look proportional.
I buy my bikes at least partially based on looks.
I feel like I am between sizes- A 54cm is too small. I want to figure out if a 56cm is too big. I don't really want to make a trip to a bike shop if I can avoid it.

Isn't there a mark on the seat tube where the minimum insertion point is?
Last edited by: bootsie_cat: Jun 19, 20 18:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

I recently came into possession of a new to me Madone 9 RSL. The frame is immaculate unfortunately and while it came with most of the spare parts, I am missing a small plastic piece under the bottom bracket and some Di2 grommets. Confirming I will be running the frame with Di2.

Is there a Di2 Conversion Kit available for this frame? I wasn't able to find such a thing online, though it appears one exists for the earlier Madones.

It seems I need the bag of frame hardware shown in this video (jump to 4:27) from Youtube:

Would appreciate any part numbers you could send my way. Thank you.
Last edited by: brianwchan: Jun 20, 20 21:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Regarding the front end on a 2021 Emonda. It appears that there are 2 pieces that are integral to the to the headset/stem/bearing cover (not including the stack spacers.
1.) Are these items not included in the stack meaurement?
2.) What is the total height of these two neccessary pieces?

I am trying to guage front end height before I purchase and I don't want to mis-calcualate my needs.

And to narrow down my fit- I am 5'10 (about 179cm), my saddle height is 72.5cm, saddle setback is about 10cm (short Specialized Power saddle) and the measurement from my bb to saddle rails is about 68.5cm.

Here is a screen shot showing:
1.) Bottom cover
2.) spacers (Is this 2x5mm of spacers?- back part of spacers is hidden)
3.) top piece

Last edited by: bootsie_cat: Jun 21, 20 9:20
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
Hey Mitch,

I recently came into possession of a new to me Madone 9 RSL. The frame is immaculate unfortunately and while it came with most of the spare parts, I am missing a small plastic piece under the bottom bracket and some Di2 grommets. Confirming I will be running the frame with Di2.

Is there a Di2 Conversion Kit available for this frame? I wasn't able to find such a thing online, though it appears one exists for the earlier Madones.

It seems I need the bag of frame hardware shown in this video (jump to 4:27) from Youtube:

Would appreciate any part numbers you could send my way. Thank you.

Shoot me direct message with your email and we can look over what parts you are missing or I can issue you a copy of the frame diagram which will list the complete parts you'd need for running Di2 properly throughout the frame.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Regarding the front end on a 2021 Emonda. It appears that there are 2 pieces that are integral to the to the headset/stem/bearing cover (not including the stack spacers.
1.) Are these items not included in the stack meaurement?
2.) What is the total height of these two neccessary pieces?

I am trying to guage front end height before I purchase and I don't want to mis-calcualate my needs.

And to narrow down my fit- I am 5'10 (about 179cm), my saddle height is 72.5cm, saddle setback is about 10cm (short Specialized Power saddle) and the measurement from my bb to saddle rails is about 68.5cm.

Here is a screen shot showing:
1.) Bottom cover
2.) spacers (Is this 2x5mm of spacers?- back part of spacers is hidden)
3.) top piece

The Stack will be from the BB to the top of the head tube (which is above the first painted cover).

We supply the Emonda SLR in a 56cm with two 5mm spacers (seen in the photo) and two 15mm spacers (not seen in the photo). The bearing cover is generally ~5mm tall. Now the photo you are seeing is tailored to someone's fit already. But with your measurements, you'd benefit from the 56cm frame with the short seatmast height (which is what comes on the 56cm frame) which puts the rails at 70.5cm at the highest setting.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, Thanks for your attention on this.
I was having a hard time finding out if the painted cap was part of the stack measurement.
Given that, I would certainly need a 56cm. A 54cm would require more of a spacer stack than I desire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will there be disc brake TT bikes available?

My TT bike is completely outdated, but I'll not spend a single buck before good options (that doesn't break the bank) with disc brakes, the only options I see in the market so far are the Quintana Roo PR4 disc and the Cervelo P3 disc which are awesome, but I'm still waiting for the industry to catch up on the TT bikes side. What's the reason for so much delay in this segment?

My main reason for disc brake preference is purely due to reduce inventory on wheelsets + time saving when swapping wheels over my n+1 bikes, not to mention increased breaking power, specially when dealing with carbon wheels on rainy days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks so much Mitch - email sent.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [LucasScridelli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LucasScridelli wrote:
When will there be disc brake TT bikes available?

My TT bike is completely outdated, but I'll not spend a single buck before good options (that doesn't break the bank) with disc brakes, the only options I see in the market so far are the Quintana Roo PR4 disc and the Cervelo P3 disc which are awesome, but I'm still waiting for the industry to catch up on the TT bikes side. What's the reason for so much delay in this segment?

My main reason for disc brake preference is purely due to reduce inventory on wheelsets + time saving when swapping wheels over my n+1 bikes, not to mention increased breaking power, specially when dealing with carbon wheels on rainy days.

A common question I've been asked about for a while now, unfortunately the answer is still unknown.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am absolutely agonising over choosing a new Canyon Ultimate (disc 105) Or a demo Trek madone SL7 (disc, DI2, carbon wheels). The trek is nearly twice the price and has two paint chips in the fork from over steering (seems to happen quite often).

