Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ctbrian wrote:
I heard he was fired by his coach mid season

That's not a Trucker Hat

Really? Does that look like a 3:11 marathoner?

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Sweeney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweeney wrote:
RandMart wrote:
ctbrian wrote:
I heard he was fired by his coach mid season

That's not a Trucker Hat

Really? Does that look like a 3:11 marathoner?

aw come on now! His big boned
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's a telling point(s) for sure. I wonder if he was hiding his face so as not to show how "easy" his effort was
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Runguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runguy wrote:
that's a telling point(s) for sure. I wonder if he was hiding his face so as not to show how "easy" his effort was

Any Marathon I have run, and my best is like 3:17, I was so dead coming across the finish line I could barely start. This person looks like they just
finished a walk in the park.

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Kevin in MD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kevin in MD wrote:
He saw a fin on the ground and walked off the course to pick it up, he was bringing it back to give to a race official.
You beat me to it - I was going to say that he is coached by that famous IM-Marathoner FinMan.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please God, don't let it turn out that he's a triathlete.

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
Please God, don't let it turn out that he's a triathlete.

Winner, winner, Chicken Dinner!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [pattersonpaul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is this the guy?

https://www.facebook.com/mikerossi22

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dyarab] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I also heard that there was a guy in a gorilla suit running alongside him during the marathon and he used Power Cranks for cross training in preparation for his BQ...:)

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [h2ofun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's say he's telling the truth and that ALL his 20 previous races were hurt and or easy runs. How does a person like that even come to the conclusion that he can run 3:11? My marathon PR (after 3 other stand alones and couple of IMs) was 3:32., but McMillan was telling me that based on other races, I was probably capable of 3:24. My first thought was, "Bullshit, I can't run sub 8 miles for a marathon." I trusted the number and bumped my mileage from the 45-50 mpw I did for that previous race up to 70 using the Pftiz 18/70 plan and I trained with that pace as my goal. I hit all the workouts but was STILL nervous about holding that pace. I was just hoping for the best. I sure as hell didn't dream of going out 30 seconds per mile faster than my BQ required time.

With Rossi, we have someone whose only previous marathon time was over 4 hours and whose previous 10-mile best pace was 7:28. In July he runs 2 5ks at 7:44 and 7:13/mile. So what about those races or his training made him wake up less than 2 months later and decide he should start the LV marathon at 7:19/mile?
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
allenpg wrote:
I also heard that there was a guy in a gorilla suit running alongside him during the marathon and he used Power Cranks for cross training in preparation for his BQ...:)

Maybe I could run a 3:11 now with all my powercranks (one word) work. Nah, open marathons are just way way too hard on the body. I do have a 1:24 for a half so could be close.

Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ctbrian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was also a gorilla running next to him. He should be DQ'ed.

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [dgunthert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a semi-meteoric rise with my marathon times. I looked back and saw similar numbers from me to him. HOWEVER, I qualified with a 3:23 and I have to tell you, there is no way he could have been that fresh at the finish. I nearly exploded at the finish of my BQ race. I may have been looking down at the finish too, but that was due to the rest of my face and body crashing to the pavement as I crossed the line. My prior best was 3:43, and before that was 4:35. I ran 3:34 at Boston with little build or training for the race, so 4:01 was tanking it, if he was really a 3:11 qualifier. </end sideways brag>
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [patflynnca] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see LR is given him grief now for wearing a finishers jacket to a race he didn't run.

