Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch, two questions:

Air travel caused my rear brake cover on my 2013 7-series speed concept to crack. I'm looking for a replacement... Anywhere I can snag one?

Also, I know it voids the warranty (if it would even apply to a 2013), but I'll likely be taking my speed concept to be painted. Is there a way I can get a hold of factory replacement decals?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Mitch, two questions:

Air travel caused my rear brake cover on my 2013 7-series speed concept to crack. I'm looking for a replacement... Anywhere I can snag one?

Also, I know it voids the warranty (if it would even apply to a 2013), but I'll likely be taking my speed concept to be painted. Is there a way I can get a hold of factory replacement decals?

We offer neutral painted brake covers still which your LBS can order using part number W306644.

As for painting the frame, it does void your lifetime warranty and unfortunately we cannot sell our factory decals.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Which SCICON bag do you use on the Speed Concept? I have a large.

Does the AEROTECH EVOLUTION X TSA BIKE TRAVEL CASE (hard case) work with the SC 9.9 large?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Mitch,

Which SCICON bag do you use on the Speed Concept? I have a large.

Does the AEROTECH EVOLUTION X TSA BIKE TRAVEL CASE (hard case) work with the SC 9.9 large?

Thanks

My s/o currently uses that same case with her medium SC. One thing we found to be a pain was weight though. That case is heavy so with the SC in it, it hits over 50lbs causing you to have to pay the oversized check bag fee instead of the cheap standard fee (if your airline of choice is supporting cheap bike transport). If you don't care about the weight, it is an awesome case and really well built.

If you want to keep the weight down, I'd suggest the Aerocomfort Triathlon 3.0 bag which also works well and I'm 95% sure that is what the current athletes are using. I know our Segafredo teams use the Aerocomfort Road 3.0 bag (which I also used on a recent trip from Madison, WI to Miami, FL for an Emonda SLR).

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe have a automotive detailler place do a wrap on it instead? New color, protects the frame AND keeps the warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have another bike case question. The Evoc Road Bike Bag Pro accepts bikes with maximum wheel base of 106 cm, cockpit width of 50 cm, and saddle height of 86 cm. I don’t expect you to know my saddle height, but would a large SC comply with the other measurements?

My bike is being shipped right now, so I can’t do it myself. I’m looking to take adavantage of a sale that ends tomorrow.

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch
I have new Madone and put your TT bar set up on it -all very neat and clean except the arm rests seem very high. The mounting unit for pads is about a straight bar-do you make one that droops over the sides of the stem making pads much lower? I already have the longest lowest stem you offer. Picturing sort of an "n" with pad feet sticking out off both legs? "n" goes over stem and pads are on extensions out from both legs. Sorry tough to describe-hope you get the idea?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Mitch,

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but I have another bike case question. The Evoc Road Bike Bag Pro accepts bikes with maximum wheel base of 106 cm, cockpit width of 50 cm, and saddle height of 86 cm. I don’t expect you to know my saddle height, but would a large SC comply with the other measurements?

My bike is being shipped right now, so I can’t do it myself. I’m looking to take adavantage of a sale that ends tomorrow.

Thanks

You shouldn't have trouble fitting a large SC in that bag. The wheelbase on a large frame is 101 cm and the width of your base bar is 42 cm.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old man wrote:
Mitch
I have new Madone and put your TT bar set up on it -all very neat and clean except the arm rests seem very high. The mounting unit for pads is about a straight bar-do you make one that droops over the sides of the stem making pads much lower? I already have the longest lowest stem you offer. Picturing sort of an "n" with pad feet sticking out off both legs? "n" goes over stem and pads are on extensions out from both legs. Sorry tough to describe-hope you get the idea?

We wouldn't have a lower pad holder, but you should check that your fit is correct if you haven't worked with a fitter yet. Ideally, you'll want to hold a 90 degree bend in your elbows and torso to arms. Pads are normally high though - take a look at most Speed Concepts to get a good idea how they sit as well!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I have a new Madone SL6 Disc. What is the most aero aftermarket stem that you can put on that bike ? I have seen a Madone SL6 with a Zipp SL Sprint stem and it looks nice.

What is the real max tire clearance ? I have heard 30mm, 32mm and 35mm...

Thanks,
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [old man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey Mitch,

hey I ride a Madone9 and Speed Concept2.0 purchased from The Bike Barn here in Penticton. I also ride a Superfly MTB. Want to send me an EPS Trek logo for our custom kit? Would proudly add onto kit in runup to IMC-Penticton 2020.

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [baerospeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baerospeed wrote:
Hi Mitch,

I have a new Madone SL6 Disc. What is the most aero aftermarket stem that you can put on that bike ? I have seen a Madone SL6 with a Zipp SL Sprint stem and it looks nice.

