Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Looking at a new Speed Concept, whether it be a frameset, stock bike, or P1 bike.

1) On the frameset and stock bike, is there any way to get it with the non-UCI bar/fairing and a mid-far stem or would I need to get a P1 bike to have these come in the box?

2) What is retail on the mid-far stem and non-UCI bar/fairing?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [fate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fate wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Looking at a new Speed Concept, whether it be a frameset, stock bike, or P1 bike.

1) On the frameset and stock bike, is there any way to get it with the non-UCI bar/fairing and a mid-far stem or would I need to get a P1 bike to have these come in the box?

2) What is retail on the mid-far stem and non-UCI bar/fairing?

Thanks!

To get the non-UCI options right out of the box, they would need to be from a Project One order.

The non-UCI base bar retails for $557.99 and the rear brake fin for $109.99.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch, I would like to replace my pad wing holder bolts and cradle bolts as mine are showing rust. Will any M5x21mm, and M5x25mm do? I found some Titanium ones but not sure I’d Trek recommends a different material?

Additionally I seem to have lost my set screw for my aerobars/mono spacer but I can’t find what type of screw it was?

Any help is appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Greenj5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Greenj5 wrote:
Hi Mitch, I would like to replace my pad wing holder bolts and cradle bolts as mine are showing rust. Will any M5x21mm, and M5x25mm do? I found some Titanium ones but not sure I’d Trek recommends a different material?

Additionally I seem to have lost my set screw for my aerobars/mono spacer but I can’t find what type of screw it was?

Any help is appreciated!

Can you drop me a DM with the year of your Speed Concept?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch (or anyone that can help)
Have just bought a 2017 Speed Concept - am the second owner.
Was looking to get a bit more reach by moving the mono-extension further forward.
But think i have hit the limit. Silly question but do you need the little gap for the set screw?
Is that as far forward as i can go?
Ill try and attach a photo.
NB i have taken the set screw out
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [MKen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rotating the pad wing 180 degrees will give you more pad x (~20mm IIRC).

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the xxx6 wheels and want to go tubeless. Is there any reason not to use the new Specialized tubeless Tire. (I am not going to use the bontrager tire).
I know the gp5000 is too tight
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I'm looking at a new Speed Concept but I want to double check my fit coordinates with you.

My armpad stack is: 627mm
My centre of armpad reach is: 505mm
My centre of BB to saddle rail is: 770mm (I'm 6ft 3).

My fit is aero tested and well dialled so is unlikely to change much. Looking at the fit chart I'd say I'm a size large frame. I'd like to go with the 'low far' stem if I could (mainly due to aesthetics to be honest) and the chart seems to suggest this is possible.

How would you size me ?
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

It will move his pads further forward, but then his hands will likely be beyond the ends of his extensions. This is the issue I had as well.

Couple of things:

1. From the pic posted, I -think- he can rotate the middle sliding piece around so that the set screw is on the back, and that should allow him to slide the monoextension firther forward? I think I did this for mine, but it still wasn't enough.

2. What I ended up doing, but haven't installed yet, is buy the mono extension (pic attached) that allows you to put your own choice of longer aftermarket extensions in it, thus increasing the overall reach of them.
Last edited by: SBRcanuck: Feb 17, 20 4:21
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcanuck wrote:
stevej wrote:

It will move his pads further forward, but then his hands will likely be beyond the ends of his extensions. This is the issue I had as well.

Couple of things:

1. From the pic posted, I -think- he can rotate the middle sliding piece around so that the set screw is on the back, and that should allow him to slide the monoextension firther forward? I think I did this for mine, but it still wasn't enough.

2. What I ended up doing, but haven't installed yet, is buy the mono extension (pic attached) that allows you to put your own choice of longer aftermarket extensions in it, thus increasing the overall reach of them.

Potentially. Rotating the pad wing will actually give you 30 mm more pad x (I just looked at my notes). But then you could mount the pad wing on 1 hole closer to the seat on the mono extension. The mounting holes on the mono extension on 22.5 mm apart which would give him a net of 7.5 mm of reach and might alleviate his hands being too far ahead of the mono extension tops.

I'm a big fan of the mono extension plug in for the reasons you stated. I wish the bike came stock with it.

blog
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [MKen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MKen wrote:
Hi Mitch (or anyone that can help)
Have just bought a 2017 Speed Concept - am the second owner.
Was looking to get a bit more reach by moving the mono-extension further forward.
But think i have hit the limit. Silly question but do you need the little gap for the set screw?
Is that as far forward as i can go?
Ill try and attach a photo.
NB i have taken the set screw out

You need to have that set screw in place. Depending on the Mono Extension you have, you can replace it for the long reach or the plug-in and then attach the extensions of your choice to get more length.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [DBF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DBF wrote:
I have the xxx6 wheels and want to go tubeless. Is there any reason not to use the new Specialized tubeless Tire. (I am not going to use the bontrager tire).
I know the gp5000 is too tight

You can use whichever tubeless tire you want, but our Bontrager tires do fit the best. All tubeless tires share the same hook bead design so they technically match up to all tubeless wheels, but some companies have off diameters or inflation width.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch@Trek wrote:
The most aerodynamic option would actually be our integrated option like what we offer on the Madone SLR. It would be a bar/stem combination. Other than that, the choice would be yours. For max tire size, it would be 28mm. Sounds like someone may have been blowing smoke or reading the wrong bike specs to you... The Domane can run up to a 35mm though!