Last edited by: Economist: May 7, 15 15:30
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Economist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From LR:

Well hes cheating here in Allentown
And no race photos of him can be found
Out in LetsRun they're killing time
Filling out forums
Posting online

Well this father fought some silly school War
Spent his weekend on the Boston tour
Hes a mother and an attention whore
Ask him to race
Raced with them slow
And he cheated here in Allentown

But the lying ways was handed down
And it's getting very hard to stay heyeyeyeyeheyey

Well we're waiting here in Allentown
For the photos that were never found
For the GPS files he never gave
He didnt work hard
He didnt behave
So the race medal hang on the wall
But he never really finished it all
No he never showed us what was real
Thought we were dopes
A race entry to steal
And we're waiting here in Allentown

But they've taken all the facts they have found
And the cheater simply crawled away heyeyeyeyheyeyey

Every runner had a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as this old man got
But something happened on the way to that place
They threw 26.2 miles in his face

Well he cheated here in Allentown
And it's hard to keep this douchebag down
But he wont get a PR today heyeyeyeyheyeyey

And this story just wont go away heyeyeyeyheyeyey
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arch Stanton wrote:
From LR:

Well hes cheating here in Allentown
And no race photos of him can be found
Out in LetsRun they're killing time
Filling out forums
Posting online

Well this father fought some silly school War
Spent his weekend on the Boston tour
Hes a mother and an attention whore
Ask him to race
Raced with them slow

But the lying ways was handed down
And it's getting very hard to stay heyeyeyeyeheyey

Well we're waiting here in Allentown
For the photos that were never found
For the GPS files he never gave
He didnt work hard
He didnt behave
So the race medal hang on the wall
But he never really finished it all
No he never showed us what was real
Thought we were dopes
A race entry to steal
And we're waiting here in Allentown

But they've taken all the facts they have found
And the cheater simply crawled away heyeyeyeyheyeyey

Every runner had a pretty good shot
To get at least as far as this old man got
But something happened on the way to that place
They threw 26.2 miles in his face

Well he cheated here in Allentown
And it's hard to keep this douchebag down
But he wont get a PR today heyeyeyeyheyeyey

And this story just wont go away heyeyeyeyheyeyey

Excellent!

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Arch Stanton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's great. I guess it'd be asking too much for him to dance in his own "Allentown" video.

do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As for the change of clothes, how do we know he did that?

We don't. Someone is trying to defend him and suggested he could have done that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pattersonpaul wrote:
that's great. I guess it'd be asking too much for him to dance in his own "Allentown" video.

The Holdernesses
will do it

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Giant Steps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giant Steps wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
From LR:

Well he's cheating here in Allentown ...

Excellent!

This really IS something of a phenomenon ... He's got STers quoting LRCers; AND giving them props!

He got dozens of LRCers to admit that 3:11 is a good marathon! Dozens of LRCers to admit that they are only 3:20-3:30 marathoners!

Even rojo called a 3:11 marathon something like the greatest run of all time

If it was December, it would be a Christmas Miracle

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: May 7, 15 17:18
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
Giant Steps wrote:
Arch Stanton wrote:
From LR:

Well he's cheating here in Allentown ...

Excellent!

This really IS something of a phenomenon ... He's got STers quoting LRCers; AND giving them props!

He got dozens of LRCers to admit that 3:11 is a good marathon! Dozens of LRCers to admit that they are only 3:20-3:30 marathoners!

Even rojo called a 3:11 marathon something like the greatest run of all time

If it was December, it would be a Christmas Miracle

Ha ha - if I ever ran 3:11, I'm sure the RD would test me for PED's.

Live long and surf!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's him. Look at the pic of him crossing the line at Boston, why is he looking down and covering his face with his hat after running the race of his life to BQ? The egomaniac even had t-shirts printed up for his family to wear while the watch him.
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Burnt Toast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's worth noting that all the other finishers coming through around his time (male and female) are wearing singlets. Everyone else running a 3:11 is dressed like a 3:11 runner would dress on a warm day.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonder why he didn't just cheat and do a 3:23. Still would have qualified and much more believable. Maybe he is bad at math.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: Did Mike Rossi (viral marathon dad) cheat his way into Boston? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
It's worth noting that all the other finishers coming through around his time (male and female) are wearing singlets. Everyone else running a 3:11 is dressed like a 3:11 runner would dress on a warm day.

Yeah, deep inside he knows he's merely a jogger. No sheer singlet and split shorts for him, but that's a good thing.

do that thing.
Quote Reply

Prev Next