I ordered the canyon a while back and have been waiting on delivery and would be very happy with it. I went in to the local trek shop to check out the new emonda and seen the madone which I fell in love with. I rode it briefly around the shop and it felt amazing.

Normally I would not have considered the trek but have a few extra dollars in savings but it would blow a big hole in them.

Not really relevant but I also own a SC. Have also got an Ironman coming up in next few months hopefully.

Which should I get?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Onion bhaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As someone who just got an emonda, I say go trek 100%. I also own my second speed concept and I have only ever experienced fantastic customer service from Trek, the local dealers, and Carl and Mitch on the forums... It's a not brainer, to me.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Onion bhaji] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know where I vote on this, ha!

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck on that demo, especially since road demos only see light use. And Di2 over 105 any day!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a heads up folks, I'll be unplugged for 2 weeks on a vacation starting July 1st.

If you really need help, please give our customer care team a call at 1 (800) 585-8735. If it isn't urgent, just leave me a private message here or on social media and I'll get to you upon my return.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
You know where I vote on this, ha!

You'll get a lot more bang for your buck on that demo, especially since road demos only see light use. And Di2 over 105 any day!

As someone who just upgraded after 7 years, i cannot stress this enough. My speed concept came with Dura-Ace di2, and it's quite possibly the greatest thing since sliced bread. It's effortless to stay in aero and shift accordingly to account for rolling courses... Before, I wouldn't optimize cadence for a short little roller, but now it's a breeze to shift up one or two cogs and stay locked in. Seriously, electronic shifting is a game changer. Plus, once it's dialed in, it's perfect shifting every time.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking at swapping a 2017SC XL fork (w/ integrated cockpit) to my 2014 SC Med frame and keep it non-integrated.
Are the front fork sizes the same for Gen2 SC's Medium frames to XL?
Can the Gen2 SCs be set up as integrated or non-integrated?
Thanks Mitch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, seriously looking into getting a madone slr6 , 2021 model, i like to add, during triathlon seasson some clip on aerobars, what are my options ?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch

Potentially rounded out the pad adjustment bolt on my Madone 9. Looking for this:

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/...lt-kit-p17728/s53037

but am unable to find a us based online retailer that carries the item. Any ideas? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

I'm having trouble understand the Speed Concept stem measurements. On an XL Speed Concept how could I get 693 473 as my arm pad stack and reach.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch!

I was changing a flat the other day and when I was putting my rear wheel back on a piece of the brake cover snapped off. I must have had a very unfortunate angle that rubbed it an awkward way. I can’t seem to tell what this piece is, or if I should be concerned. It’s like a cover on the cover. I attached some photos. Just want to see if it’s something to be concerned about.

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/cllTknU
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Flyingshim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Flyingshim wrote:
Looking at swapping a 2017SC XL fork (w/ integrated cockpit) to my 2014 SC Med frame and keep it non-integrated.
Are the front fork sizes the same for Gen2 SC's Medium frames to XL?
Can the Gen2 SCs be set up as integrated or non-integrated?
Thanks Mitch!

Sorry, Slowtwitch notification emails were not being sent out for me from this thread for some reason! So here I am on your comment a month later, uuff!

Forks use different steerer lengths, but they have the same axle to crown and rake. You can remove the steerer (steerer axle) and move it to another fork though! And Gen2s can be set up in either cockpit configuration.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Aug 24, 20 9:34
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Grateful def] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Grateful def wrote:
Hi Mitch, seriously looking into getting a madone slr6 , 2021 model, i like to add, during triathlon seasson some clip on aerobars, what are my options ?
Thanks

For the Madone SLR, there are no clip-on aero bars that we know of that can fit the bars. However, you can convert your SLR to a SLR Speed by just ordering the cockpit parts we equip on that model. It essentially replaced the faceplate/top plate of the stem and handlebar combo with one that has a mount for our Mono Extensions. It's pretty slick! Let me know if you need details on the part numbers.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [brianwchan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
brianwchan wrote:
Hey Mitch

Potentially rounded out the pad adjustment bolt on my Madone 9. Looking for this:

https://www.tritoncycles.co.uk/...lt-kit-p17728/s53037

but am unable to find a us based online retailer that carries the item. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hard to find online so I would jsut suggest having your LBS place one on a special order. We have these in stock at our WI warehouse in the US.

Part number 527895

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [jaelinfunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaelinfunk wrote:
Hey Mitch,

I'm having trouble understand the Speed Concept stem measurements. On an XL Speed Concept how could I get 693 473 as my arm pad stack and reach.

Send me a DM. This is an easy one to figure out but I have a few questions about your current setup.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [NickJO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NickJO wrote:
Hey Mitch!

I was changing a flat the other day and when I was putting my rear wheel back on a piece of the brake cover snapped off. I must have had a very unfortunate angle that rubbed it an awkward way. I can’t seem to tell what this piece is, or if I should be concerned. It’s like a cover on the cover. I attached some photos. Just want to see if it’s something to be concerned about.

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/cllTknU

Nothing crucial! If you plan to run Di2 it is a cover for the battery bracket holes which you'd remove, but drop me a DM and I'll help you with a replacement if you need one.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Aug 24, 20 9:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Mitch.
Quote Reply

Prev Next