Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Trainer road.com [Chri55] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Chri55 wrote:
Tri build plans look good. I think I'll give one of the half plans a shot after a general build block.
Will the tri specialty plans remain the same or are you guys reworking those?

We're reworking those too! :-D

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [skullyrush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
skullyrush wrote:
Nate, Chad, and the rest of the TR team... I see that the build plans are up, thank you so much! I've really enjoyed the Sprint High Volume plan so far and looking forward to the Build. Thanks again!

Thanks man! :-D

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [Nate Pearson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First I have been using TrainerRoad for a year now, and not only do I love everything about the program its self, I'd like to point out how awesome it is that we as a community are given such unbelievable access to what is happening, what is coming and the inner workings of the TrainerRoad staff. Nate- Thank you for that it is awesome how involved you are, we all really appreciate it.

Chad- I wonder what you think about my plan moving forward for IM Lake Placid. (this will be my first full, after doing 70.3) I have been doing a general build block the past two months, wraping up shortly, I am going away in the middle of january so I am planning to start getting specific on January 24th (exactly 6 months out from race day)
my plan, I was going to do Sustained power build (Mid volume) then the Ironman Power build then Ironman Specific plan. that should give me the 6 months to the day and build my power up as high as I can get it before race day correct? anything you recommend would be great.

Thanks for everything Nate and Chad.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome stuff Nate/Chad/TR!!

i see one error on the Half Distance - Mid Vol Plan -- week 1, Saturday has text saying Warlow workout but the workout in the calendar view is McAdie
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [holograham] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
holograham wrote:
awesome stuff Nate/Chad/TR!!

i see one error on the Half Distance - Mid Vol Plan -- week 1, Saturday has text saying Warlow workout but the workout in the calendar view is McAdie

Thank you for that! I just sent it to Chad to see which one should be there. We'll get it corrected as soon as he responds (he's on a two day vacation).

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
First I have been using TrainerRoad for a year now, and not only do I love everything about the program its self, I'd like to point out how awesome it is that we as a community are given such unbelievable access to what is happening, what is coming and the inner workings of the TrainerRoad staff. Nate- Thank you for that it is awesome how involved you are, we all really appreciate it.

Chad- I wonder what you think about my plan moving forward for IM Lake Placid. (this will be my first full, after doing 70.3) I have been doing a general build block the past two months, wraping up shortly, I am going away in the middle of january so I am planning to start getting specific on January 24th (exactly 6 months out from race day)
my plan, I was going to do Sustained power build (Mid volume) then the Ironman Power build then Ironman Specific plan. that should give me the 6 months to the day and build my power up as high as I can get it before race day correct? anything you recommend would be great.

Thanks for everything Nate and Chad.

Thanks!!! Did you know we have a podcast? It's called "Ask a Cycling Coach" and people send in questions and Chad answers them.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-cycling-coach-trainerroad/id1035433041?mt=2

Chad's on vacation right now, but I'll put this on his list to answer when he gets back next week.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good catch! That's supposed to be Warlow with McAdie on week 2. Thanks for pointing that out. :)

Head Coach at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like an ambitious approach, and one that could work but I'm a little concerned that back-to-back builds could be a bit much leading directly into your specialization training.

If you know from experience that you can handle some pretty hefty training loads without getting sick, injured and/or burnt out then I say go for it; otherwise, consider 12 weeks of Sweet Spot Base I & II or 12 weeks of the Full Distance Triathlon Base in place of the Sustained Power Build (which is a good choice by the way, but it doesn't allot for the stress of your swim/run workouts).

Best of luck, and definitely keep us updated on your season!

Last edited by: chadtimmerman: Dec 30, 15 11:25
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no problem chad...now get back to vacation!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will do! ;) By the way, I edited that since I replied a little too quickly, got slightly confused with my recommendations.

Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [chadtimmerman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you Chad, I really appreciate your input.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
We're doing a little sprint to let users select training plans in the new PC app and on the website. After that it's full time Mac.

We're already pretty far through. We hired this super expensive consultant who had a ton of Mac experience. He actually was super duper helpful and well worth the money.

To give you an idea where we are here's what we have working:
Login, sync, workout list, career list.

