Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [rich_m] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rich_m wrote:
Mitch, has the SLR6 option (manual ultegra) for the Domane and Emonda gone forever or will it be back once things return to normal?

They are just temporarily turned off until mechanical Shimano Ultegra has a better and accurate lead time. Right now, they are getting overrun with order volume so it is hard to get those parts anywhere.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 2018 Madone and I want to install a saddle with oval carbon rails that measure 7 by 9 mm. I have been trying to get replacement seat post clamps but Trek only makes them in 7 by 10 mm. Will that work for my new saddle?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stamm wrote:
I have a 2018 Madone and I want to install a saddle with oval carbon rails that measure 7 by 9 mm. I have been trying to get replacement seat post clamps but Trek only makes them in 7 by 10 mm. Will that work for my new saddle?

Unfortunately, no 7x9 clamps for that Madone, just the 7x10 clamps for an oversized carbon saddle rail. There was rumors of a 7x9 clamp, but then it never happened so I'm not sure what happened to that project.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stamm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a Revolver Wheels make me some thin carbon inserts that I put on the rails that filled the loose gap. Worked perfectly for 10K miles. I no longer use them or need them. If you are in the US, PM me your address and I will send them your way.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch - I got a friend that is interested in a Trek but our local dealer doesn’t have any in stock. Is there a way for you to check local inventory either in corporate owned stores or other shops? He’s got a specific model and size in mind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Mitch. Local shop just told me wait time on a 2021 or 2022 Domane SL6 or SL6 sram rival axs etap is up to a year. Is that still accurate?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [lhmd21] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:
Hey Mitch - I got a friend that is interested in a Trek but our local dealer doesn’t have any in stock. Is there a way for you to check local inventory either in corporate owned stores or other shops? He’s got a specific model and size in mind.

You can search of them on the trek site and sort by availability.

I was able to do that and find a trek like 500 mile away a couple months ago.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:

Our online locator built into the product pages would be able to show all reporting stores around your area code! If you have trouble with it, just let me know via PM and I can assist with the hunt.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [docdave1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
docdave1 wrote:
Hi, Mitch. Local shop just told me wait time on a 2021 or 2022 Domane SL6 or SL6 sram rival axs etap is up to a year. Is that still accurate?

That's accurate for the standard Domane SL 6 model, but the SL 6 eTap seems to be out to 2023 from what I'm seeing. The order volume for Rival blew everyone's expectations out of the water, so I think SRAM is fighting inventory for that groupset like we are for bikes in general.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a white paper for the new RSL wheels? I'm asking as there are no drag vs yaw plots for the new wheels and any drag comparison between those and the XXX wheels are convoluted with rolling resistance and are compared to tubulars rather than clinchers.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Cajer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question: I have a 2019 Trek Speed Concept with Shimano DI2 Ultegra group set. 53Ă—39 in the front. What are my options to change to a 55 chain ring? (I still want my 39)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Mitch. Do you know if corporate owned stores would ship? Either to consumer or to another local corporate store?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cajer wrote:
Is there a white paper for the new RSL wheels? I'm asking as there are no drag vs yaw plots for the new wheels and any drag comparison between those and the XXX wheels are convoluted with rolling resistance and are compared to tubulars rather than clinchers.

We don't have one that we published, but some of the charts we shared with dealers and internal team actually appear in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pzKY6tqf9c

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jun 23, 21 12:28
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch thanks for the response. Unfortunately those don't' show drag separated out or a comparison to XXX clinchers only tubulars which very few people were running.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [mvermill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mvermill wrote:
Question: I have a 2019 Trek Speed Concept with Shimano DI2 Ultegra group set. 53Ă—39 in the front. What are my options to change to a 55 chain ring? (I still want my 39)

A 55t ring should fit since Fabian Cancellara did run a 56t ring on his SC in the past. In terms of Shimano chainrings, Ultegra doesn't have a 55t option, just Dura Ace 9100. Color isn't a match if you have an R8000 crank, but they would bolt right up.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
lhmd21 wrote:
Thanks, Mitch. Do you know if corporate owned stores would ship? Either to consumer or to another local corporate store?

Technically, the policy is that stores cannot ship bikes to customers - big no no. If they want to ship a bike to another dealer, that is up to them and the other dealer, but the shop has to sell the bike to the other dealer so they miss out on the sale - kinda like automotive transfers between different dealerships.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
mvermill wrote:

A 55t ring should fit since Fabian Cancellara did run a 56t ring on his SC in the past. In terms of Shimano chainrings, Ultegra doesn't have a 55t option, just Dura Ace 9100. Color isn't a match if you have an R8000 crank, but they would bolt right up.

This is the setup I've been running on my 2016 SC for about 2 years. 55t Dura Ace 9100 big ring on an Ultegra Di2 groupset. Works great and I've had no issues. Like he said, you can't match the color but it doesn't look bad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When will we see the new speed concept available for purchase?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Genji40] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Genji40 wrote:
When will we see the new speed concept available for purchase?

TBD!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will there be a tri version with more storage? As the one shown in pro cycling doesn’t seem like it would work well for tri due to lack of storage
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're asking questions that won't be answered - sorry! Unreleased bikes stay unreleased until the product team is ready to release them. Everyone will have to wait patiently - it's worth it though...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This might just be the dumbest problem to have, but I still love almost everything about my 2011 SC with the lone exception of the darn seatpost that does not stay up after even the the most modest road vibrations.

On anything other than dead smooth new blacktop, it sinks down faster than me in the lake! Back in the day, I swapped out the clamp and tried the good ol' beer can shims, but neither does the job. It sound stupid, but I have been riding with duct tape around the seatpost for 10 years now as that is the only thing that works--it still slips, but at least the tape gets wedged in and holds it up well enough to get me to the end of the ride.

Any chance the Trek folks have something to recommend that would work better than duct tape?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [slow turtle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slow turtle wrote:
This might just be the dumbest problem to have, but I still love almost everything about my 2011 SC with the lone exception of the darn seatpost that does not stay up after even the the most modest road vibrations.

On anything other than dead smooth new blacktop, it sinks down faster than me in the lake! Back in the day, I swapped out the clamp and tried the good ol' beer can shims, but neither does the job. It sound stupid, but I have been riding with duct tape around the seatpost for 10 years now as that is the only thing that works--it still slips, but at least the tape gets wedged in and holds it up well enough to get me to the end of the ride.

Any chance the Trek folks have something to recommend that would work better than duct tape?

Did Trek ever provide you a replacement seatpost? They had acknowledged that some were made undersize. If you haven't tried another post that may be the fix. Assuming one can be found.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No; Trek did provide a replacement wedge clamp but never a new seatpost and that is the first I have heard of the actually post potentially being made undersized (explains a lot).

Thank you for your prompt reply--much appreciated!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek,
If you're still with Trek, I've questions about upgrading my Trek SC (Gen2) from hard cables to Shimano Di2.

V/R,
Djschap7
Quote Reply

Prev Next