Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [alathIN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The "RS" version is not like the Slice version you are riding. See this from this Slowtwitch link:

(http://www.slowtwitch.com/...dale_Slice_5142.html)

: The third problem with this bike was its geometry and not the nominal geometry of the frame, but the position you got out of the complete bike with the custom stem taken into consideration. The stem was very flat, scooted over the leading edge of the fork and then dropped down a couple of centimeters. The resulting rider position was very low.

Your posted photo (high) is unlikely to work with the RS version. Replacing your Slice with the same version is going to be easier.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Billyk24 wrote:
The "RS" version is not like the Slice version you are riding. See this from this Slowtwitch link:

(http://www.slowtwitch.com/...dale_Slice_5142.html)

: The third problem with this bike was its geometry and not the nominal geometry of the frame, but the position you got out of the complete bike with the custom stem taken into consideration. The stem was very flat, scooted over the leading edge of the fork and then dropped down a couple of centimeters. The resulting rider position was very low.

Your posted photo (high) is unlikely to work with the RS version. Replacing your Slice with the same version is going to be easier.

Yeah, I was kind of getting that idea.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Last edited by: moorlo: Jun 6, 17 3:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [moorlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would tighten down the headset. You will have to remove the cables to do that. I've never run the rear brake cover and it's not needed atleast in my experience. I have not had an issue getting parts but seeing as the frame will be 2 generations old I would assume it will be hard to find parts and the frame has quite a few proprietary parts.

ART, MDT, DNS, MPI, FST
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [moorlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moorlo wrote:
Picked up a second hand Slice RS a couple of days ago - generally in very good condition, but a couple of questions I would be very grateful for some answers to (turns out the seller had a different definition of 'ready to race' than me...). These may well be silly questions.

1) There's some free-play in the headset, enough to be annoying. Am I right in thinking that this can only be sorted out by removing at least some/all of the cables?
2) Not mentioned by the seller, but my bike is missing the cable guide that seems to normally sit under the stem cap, and the fairing for the rear brake. I've ordered replacements for these, but I take it there's no harm in riding without them for now?
3) Given that Cannondale has a new Slice out soon, does anyone have any insight in spares availability for the RS? Is there already anything that's difficult to get hold of, or likely to become difficult? Having replaced my last TT bike due to having lost a seemingly irreplaceable minor part from the saddle clamp, I'm basically going to stockpile any spares so that I never have to buy another bike again. ;-)

Only been out on a steady ride on it so far, and it's great, but just needs these few issues sorting to be perfect. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Dr. Cannondale is a site to check out--here is your link: http://www.cannondale-parts.de/...ile/Rennrad/Slice_RS
Cannondale Experts is another link.
Quote Reply
Re: Slice RS Help [nathanong87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any Idea when the new model will be out?
Quote Reply
Re: Slice RS Help [runitaly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
runitaly wrote:
Any Idea when the new model will be out?

the Super Slice may be in a holding pattern due to the professional cyclist concerns about safety of disc brakes in their races.
Quote Reply
Re: Slice RS Help [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
slice rs needed recabling....so i put money down for etap. At least now i can worry about other things, and have some* adjustability when it comes to position tweaking. probably 3d print some blip grips of my own that look like di2 dummy shifters to add some length to extension
Quote Reply
Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello guys! I've got Cannondale Slice RS 2013. I'd like to change stock bar extensions to more comfortable ski-bend (J-bend) extensions. Extensions from other producers such Zipp or Profile Design is not suitable for my aerobar. But I find pictures that some people can find j-bend extensions for Slice RS (for example bike for Peter Sagan in 2013-14)
Did someone know suitable j-bend extensions for Slice RS?
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [echolot76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
echolot76 wrote:
Hello guys! I've got Cannondale Slice RS 2013. I'd like to change stock bar extensions to more comfortable ski-bend (J-bend) extensions. Extensions from other producers such Zipp or Profile Design is not suitable for my aerobar. But I find pictures that some people can find j-bend extensions for Slice RS (for example bike for Peter Sagan in 2013-14)
Did someone know suitable j-bend extensions for Slice RS?

trying to understand ..... are u looking for a different bend than SKI? with less angle to the bend?

or the bars you've bought separately wont work with your cockpit ?

do you want the exact* bars that sagan had on his slice rs?
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [nathanong87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nathanong87 wrote:

trying to understand ..... are u looking for a different bend than SKI? with less angle to the bend?

or the bars you've bought separately wont work with your cockpit ?

do you want the exact* bars that sagan had on his slice rs?

I'm looking for ski-bend or j-bend extensions. I've tried extensions Profile design T4+ and Zipp Vuka - not suitable
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Which aerobars are currently on your bike? Basebar, arm pads, extension clamps, extensions.
Do you have a photo of your bik?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
doublea334 wrote:
Which aerobars are currently on your bike? Basebar, arm pads, extension clamps, extensions.
Do you have a photo of your bik?

Yes
Last edited by: echolot76: Jul 10, 17 13:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting. I just researched it a bit and looks like those Vision bars use a smaller sized extension. You may be stuck trying to find a Visin J/ski bend extension.

Sorry, didn't know Vision's specs until now.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
me thinks cannondale got their J bend from vision clip on bars

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nathanong87 wrote:
me thinks cannondale got their J bend from vision clip on bars

Yes, it seems that only one option - buy vision clip on bars(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
she lives to ride again....

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
CCTT?
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
CCTT?

is that some code name for a Clarksville segment?? haha

no CC for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Everesting machine?
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [jbank] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jbank wrote:
Everesting machine?

i'll need some low profile wheels at a minimum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone still own an RS? mine is still kicking and i've been printing some parts for the front end. possibly the most modified china base bar in the country? i dunno. it's fun to ride to get groceries on this thing though. looking for something new soon though, holding out for a bolide or maybe a pro team to sell me season old superslice rime brake version , pro edition.

Last edited by: nathanong87: Aug 14, 18 12:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is still alive and kicking as well.

Interesting to see someone has bought the HB029 and mounted it to a Slice RS. How do you like it? An improvement over the standard Vision alu handlebar setup? Seems to require longer exposed cable housing between the handlebar and the frame?

Love to see that you've mounted the pad holders with the bolts inwards as well, as I've been thinking about is that would be possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Ski-bend extensions for Slice RS [p3eriksson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
p3eriksson wrote:
Mine is still alive and kicking as well.

Interesting to see someone has bought the HB029 and mounted it to a Slice RS. How do you like it? An improvement over the standard Vision alu handlebar setup? Seems to require longer exposed cable housing between the handlebar and the frame?

Love to see that you've mounted the pad holders with the bolts inwards as well, as I've been thinking about is that would be possible.

I like it, it was cheap and fit my needs. By now the only things that are still HB029 is the base, the risers and the clamps. Longer cable, but that also allows for less tight bends. For the price , i think it's worth it. I think i have probably 300$ invested into this current setup and it was better than spending a grand on a setup. Is it faster , i dunno, but i like the aesthetics of the current setup.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great, thanks!

Could you also provide the measurement of it, thinking about UCI's 3:1 rule specifically regarding how wide they are?
Quote Reply

Prev Next