Thanks,

The most aerodynamic option would actually be our integrated option like what we offer on the Madone SLR. It would be a bar/stem combination. Other than that, the choice would be yours. For max tire size, it would be 28mm. Sounds like someone may have been blowing smoke or reading the wrong bike specs to you... The Domane can run up to a 35mm though!

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [rhys] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rhys wrote:
hey Mitch,

hey I ride a Madone9 and Speed Concept2.0 purchased from The Bike Barn here in Penticton. I also ride a Superfly MTB. Want to send me an EPS Trek logo for our custom kit? Would proudly add onto kit in runup to IMC-Penticton 2020.

Would love to, but unfortunately that's not something we can give out!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok!

@rhyspencer
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In this forum someone said that it was a team using a Madone as a gravel bike with 35mm tires doing Dirty Kanza and other gravel races and then I found the following pictures on internet. A Madone with a Panaracer Gravelking 32mm tire:

Mitch@Trek wrote:
baerospeed wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Thanks,

The most aerodynamic option would actually be our integrated option like what we offer on the Madone SLR. It would be a bar/stem combination. Other than that, the choice would be yours. For max tire size, it would be 28mm. Sounds like someone may have been blowing smoke or reading the wrong bike specs to you... The Domane can run up to a 35mm though!
Last edited by: baerospeed: Dec 6, 19 15:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Good afternoon SlowTwitch users!

After lurking on the forum for a bit, I wanted to officially introduce myself. My name is Mitchell and I am the new Community Manager for Trek Bikes! If you have ever sent a message to us recently through our social media channels and gotten a response, that was me on the other end!

A little about me:
I was born in Canada, lived in Pennsylvania and then moved to Wisconsin where I now work at Trek! I've been hooked on cycling ever since my first real bike, a 2001 Trek Vert 1! It wasn't the fanciest bike, but that BMX bike got me into the sport. Now I ride both mountain and road bikes! Also, I often travel to watch family at friends at triathlons, so maybe you'll see some guy wearing a bunch of Trek branded clothing not on a bike, because that could be me! I'll be at Barrelman in Canada, Miami Man, and Ironman Wisconsin this year.

I hope to be a helpful asset for you all here on the forum and specifically within the Official Speed Concept Owners Thread with those bike questions!

Happy cycling!

Mitchell

https://forum.slowtwitch.com/...;;page=unread#unread
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Hiphophopper] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for suggestion and the link-I ordered one to try it out!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:

After lurking on the forum for a bit, I wanted to officially introduce myself. My name is Mitchell and I am the new Community Manager for Trek Bikes! If you have ever sent a message to us recently through our social media channels and gotten a response, that was me on the other end!

A little about me:
I was born in Canada, lived in Pennsylvania and then moved to Wisconsin where I now work at Trek! I've been hooked on cycling ever since my first real bike, a 2001 Trek Vert 1! It wasn't the fanciest bike, but that BMX bike got me into the sport. Now I ride both mountain and road bikes! Also, I often travel to watch family at friends at triathlons, so maybe you'll see some guy wearing a bunch of Trek branded clothing not on a bike, because that could be me! I'll be at Barrelman in Canada, Miami Man, and Ironman Wisconsin this year.

I hope to be a helpful asset for you all here on the forum and specifically within the Official Speed Concept Owners Thread with those bike questions!

Happy cycling!

Mitchell

The OP and I have been in contact since his original post. Thanks for sharing

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What is the difference between the Mono Long and Mono Short extensions in a Speed Concept? Is it the length of reach (long vs short)? Length of the bend (where the shifters are)?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Pmswanepoel wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:

A little about me:

Happy cycling!

Mitchell

No prob. What was the outcome?

The OP and I have been in contact since his original post. Thanks for sharing
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [meanred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
meanred wrote:
What is the difference between the Mono Long and Mono Short extensions in a Speed Concept? Is it the length of reach (long vs short)? Length of the bend (where the shifters are)?

The difference would be in the reach from the back of the extension to the start of the bend.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Pmswanepoel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll leave that up for him to share!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Again, a request for another part number:

I was putting the front end of my 2013 SC back together and I noticed a broken (what I've come to learn is called a "caged bearing" or a "retaining bearing"). I've been looking for a diagram to locate the part number, but I can't find the part referenced anywhere... Any idea?

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Mitch,

Again, a request for another part number:

I was putting the front end of my 2013 SC back together and I noticed a broken (what I've come to learn is called a "caged bearing" or a "retaining bearing"). I've been looking for a diagram to locate the part number, but I can't find the part referenced anywhere... Any idea?

Where on the front end was it located? If you can upload a pic, I can try to navigate what part it is exactly.

Quote Reply

Prev Next