Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Ken] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bingo! I actually have some of the Bontrager Teflon cables when we used to make those. We now have the Pro which is similar to the Dura-Ace. Those Dura-Ace cables are really nice though and would be a nice addition.

You should get your shop to order you another guide as well if it ever breaks since they are inexpensive. But that cable should help!

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
Mitch,

Is there any difference between the different Aeolus saddles other than the rail material and shape? Are the shell material and padding level and density the same for all?

They all share the same shape and top material. The Comp and Elite have the same shell but different rails; steel for the Comp and austenite for the Elite. The Pro gets a carbon-reinforced shell and the oversized carbon rails.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:
Mitch,

Is there any difference between the different Aeolus saddles other than the rail material and shape? Are the shell material and padding level and density the same for all?

They all share the same shape and top material. The Comp and Elite have the same shell but different rails; steel for the Comp and austenite for the Elite. The Pro gets a carbon-reinforced shell and the oversized carbon rails.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more - would the carbon reinforcement in the Pro make the shell stiffer and more durable, ie less likely to get twisted and sag over time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

One comment and one question.

The cheap saddle that comes on the Speed Concept might be my favorite saddle ever. I am shocked how well it is workign for me. Was not going to even try it, glad I did.

Question: Will there be a fully redisigned Emonda or Madone this year?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
One more - would the carbon reinforcement in the Pro make the shell stiffer and more durable, ie less likely to get twisted and sag over time?

The carbon shell would make it stiffer! Carbon is stronger as well, so you can expect it to be durable.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
Mitch,

One comment and one question.

The cheap saddle that comes on the Speed Concept might be my favorite saddle ever. I am shocked how well it is workign for me. Was not going to even try it, glad I did.

Question: Will there be a fully redisigned Emonda or Madone this year?

The Hilo is a superb saddle! We even offer the Pro carbon version too and a cool rear cage accessory for it.

We do have new 2021 models arriving, but I can't speak about their changes as much as I'd like to.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:

The carbon shell would make it stiffer! Carbon is stronger as well, so you can expect it to be durable.

Thank you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One more please: Is there any difference in the stack height between the Aeolus Elite and Pro saddles? Is the distance between the rails and the shells the same?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bdaghisallo wrote:
One more please: Is there any difference in the stack height between the Aeolus Elite and Pro saddles? Is the distance between the rails and the shells the same?

Thanks.

No difference

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Bdaghisallo wrote:

Thanks.

No difference

thanks again.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
Good afternoon SlowTwitch users!

After lurking on the forum for a bit, I wanted to officially introduce myself. My name is Mitchell and I am the new Community Manager for Trek Bikes! If you have ever sent a message to us recently through our social media channels and gotten a response, that was me on the other end!

A little about me:
I was born in Canada, lived in Pennsylvania and then moved to Wisconsin where I now work at Trek! I've been hooked on cycling ever since my first real bike, a 2001 Trek Vert 1! It wasn't the fanciest bike, but that BMX bike got me into the sport. Now I ride both mountain and road bikes! Also, I often travel to watch family at friends at triathlons, so maybe you'll see some guy wearing a bunch of Trek branded clothing not on a bike, because that could be me! I'll be at Barrelman in Canada, Miami Man, and Ironman Wisconsin this year.

I hope to be a helpful asset for you all here on the forum and specifically within the Official Speed Concept Owners Thread with those bike questions!

Happy cycling!

Mitchell

How often does Trek carry sales on Bontrager products? We are looking for the updated version of the 360 mm VR-SF handlebar on my wife's bike (bought from Dreambikes in Madison). Last year, there was a promotion of sorts during TdF, but given that it's not going on at scheduled time, we are wondering if there's anything going on this year.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [echappist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echappist wrote:
How often does Trek carry sales on Bontrager products? We are looking for the updated version of the 360 mm VR-SF handlebar on my wife's bike (bought from Dreambikes in Madison). Last year, there was a promotion of sorts during TdF, but given that it's not going on at scheduled time, we are wondering if there's anything going on this year.

