Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [MrSommer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Morten-

Thanks! I think that was the issue. I had cut it once before, but had to lower my seat a little due to Achilles issues. Didn't realize it was bottomed out. Trimmed some more and so far so good...:)

-Pete

"Most of my heroes don't appear on no stamps"
Blog = http://extrememomentum.com|Photos = http://wheelgoodphotos.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [allenpg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hi everybody.

i have been looking at the slice rs for a while but i'm not sure about the fit.

right now i have height from bottom bracket to seating surface that is 74cm and my pads are about 7cm-7,5cm lower.

as far as i can tell from the geometry-sheet on cannondale's homepage the highest pad stack is 63,5cm for a 54-frame, and this would be to low. is this right and is there a way to get the right heigth, another handlebar maybe?

-Torben
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [backgear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to own a slice, now riding the rs. I bought it because I couldn't get the stack low enough on my slice. I was using a -17 stem with no spacers and it wasn't low enough.
Still getting used to how low the stack is on the rs, as it isn't as comfortable as my old slice, but I love it.
In my opinion if you only are 7cm lower in the front, I wouldn't bother jumping to the rs. Going uphill is brutal as the basebar would be so much lower than the pad mounts for you.
Last edited by: miner1098: Jun 13, 14 22:12
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zipp sub9.
Any of you slice rs guys running it? I just want to make sure it will fit, which it should as I'm running the 808 in the rear now.
If it don't fit, I'll pick up a zipp 900 instead.
Wayne
Last edited by: miner1098: Jun 13, 14 16:51
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A photo of the Cannondale 2015 Slice? To replace the Slice or Slice RS as well?

From: Dealer launch - RBR thread: http://forums.roadbikereview.com/...378.html#post4653860
Last edited by: rs2011: Jun 25, 14 21:38
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [rs2011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks very much like what michelle vesterby posted on instagram yesterday, although hers is fluorescent green. This is like the concord all over again, one step forward two steps back. Thanks Cannondale.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [Whitesg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Question: I test rode a 58cm RS Black this afternoon. It felt great in the aero with the full stack of 3 spacers = 50mm. I could lose a 20mm spacer and still be g2g.

Going to the pursuit bar it was freakishly low. I can't imagine climbing a half mile steep let alone a couple of miles of it. I enter tri's from sprints to the occasional 140. I'm 6'3" with a 34" inseam.

Is there another base bar option that rises 50mm or more. I'd hate to pass up on this bike but can't justify a fat wad of cash just to race the flats.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [rs2011] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ew. rear triangle/cutout reminds me of the old/classic P3.

Probably replaces the Slice not the Slice RS...but then again until we have more information, who knows?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [TriSliceRS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Does anyone know if Cannondale is updating the RS? The new slice doesn't seem like a direct replacement.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [buzz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried to get this bike for the 2nd year in a row and came up empty handed. I contacted Cannondale and they tried to find one for me but then said they couldn't. They told me to look at the new slice in which I said no then they insisted that I wait for the next lineup to come out in 2015. I asked them if they were done with the RS but they just told me to wait till 2015, so i'm guessing they got something special in the works to make the bike not only performance oriented but much more travel friendly and convenient to disassemble and put together again. Most mech's i've talked to say that the RS was one of the harder bikes to put together and after that recall i'm sure C-dale wants to get it right. One of the hardest bikes to get your hands on brand new too.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got this up last week. 2014 w/ Sram red. Need to get everything fitted and proper bolts to take out the risers. Also swapping out the base bar for a Zipp Vuka because I can't stand the look of it!

Quote | Reply
I'll probably be selling my TriRig Alpha which has less than 100 miles for about $500 if interested. I have it on my Plasma 3 and was thinking this bar was meant for a slice RS.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [masa757] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got off the phone with Cannondale.. the 2015 Slice is NOT even UCI legal... I asked them about the availability of the Slice RS as I heard it was only available as a frameset.. the woman told me she only had a 54 RS left, and that she didnt see anymore stock coming for the RS complete or frameset... although my friends dealer catalog listed a frameset...

I have to wonder what is going on... have they stopped producing the RS... but now Garmin and Cannondale have merged and all they have on the table is a Non UCI conforming bike??
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
finally built up this thing after sitting in pieces for like a whole year. It's aite. The brakes suck and take a million hours to make sense of. The angles of the tubes still make me mad, but for a spaceship it'll do fine for 2015 racing and coffee shop KOMs

ultegra 10, wheels+cover , crankset from my caad10. The bottom bracket needed some funky adapters .....

no idea about the fit, but i just slammed the front down, and put the seat with 5cm of the bb, and ~5mm of my road bike seat height. Felt good to go.

Last edited by: nathanong87: Sep 4, 14 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [ParisCarbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ParisCarbon wrote:
I just got off the phone with Cannondale.. the 2015 Slice is NOT even UCI legal... I asked them about the availability of the Slice RS as I heard it was only available as a frameset.. the woman told me she only had a 54 RS left, and that she didnt see anymore stock coming for the RS complete or frameset... although my friends dealer catalog listed a frameset...

I have to wonder what is going on... have they stopped producing the RS... but now Garmin and Cannondale have merged and all they have on the table is a Non UCI conforming bike??

I have heard earlier this year from a rep that they were not going to produce the RS anymore and that the new Slice would take it's place as the only one. Now I could see that changing with the merger of Cannondale and Garmin, or they just ride the 2014 RS

Quote | Reply

what rule(s) does it break? curious as to why it isn't UCI legal.

i do think it would be considered a step down by the cannongarmin squad, which makes me think there is a new rs or they will be on 2014s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anybody tried to run 25mm tires? I'm specifically wondering about the clearance between the tire and brake-cable-housing that comes down through the head tube. Any wisdom out there?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Cannondale Slice RS thread. [jtbrasel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes: never run 25mm tires on a tt bike

Unless you are training on gravel roads or something
In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Post deleted by buzz [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buzz, though I appreciate your response, my goal was not to get into a debate about whether or not one *should* run 25 mm tires, but whether one can on this particular frame. Anybody have a more helpful response?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
One reason to NOT run 25 mm is that the brakes are very particular and fussy to adjust... I am just happy that my Zipps and 23mm tires are the same width, so that I don't need to play with / remove the noodle hanger thingy when changing tires, etc. The space between the hanger and tire is very tight. I wouldn't go there with a 25mm... and I've done a lot of brake fiddling.

Quote | Reply

yeah, i'm sorry man ... not really very helpful of me. i think i reacted because there is so much crap about wide being fast these days.

and the other poster is right, especially if you have the vision base bar, which uses shifter cables for brakes, it is very very fussy to change wheel width. i have barrel adjusters in mine and i still don't like to change widths.
Last edited by: buzz: Jan 3, 15 14:40
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
buzz wrote:
what rule(s) does it break? curious as to why it isn't UCI legal.

i do think it would be considered a step down by the cannongarmin squad, which makes me think there is a new rs or they will be on 2014s.

IIRC the seat stays are too narrow/skinny.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks guys, that confirms what I suspected. Those brakes are so terrible to setup and work on! I like the idea of a barrel adjuster - where did you put it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

here:

Quote Reply

Prev Next