Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Djschap7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Djschap7 wrote:
Mitch@Trek,
If you're still with Trek, I've questions about upgrading my Trek SC (Gen2) from hard cables to Shimano Di2.

V/R,
Djschap7

You have questions, I have answers!

Just keep Speed Concept Qs in this thread here: https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/?post=2844072

Or message me directly.

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seatpost slipping issue was a major issue at the introduction of the first SC. That first seatpost wedge wasn’t correct in size.
As a temporary problem solver all customers got a thin metal wedge to place in between seatpost and wedge.
Later a different wedge came and that solved all slipping seatpost problems.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [TRIPRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIPRO wrote:
The seatpost slipping issue was a major issue at the introduction of the first SC. That first seatpost wedge wasn’t correct in size.
As a temporary problem solver all customers got a thin metal wedge to place in between seatpost and wedge.
Later a different wedge came and that solved all slipping seatpost problems.

Jeroen

Yes. But there are still undersize seatposts out there that don't seem to work with the updated wedge. My Gen 1 was never a problem for me with the posts I used, but the second owner needed a longer post and it was a continuous issue even with the updated wedge. I worked with them on using the shim and it has largely solved the issue. The only change was this longer post so either the post size, or extra leverage from more exposed post, exposed the Gen 1 wedge issue.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We sold a boat load of Gen1 SC's and we never had any problems with the seatpost slipping after the new wedge came. Even not on people with higher sticking out seatposts.
But maybe there was a bunch of seatposts that were not right.

Jeroen

Owner at TRIPRO, The Netherlands
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

Quick question on delivery time accuracy for ordered bikes. I live in Northern California. I paid my LBS for Emonda SLR 7 eTap which they say has an anticipated delivery date in early April. Are these delivery dates relatively reliable/accurate?

Thanks!

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Vapor Trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Vapor Trail wrote:
Hi Mitch,

Quick question on delivery time accuracy for ordered bikes. I live in Northern California. I paid my LBS for Emonda SLR 7 eTap which they say has an anticipated delivery date in early April. Are these delivery dates relatively reliable/accurate?

Thanks!

Paul

Hey Paul, good question! The ETAs we provide our retailers and customers are always the most accurate at the time they are provided. Our forecasting team (kudos to them in these crazy times), looks at all avenues of the supply chain to coordinate when we can expect orders and products to arrive. Sometimes, something outside of their control causes the timeline to change, but they quickly update it so a new ETA is reflective of that event. We may also see some dates shorten, typically if orders are cancelled.

Hope that helps!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I posted a Q on the Official SC thread at the weekend, have you had a chance to look at it ?

Thanks in advance

Official Speed Concept Owners Thread (Page 409): Triathlon Forum: Slowtwitch Forums
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I just got a kona start at IM cairns. I ride a 2018 SC di2. I went to kona in 2016 was on cervelo then and they had a free service and gave us a shirt, will Trek be out there doing anything for participants on trek? And will you be doing demo test rides on the new SC? I would love to see how it compares to my model.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [GrahamMackie7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for pinging me here. I just responded to that.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [Gilliga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gilliga wrote:
Hi,

I just got a kona start at IM cairns. I ride a 2018 SC di2. I went to kona in 2016 was on cervelo then and they had a free service and gave us a shirt, will Trek be out there doing anything for participants on trek? And will you be doing demo test rides on the new SC? I would love to see how it compares to my model.

Congrats! We will be out there, but just the team staff with the team athletes to support them. I personally will not be out there, but I'll certainly make the inquiry to see what is up. If nothing else, our team bikes will be on display for everyone to view.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Mitch,

I have a 2020 model Trek Domane SLR 9.

Beautiful bike!

I'm wondering if I could fit the following handlebar? This was the place I thought of coming to! What would I need to check?

