Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can’t tell from the photo but how is your pad wing mounted? It can be rotated 180 degrees to get you more/less reach.

But yes the plug in only has 3 mounts.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep mounted normally and pads use centre holes - I did think just as I typed it that I could spin the wing around
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Would you know the reason why there seem not to be a shop in europe that would have Bontrafer Ballista shoes with the .5 sizes! Only sizes 42,43,44,45 etc. But not 42.5,43.5,44.5 etc.

I’m looking for 43.5 size... and dont know where to get.. living in finland.
Thanks
Janne

—
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Question regarding my Isospeed decoupler on 2013 Trek Domane 6.2.

Is that something I could lubricate myself? What would you use?

Or is it better to have the local Trek Dealer handle it?

Indoor Triathlete - I thought I was right, until I realized I was wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, Mitch. I have a Speed Concept part question. What is the part number and/or where can I get the rear brake cover that does not have a fairing? I have a Project One bike (ordered and received this year) with the fairing version of the rear brake cover, but would like to have the non-fairing version for every-day riding (versus competition). Also, does the cover come with screws, or do I need to order those too? Posting this here rather than the dedicated Speed Concept thread because that thread is so large it is difficult to navigate and search. Thank you.

Scrubbie
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
Mitch just in regards to the mono plug in extension- I noticed that it has 3 holes running along the top each side for the arm cups/wing pad. The s-bends i use have the standard 4 holes. I also use the 4th hole to put wing/pads on (hole that is furtherest away from the body, towards the extensions). As a result, does this mean the mono would not work as it seems shorter? I have the s-bend bar just shy all the way forward but have hardly any room to go further forward. The arm cups are are in the middle of the wing. I have attached a pic, i hope it works. I want to try different bars, something like a zipp with 70mm rise, but im hesitant that i might not be able to get my pads in the right position (ie, quite forward) since the mono doesnt have as much length?

I saw you got some great responses while I was out of town on the SC Owners thread, but as another mentioned, flipping the wing mount is my first stop. I wouldn't suggest flipping the bolt cradle (bolt assembly) to have the grub screw up front though, that is not something we would ever recommend as that screw is supposed to be in the rear only - I'll drop this same response in the other thread to keep it kosher.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [JanneK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JanneK wrote:
Mitch,

Would you know the reason why there seem not to be a shop in europe that would have Bontrafer Ballista shoes with the .5 sizes! Only sizes 42,43,44,45 etc. But not 42.5,43.5,44.5 etc.

I’m looking for 43.5 size... and dont know where to get.. living in finland.
Thanks
Janne

Unfortunately not all markets are the same - but you should try a 44 if you are generally a 43.5 and if for any reason you find it doesn't fit well, we have a Bontrager 30 Day Guarantee where you can return or exchange the shoe within 30 days of purchase! One of the ways to make sure it is the right shoe for you.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [IT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IT wrote:
Question regarding my Isospeed decoupler on 2013 Trek Domane 6.2.

Is that something I could lubricate myself? What would you use?

Or is it better to have the local Trek Dealer handle it?

My recommendation is to have the shop work on it if needed being that the bearings and the sleeve are pressed in. You wouldn't need to lubricate it though, the best service would be to just replace the bearings since they are a sealed bearing.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scrub wrote:
Hi, Mitch. I have a Speed Concept part question. What is the part number and/or where can I get the rear brake cover that does not have a fairing? I have a Project One bike (ordered and received this year) with the fairing version of the rear brake cover, but would like to have the non-fairing version for every-day riding (versus competition). Also, does the cover come with screws, or do I need to order those too? Posting this here rather than the dedicated Speed Concept thread because that thread is so large it is difficult to navigate and search. Thank you.

For the UCI-legal verson which is less of a fairing, the part number is 558992. You can order it at any local Trek dealer! Also, it would not come with hardware but it uses the same hardware as your current brake cover.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,
I'm in need of a replacement retention system for my ballista helmet (non-MIPS, the original iteration). I didn't see anything on trekbikes.com which is said to be compatible, is there a replacement retention system available?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
PBT_2009 wrote:
Hi Mitch,
I'm in need of a replacement retention system for my ballista helmet (non-MIPS, the original iteration). I didn't see anything on trekbikes.com which is said to be compatible, is there a replacement retention system available?
Thanks

There sure is! You can actually add a BOA system to replace your Headmaster II retention system that your non-MIPS Ballista helmet came with. The part number for the BOA compatible system is W557225 and the part number for the original is 435930.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...stem--boa/p/W557225/

https://www.trekbikes.com/...dmaster-ii/p/435930/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, I would like to buy a Mono Bar Plug In.

