Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to add to David’s questions:

- what other seatposts are available on the Trek Madone Speed? I am a 62 and need the longer mast post but is that available in zero degrees offset so I can get further forward?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another question Mitch! Does the Madone SLR aero stem and handlebar fit on the Madone SL? I figured it would but wanted to check. Thanks!
Last edited by: bedfordvan: Aug 26, 19 0:18
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [bedfordvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch, a question regarding the Madone SLR rim brake version. As the fork/headtube change quite significantly between the previous version and the current version of the rim brake Madone, is there published data show aero changes between the rim brake versions?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Mitch, a question regarding the Madone SLR rim brake version. As the fork/headtube change quite significantly between the previous version and the current version of the rim brake Madone, is there published data show aero changes between the rim brake versions?

http://trek.scene7.com/...Whitepaper_EN-GB.pdf

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That doesn’t have any drag data for the new rim brake Madone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah... sorry. I thought you were wanting comparison to the original rim brake madone.

I’m not aware of any comparisons anywhere.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've noticed that the new generation of Bontrager tires are adorned with the French tricolor... I've heard myths and legends about the origins of these tires, and I wonder now if they may be true!

I'm noticing a potential catastrophe in the tire lineup, though. The last-gen Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite is a very significant tire, in that it seems to be the only whitewall road clincher out there that that both looks good and performs decently. This is clever, considering that Trek's team colors are brilliant white-on-red, and a gleaming whitewall tire looks excellent on a Trek Factory Racing or Trek-Segafredo red bicycle with white trim.

The new Bontrager R3, with the tricolor decal, is only listed with black sidewalls. I wonder if this is a temporary situation which will be rectified when stock runs out of the old R3, or if good-looking nice-performing whitewall tires will soon vanish into the depths of history.

D:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:

Sorry I missed this. I don't have any public information to share regarding the aero changes between the two rim models. The biggest difference is in the integration and the new IsoSpeed decoupler which changed the frame.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [HTupolev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
HTupolev wrote:
I've noticed that the new generation of Bontrager tires are adorned with the French tricolor... I've heard myths and legends about the origins of these tires, and I wonder now if they may be true!

I'm noticing a potential catastrophe in the tire lineup, though. The last-gen Bontrager R3 Hard-Case Lite is a very significant tire, in that it seems to be the only whitewall road clincher out there that that both looks good and performs decently. This is clever, considering that Trek's team colors are brilliant white-on-red, and a gleaming whitewall tire looks excellent on a Trek Factory Racing or Trek-Segafredo red bicycle with white trim.

The new Bontrager R3, with the tricolor decal, is only listed with black sidewalls. I wonder if this is a temporary situation which will be rectified when stock runs out of the old R3, or if good-looking nice-performing whitewall tires will soon vanish into the depths of history.

D:

You'll likely see the tricolor decal on the reflective sidewall tires once the old stock has been sold to where new stock is in. It would be the exact same tire, just with a little decal on it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, Would it be possible to get a stack of 56.0cm, reach of 51cm with a saddle height of 64cm on a small speed concept?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Just picked up a Checkpoint SL6 on an end of season sale. Looking forward to some nice fall rides.

With the tubeless ready aspect of the Bontrager Paradigm wheels, I was surprised they did not provide me with the specific tubeless stems for the wheels like I got with my Speed Concept that came with TLR wheels. Do you know the correct part numbers for the stems so I can switch those wheels over the tubeless?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it’s this years checkpoint SL6 that comes with the Paradigm Comp disc wheels, you’re correct they do not come setup tubeless. The part numbers for the rim strips and valves are below:

Tubeless rimstrip: W433383
Tubeless valve: W429879

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,

Tell us xterra triathletes that we did the right thing in ordering the supercalibr???

It was frustrating to see the elites ride this rig all year and have ZERO info on it. But I understand now that more R&D and then frame changes were happening. Was it always Treks intention to release a cross country rig just as (the mainly) mountain biking world in the northern hemisphere goes into winter?