METRON 5D INTEGRATED HANDLEBAR

https://shop.visiontechusa.com/en/handlebars/road-track/metron-5d-integrated

Thanks!
Last edited by: TOMOP: Jun 24, 22 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [TOMOP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't see any reason this handlebar would not fit a 2022 Domane, so you should be able to just swap your existing cockpit out for this one. The Domane doesn't use any specific or special stem requirements, standard 1-1/8" stems and matching handlebars mount right up!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch, I heard there is a recall on the Bonti RSL VR-C bar. I just bought one and finished a build with it a few weeks ago...

What is the problem, is it voluntary, and what should we do? Since I bought the bar, I've moved 4,500km from Asia to Europe so I can't exactly go back to the same dealer.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey there! We're currently undergoing an investigation into the Aeolus RSL VR-C handlebar/stem here in the USA with the CPSC and other government agencies around the globe. We don't have complete details to share yet, but once we do, and a solution in place that meets the CPSC's and our requirements, we will have an active recall. We would advise against riding these handlebars in the meantime.

Also, once the recall is live, you can bring the bar/stem to any Trek retailer and we'll take care of you! The solution isn't too far behind either, we will have it resolved soon.

Full details for our recall will be shared on our website listed below:

https://www.trekbikes.com/...cies/safety_recalls/

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Mitch. I have a few questions about the RSL VR-C recall:

1. The EU site redirects to the US recall page. Are the EU terms the same? Is the voucher 100€?

2. What stem and bar are supplied for the temporary solution?

3. When is the permanent solution expected? I'd prefer swapping handlebars just once if possible.

4. Do you know yet what the permanent solution will look like? I really like the light weight and external (but clean) cable routing of the current RSL bar.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mitch,

any insight on availability on the new domane? are we past the point where manufacturers post everyone online about their new bike but you cant actually get it for a year plus?

I think im going to upgrade my road bike and the new domane checks all the boxes for me, swapping over from a 2017 roubaix.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Hey Mitch. I have a few questions about the RSL VR-C recall:

1. The EU site redirects to the US recall page. Are the EU terms the same? Is the voucher 100€?

2. What stem and bar are supplied for the temporary solution?

3. When is the permanent solution expected? I'd prefer swapping handlebars just once if possible.

4. Do you know yet what the permanent solution will look like? I really like the light weight and external (but clean) cable routing of the current RSL bar.

Correct, the recall is the same globally! Credit will likely be equal per country in terms of value. As far as the replacements, those are in production and had a 2 month lead time from the recall date when we were allowed to start production - they'll be shipped out accordingly from earliest to latest claim. For the temp bars, those vary. But we are supplying whatever we have in stock which traditionally is an alloy stem and bar. The replacement bar will also look the same as the original, we are not changing the design visually as far as I am aware.

Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [damon.lebeouf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
damon.lebeouf wrote:
Mitch,

any insight on availability on the new domane? are we past the point where manufacturers post everyone online about their new bike but you cant actually get it for a year plus?

I think im going to upgrade my road bike and the new domane checks all the boxes for me, swapping over from a 2017 roubaix.

Depending on the model, color, size, ETAs are 25-180 days!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all, just bought (second hand) a set of Aeolus Pro 5 TLR Road wheels, rim brakes, for my Tri Bike. I have been reading a ton as this would be my first set of Tubeless wheels as well as my first set of carbon wheels.

A few questions:

1. What tire is going to be the easiest to seat but still high quality? I currently ride Conti GP 5000 but have read they are a tough fit that introduces tons of new explitives to your vocab
2. I have ready conflicting reports on Black Prince versus Cork brake pads, which are the best? I heard the Black Prince leaves a great deal of residue build up on the rims?
3. Does one have to use Bontrager rim tape/strips and valves or can one purchase tape and valves of their choice?

Thanks so much.
Quote Reply
Re: Hey SlowTwitch - Trek Community Manager Here! [sgreenstonenj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have yet to find. Tubeless tire that fits easily. Like I have broken 6-7 levers and now just take to the local trek dealer to put the tires on. LMK if you find a good tire

I have run treks pads that are included with no issues

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Madone 9.2 (2016) Max Tire Width [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello…

I’m running 25mm Conti 4000S tires with tubes on my bike.

Will the 9.2 allow me to go to 28’s??

Thanks!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next