Domane is 38 right? "Massive Tire Clearance" section callout?
https://www.trekbikes.com/...colorCode=black_grey
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [baerospeed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
THAT is awesome!
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [agreif] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
38mm for 2020 models and 35mm for 2019 models (disc only)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Mitch,
I have a 2012 Madone 6.9 ssl. I have 25c 4000c conti tires on it. Wonder if 28c 5000s conti tires will fit without rubbing. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Power Giant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
28c tires can fit on your 2012 Madone, but different tires have different inflation measurements so you would want to test at your own risk. Also, wheel width has a big play on tire fitment. With the stock wheels, you should be fine however!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

I’m getting ready for a training camp out in Arizona and had a quick question about flying with my SpeedConcept—I have a Scicon aerocomfort 3.0 bike bag and was planning on doing a test fit this week to make sure the bike fits. Is there anything special I need to do or should consider for packing the bike in this bag. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [TK17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TK17 wrote:
Mitch,

I’m getting ready for a training camp out in Arizona and had a quick question about flying with my SpeedConcept—I have a Scicon aerocomfort 3.0 bike bag and was planning on doing a test fit this week to make sure the bike fits. Is there anything special I need to do or should consider for packing the bike in this bag. Thanks.

I assume you have the Tri version? This way you can leave the handlebars and mono extension attached.

I have only flown with the road version with a standard road bike, but I suggest getting a bunch of old towels or even plenty of foam or bubble wrap to fill the voids to be on the safe side when travelling with your bike. Sometimes baggage carriers are rough on your goods, but soft bags they are usually more careful. The Aerocomfort bags have straps which go over your frame - definitely place something between the strap and frame. One thing you can do as well is slide your mono extension back when packaging to give more room for extra padding up front as well.

Just keep in mind the weight limit when packing. Towels are heavy, but the foam or bubble wrap are lightweight.

Last edited by: Mitch@Trek: Feb 24, 20 12:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

Thanks for the response. I do have the tri version and was planning on using a rather large amount of bubble wrap just to be safe. Typically, I bubble wrap the wheels individually and also the fork,seat, frame, derailleur, and cockpit. I wasn't sure if the front end would need to be disassembled for it to fit. Thanks again for the response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch
I am new to ST, so please forgive any mistakes in posting this thread.
I have an odd geometry - 175cm tall, but longer legs proportionate to my torso. I am also not as flexible as I was a few decades ago. Just ordered a new Trek SC size M, and when the frame arrived I noticed 3 preset stack spacers included. My LBS has assembled the bike, but I cannot achieve my armpad stack without additional spacers ( i dont think these exist). Short of getting an engineering shop to cut and extend the existing spacer, Im not sure if there are any simpler options out there. The following Pad X/Y mesaurments are from my Storck TT:
Pad X is 48
Pad Y is 68
My inner seam measure is 85cm.

Guidance please?

Efkay
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [efkay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
efkay wrote:
Hi Mitch
I am new to ST, so please forgive any mistakes in posting this thread.
I have an odd geometry - 175cm tall, but longer legs proportionate to my torso. I am also not as flexible as I was a few decades ago. Just ordered a new Trek SC size M, and when the frame arrived I noticed 3 preset stack spacers included. My LBS has assembled the bike, but I cannot achieve my armpad stack without additional spacers ( i dont think these exist). Short of getting an engineering shop to cut and extend the existing spacer, Im not sure if there are any simpler options out there. The following Pad X/Y mesaurments are from my Storck TT:
Pad X is 48
Pad Y is 68
My inner seam measure is 85cm.

Guidance please?

Efkay

Based on your x and y measurements, a large frame would have been best in my opinion. But you can make the medium work if you change your stem. I'm assuming that you are running a Medium-Near/Far stem? Based on your numbers, you would really need a High-Far stem and then use 45mm of spacer to raise the pads. The High-Far looks silly IMO, but it would allow you to make the medium frame work unless you can move up a frame size through your shop.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply and guidance Mitch. I'm not sure what the default stem config is that was supplied with the frame, which I purchased new from one of your online retailers. I will check if they can do a swop. My LBS has started doing the build, so this may be unlikely. Regarding the use of the high-far stem, i may end up going down that route. Unfortunately my bikes have all looked silly with the disproportionate stack height I have been squeezing out of them. Thanks for the guidance.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [efkay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy to help!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch@Trek,
I am trying to make my 2014 Speed Concept 7.5 UCI legal. Can you tell me if a 2017 7.5SC front fork would fit the 2014 7.5? The 2017 is integrated and the 2014 is not. From the 2014 Service Manual, it seems the Steering axle may be the big difference.
Seems like Gen2 front forks are interchangeable between model years
Thanks
Jimbob
Last edited by: Flyingshim: Mar 12, 20 5:08
Quote Reply

Prev Next