Mine is on order already so.. Im hoping I made a good decision

daved

http://www.theundergroundcoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [boostedcvc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was a 2019 checkpoint. I was just surprised as my 2018 speed concept came with all the parts to go tubeless even though it had butyl tubes in when I brought it home.

Ryan
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [joesbr16] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
joesbr16 wrote:
Mitch, Would it be possible to get a stack of 56.0cm, reach of 51cm with a saddle height of 64cm on a small speed concept?

Thanks!

The seat height isn't a problem, but your reach is. You can get a pad stack of 56cm but for your pad reach, 48cm is the furthest you'd get. This would be paired with a Low-Far stem and a 20mm mono spacer stack (15+5).

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [ryans] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ryans wrote:
It was a 2019 checkpoint. I was just surprised as my 2018 speed concept came with all the parts to go tubeless even though it had butyl tubes in when I brought it home.

The part numbers from Boostedcvc are correct so you'll want those.

If you ordered your Speed Concept through P1, the valves are always included which would make sense. But we don't supply these with the Checkpoint since not all are setup tubeless.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
daved wrote:
Hey Mitch,

Tell us xterra triathletes that we did the right thing in ordering the supercalibr???

It was frustrating to see the elites ride this rig all year and have ZERO info on it. But I understand now that more R&D and then frame changes were happening. Was it always Treks intention to release a cross country rig just as (the mainly) mountain biking world in the northern hemisphere goes into winter?

Mine is on order already so.. Im hoping I made a good decision

daved

Hey Daved,

We wanted to release the Supercaliber sooner, but with delays, we did push it back because we wouldn't release a product unless we have it 100% completed. Unfortunately it is towards the end of the season, but you can still expect a great bike. But also, not all riders are subject to cold weather like we are (and some prefer to ride in it)!

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [daved] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As an Xterra racer in Texas I need a full suspension race bike. The courses here are usually rocky and technical with very little elevation gain, so a Top Fuel is perfect. However when you race a course like Ogden or Maui with a ton of elevation gain and less technical challenges then a Procaliber would be the best choice. But what if you want to race all the above courses on the same bike? Then you buy a Supercaliber.

Rest assured you have made a fine choice my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well that makes sense. My speed concept was a project one build.

I will note those part numbers and add them to my order. Think I need to get a blender mount that integrates with the stem for my Garmin. That sure looks slick for getting your computer right out in front of you. Clean the bars up a bit too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a question, but a comment:

Some tri bike brands big (Cervelo), medium (QR) and small (Dimond) do a great job of showing up at races and providing mechanical support for their AG athletes. With the reduction in airline fees, there may be more people electing to fly with their bikes, increasing the need for a tweak here or there. It would be great to see Trek in Kona or at other races providing a similar service.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When are we going to see a new Trek Triathlon bike ?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Waingro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waingro wrote:
Not a question, but a comment:

Some tri bike brands big (Cervelo), medium (QR) and small (Dimond) do a great job of showing up at races and providing mechanical support for their AG athletes. With the reduction in airline fees, there may be more people electing to fly with their bikes, increasing the need for a tweak here or there. It would be great to see Trek in Kona or at other races providing a similar service.

I'll pass the feedback along!

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [baerospeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
baerospeed wrote:
When are we going to see a new Trek Triathlon bike ?

A question asked a lot! At the moment, we do not have any information we can share for a new triathlon specific bike.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the Speed Concept mono extensions really out of stock everywhere or do I need to go to a shop to have them ordered?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Are the Speed Concept mono extensions really out of stock everywhere or do I need to go to a shop to have them ordered?

If you’re talking about the version that takes separate extensions, I can help you out. Bought one when they were first released, but have subsequently sold my SC. Trained on a few times, raced once. PM if you’re interested
Quote Reply

Prev Next