We usually hold sales around the Thanksgiving holiday (that is definitely the best one) and another around March/April which was cancelled this year due to COVID-19.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
understood; thank you
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi again from post-COVID lockdown and normal life in NZ. Hope all you and yours are safe and well. I’m still jonesing on the Supercaliber, and wondering if there’s any chance that the 2021 9.7 will have lockout fitted. It seems a strange omission, and the jump in price to the 9.8 is pretty considerable.

Much as I love my Fuel EX 9.8, it’s probably wasted on me as I’m unlikely ever to really push the bike terrain wise. The N+1 fever is building!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by: mongooseman: Jun 11, 20 17:48
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can also get the isostrut as a separate purchase. Not the most economical, but N option none the less.

For reference, I originally ordered the 9.7 and planned to swap my XX1 AXS group over, but ended up switching to the 9.8. Specifically due to the lockout. That said, the 9.8 components are a significant upgrade to the 9.7 components.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for this - suspect I’ll offload a few other rides to fund the 9.8 before the year is through. Heading into NZ winter’s crappiest phase right now so the trail bike will see me through for a bit!

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,
Can you provide additional information about the new Trek Emonda SLR?

1.) How is the seat tube measured? The diagram shows that the measurement is taken several cm above the top of the top tube.
Is this true in practice?
What is the center to top of top tube on a 56cm 20210 Emonda SLR?

2.) Is the top bearing cover on the new Emonda exactly the same as the bearing top cover on the Madone? Or just similar looking?

Thanks,

John
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Mitch,
Can you provide additional information about the new Trek Emonda SLR?

1.) How is the seat tube measured? The diagram shows that the measurement is taken several cm above the top of the top tube.
Is this true in practice?
What is the center to top of top tube on a 56cm 20210 Emonda SLR?

2.) Is the top bearing cover on the new Emonda exactly the same as the bearing top cover on the Madone? Or just similar looking?

Thanks,

John

Seat tube is measured from the center of the BB to the minimum insertion line of the tube which extends past the stay/top tube intersection. So that is 52.5cm on a 56cm SLR.

The top bearing cover is similar to the Madone, but not the same.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, Thanks for the reply. How far above the top of the toptube is the minimum insertion line on a 56cm?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Mitch, Thanks for the reply. How far above the top of the toptube is the minimum insertion line on a 56cm?

That measurement I don't have handy - it's not something we record

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right- But can you find out?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bootsie_cat wrote:
Right- But can you find out?

What exactly would you need this value for? I ask because the seat tube length is irrelevant to fit. Also, there can be discrepancies in that value since technically the seat tube isn't a straight line from the BB to the tube, we run a virtual line to the mast. Our engineers would have to dive into drawings to get that number anyways, so it isn't easily accessible. I can tell you that the minimum insertion line is 40mm below the top of the seat tube at the least.

When it comes to fit, however, you would want to look at the saddle rail height min/max which is going to be your BB and upwards measurement. I'd be happy to narrow your fit down if that is the direction of your question.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2013 Speed Concept 7 Series -

The rear brake is sticking *slightly* when I engage it rather than "snapping" back. I plan on cleaning it, but want to avoid recabling because I've heard it's a nightmare. The cable itself has been on there for 2 years, but I ride the bike on the trainer 80% of the time, so no brake usage.

I was going to put a few squirts of chain lube in the housing by the bottom bracket and clean the whole assembly with wd-40...

Bad idea?

Also, do you have a part number for the rear brake cover handy? Southwest cracked mine last time I flew with it.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy: Jun 19, 20 15:29
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
2013 Speed Concept 7 Series -

The rear brake is sticking *slightly* when I engage it rather than "snapping" back. I plan on cleaning it, but want to avoid recabling because I've heard it's a nightmare. The cable itself has been on there for 2 years, but I ride the bike on the trainer 80% of the time, so no brake usage.

I was going to put a few squirts of chain lube in the housing by the bottom bracket and clean the whole assembly with wd-40...

Bad idea?

Also, do you have a part number for the rear brake cover handy? Southwest cracked mine last time I flew with it.

Part number W306644 would be what you'd need for a replacement cover at a local Trek dealer!

As for the sticky rear brake, cleaning it is the first step to take, and some lube wouldn't hurt. Beyond that, check the tension of the cable. You may need to increase tension if you have not done so since install. Cables stretch and can slow the return of the brake.

Quote Reply

Prev Next