Big steps to finish:
Devices (this isn't actually that big since our device layer is shared across platforms)
Ride Screen
Video Workouts

I don't like to give even ball park guesses. I've done that before and people copy and paste them and send them to me :). But I can promise you we're working as hard and fast as possible on it!

Appreciate the update!! At least it sounds like you're not starting de novo. Can't wait for it to be available.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been back and forth with customer support for quite awhile and no solutions have been provided. To this day, I cannot use TR on my Windows 10 computer with my Computrainer.

Matthew

http://mattpatt75.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any update on Powerbeam compatibility with the new Windows desktop app?
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [mattpatt75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mattpatt75 wrote:
I have been back and forth with customer support for quite awhile and no solutions have been provided. To this day, I cannot use TR on my Windows 10 computer with my Computrainer.

What's your username? I'll follow up and have an engineer look into it.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tpero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tpero wrote:
Any update on Powerbeam compatibility with the new Windows desktop app?

We have a development branch that has it done. The only thing that sucks is we get lots of drop outs and we don't want to release it the way it is. We need to pow-wow and figure out why it's dropping out.

The PBP has it's own ANT implementation and you have to keep telling it to stay at an erg level. You can't just say "Go to 200 watts, I'll let you know when it changes". You have to keep saying "200 watts! 200 watts! 200 watts!".

If it stops receiving updates, it will wig out.

We think we can get it working as well as we can. The engineer who was the primary on it is out this week and we've got some ideas on how to fix it but we want to wait for him to get back.

If anyone reads this and wants to buy a power beam pro we recommend the Bluetooth model as the connectivity on that one is stellar.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nate Pearson wrote:
Thanks!!! Did you know we have a podcast? It's called "Ask a Cycling Coach" and people send in questions and Chad answers them.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ask-cycling-coach-trainerroad/id1035433041?mt=2

My favorite cycling/triathlon podcast! :)

Thanks Nate, Chad, and the rest of the team for the new triathlon base and build plans. I've already updated my 2016 training calendar with the new plan and will be starting on the half build in February on my way to my first 70.3 at Chattanooga in May. Just like last year, I'm already seeing some good gains in form as well as FTP as I get towards the end of the build phase!
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [NateUT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
mattpatt

I have been using my work computer (windows 7) for the last couple of weeks.

Matthew

http://mattpatt75.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't wait to use these new plans, they look great, guys. I noticed that when I loaded the Half distance Mid volume plan that week 5 seems to be missing that SUPER fun looking Julius Ceasar workout.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [tri_pilot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The sufferfest videos are a great addition to Trainer Road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just brief thanks for the support you all provide. I had a little hiccup with the latest version of TR, one of your support members, Corey, resolved it extremely fast, even in New Years morning. Keep up the great work over there!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guys - first thank you very much for the new build plans for triathlon. Perfect timing - just finishing up the SSB base right now and looking forward to more structured training for all three legs.

Quick question - have you considered adding functionality where you can setup your rest day in settings and then have days of the week modify accordingly? I usually train Mon-Sat, and would be great to tailor all workouts using those days rather than the standard Tue-Sun schedule.
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [bricklayer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bricklayer wrote:
Just brief thanks for the support you all provide. I had a little hiccup with the latest version of TR, one of your support members, Corey, resolved it extremely fast, even in New Years morning. Keep up the great work over there!

Thanks guys! Our support staff is outstanding! They work so freaking hard and are all very smart.

Depending on the Corey you talked to (we have two) it might be the one who's just graduated from college and is taking a year off before becoming a doctor. He's working for us in the meantime :).

We try to recruit the very best people to be support agents and I think it shows in their work quality.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply
Re: Trainer road.com [jaskew] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaskew wrote:
Guys - first thank you very much for the new build plans for triathlon. Perfect timing - just finishing up the SSB base right now and looking forward to more structured training for all three legs.

Quick question - have you considered adding functionality where you can setup your rest day in settings and then have days of the week modify accordingly? I usually train Mon-Sat, and would be great to tailor all workouts using those days rather than the standard Tue-Sun schedule.

We're working on picking a plan and executing against that plan right now. At first, we won't have it tied to a calendar (that's where you'd be able to change the day of week) but it will be VERY useful. We needed to get this done a while ago but we've been working on other platforms.

We're in a good spot now to be able to execute on this quickly.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Quote Reply

Prev Next