When will Trek have these available? They seem to be out of stock every where I have looked unless you know where I can get one?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, I am looking at the Madone SLR 6 Disc Speed with the aero bars, do you have an ITU-compliant version aero bars in the works?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
Mitch, I would like to buy a Mono Bar Plug In.

When will Trek have these available? They seem to be out of stock every where I have looked unless you know where I can get one?

What country are you located in? We do have a new version arriving soon, so if your dealer is not showing stock, that would be what you will need to wait for!

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Jul 16, 19 10:21
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Hi Mitch, I am looking at the Madone SLR 6 Disc Speed with the aero bars, do you have an ITU-compliant version aero bars in the works?

We actually have the Madone Speed which uses a Mono Extension from our Speed Concept! The parts used to make the Madone SLR into a Madone Speed will be available soon and can be ordered from your local Trek dealer!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
dalava wrote:

We actually have the Madone Speed which uses a Mono Extension from our Speed Concept! The parts used to make the Madone SLR into a Madone Speed will be available soon and can be ordered from your local Trek dealer!

The Mono Extensions, at least from what I can find on Google and your website, seem to be non-ITU compliant. For me to use it in draft legal races, the ends must be joint by factory bridge, and the length cannot extend beyond the brake levers on a road bike. Or maybe you have another version that I didn't see?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [dalava] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dalava wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
dalava wrote:

The Mono Extensions, at least from what I can find on Google and your website, seem to be non-ITU compliant. For me to use it in draft legal races, the ends must be joint by factory bridge, and the length cannot extend beyond the brake levers on a road bike. Or maybe you have another version that I didn't see?

You can also use the Mono Plug-In which allows a bar of your choice to be installed into the ends

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch

I am in San Diego and helping a buddy get his bike setup for Kona....

Availability of new version?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scca_ita wrote:
Hi Mitch

I am in San Diego and helping a buddy get his bike setup for Kona....

Availability of new version?

In order to run the new Mono Plug-In, you will need to order the following (which you can actually order TODAY!):

Mono Plugin – W582446
6mm bolt and T-nut – 596164 (You will need TWO of these)
Mono Slider – W582447
Please see THIS POST for a few extra details and to drop any other questions since they align with questions other users may have!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
scrub wrote:

For the UCI-legal verson which is less of a fairing, the part number is 558992. You can order it at any local Trek dealer! Also, it would not come with hardware but it uses the same hardware as your current brake cover.

I am looking to order this part as well. Can I get the UCI fin in white or does it come not painted and I have to paint it myself? Also, do you have any data on how many watts the speed fin saves compared to UCI legal fairing if any? Thanks Mitch.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Jimbotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jimbotri wrote:
Mitch@Trek wrote:
scrub wrote:

I am looking to order this part as well. Can I get the UCI fin in white or does it come not painted and I have to paint it myself? Also, do you have any data on how many watts the speed fin saves compared to UCI legal fairing if any? Thanks Mitch.

It will only come in black but if you have a Project One, your dealer can reach out to our tech team for a paint matching quote (P1 Only). Otherwise you could paint it yourself. Unfortunately I do not have any watt data for that fairing though.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch, a belated thank you for the part info re: the UCI-legal rear brake cover.

Scrubbie
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [scrub] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scrub wrote:
Mitch, a belated thank you for the part info re: the UCI-legal rear brake cover.

No problem!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch,
You are doing a good job here.
And I am not even a Trek owner.

My foray into time trialling at the age of 60
https://sixtyplustimetrialling.wordpress.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a 2015 Trek Domane and I seem to be one of the ones who has to replace the bottom bracket bearings quite often and we live a ways from a dealer so I learned how to replace them and ordered a couple sets to have at home but the little plastic sleeve that goes in got all cracked and I am having trouble figuring out what it is called so I can just call the shop later and ask to see if they have one or can order one, or I can order one. Thank you for your time. (Love the bike minus this issue as the roads are rough up here in Menomonie WI) Adam Beston
Quote Reply

Prev Next