Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I damaged cartilage in my food during the 100 day challenge and developed isolated talo-navicular arthritis in my foot and can no longer run. Hoping a cortisone injection will help but it wonā€™t solve the chronic nature on the arthritis. Iā€™ve been running for 30 years and now that may be over.

IMWI wonā€™t respond to my requests to further defer my entry into this years race.

Our pools are still not open despite 12 active COVID cases in our city of 108k meanwhile Europe has 60K fans in stadiums without masks.

Man could I use a cigarette.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm so sorry, keep us updated. see sig line!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I finally convinced myself to shave my legs last weekend for a big 70.3 race. I then blew my chain and it took my derailleur out with it 15 miles into the bike. WAH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
currently injured and using swimsuits only to lay outside playing Porch Illustrated. If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.

[Like]
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I finally convinced myself to shave my legs last weekend for a big 70.3 race. I then blew my chain and it took my derailleur out with it 15 miles into the bike. WAH

I think some of these cry like a little b*tch are actually things worth real crying. I'd have been so mad - I'm sure you were. I hope you can find another 70.3 in the very near future and have another shot. You should try the shaving again for that, I think.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shockingly I was ok. I just knew there was no point in being angry and was More in shock than anything. Got a ride back in the sag wagon to transition, turned in my chip, left my bib to not mess up the race, and took off on the run course anyway. (No chute, just ran past it until 13.1) Ended up running within 30 seconds of my half PR.

Lemonade out of lemons, but I had a hell of a 70.3 in my legs so Iā€™m just sad.

On to Nats in early august šŸ‘šŸ¼
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Shockingly I was ok. I just knew there was no point in being angry and was More in shock than anything. Got a ride back in the sag wagon to transition, turned in my chip, left my bib to not mess up the race, and took off on the run course anyway. (No chute, just ran past it until 13.1) Ended up running within 30 seconds of my half PR.

Lemonade out of lemons, but I had a hell of a 70.3 in my legs so Iā€™m just sad.

On to Nats in early august šŸ‘šŸ¼

Feel the feelings. You are SO allowed to feel sad.
within 30 sec of your half PR is amazing with a swim and some bike in front of it! That's great! I hope that's a consolation as the sadness ebbs.

Best of luck with Nats, let me know how it goes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was hit by an 18 wheeler, donā€™t have context of the accident and itā€™s driving me nuts. Cops havenā€™t finished their police report, which is the only thing that would give me closure.

I went from 15-17 hours of actual aerobic exercise to 0 in the blink of an eye nevermind the mental lead up to each of those.

I have an addictive personality with seemingly endless free time now. Itā€™s hit me like a ton Of bricks.

Work is giving me less stuff to do for obvious reasons but I donā€™t think they realize I need more to do to preoccupy my mind to not be thinking about the accident 24/7

Is this the right thread for this? Idk and Idc Iā€™m in my backyard drinking several beers until itā€™s time to make dinner
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [MiRoBu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Is this the right thread for this? Idk and Idc Iā€™m in my backyard drinking several beers until itā€™s time to make dinner

people who are not allowed to exercise and are cranky (etc) over it are allowed to write what they like on whatever thread they like. I think this would possibly be disallowed only on the Hottie Thread that used to exist in the LR. Anyway, I'm sorry you were hit and can't work out right now. I hope the police report is finished soon. Do you know when it might be? Not to make you obsess, but were you on a bike? (and if so... how's the bike?)

Keep us updated. Lots of hugs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Quote:

people who are not allowed to exercise and are cranky (etc) over it are allowed to write what they like on whatever thread they like. I think this would possibly be disallowed only on the Hottie Thread that used to exist in the LR. Anyway, I'm sorry you were hit and can't work out right now. I hope the police report is finished soon. Do you know when it might be? Not to make you obsess, but were you on a bike? (and if so... how's the bike?)

Keep us updated. Lots of hugs.

I was. Stopped at a stop sign. In my judgement the whole front of the bike is toast. Front wheel and tire. Fork and the custom handlebar.

Seems like the drive chain is bent or mis aligned.

My chain is dropped stuck around the BB and I tried to put it back in place and it wouldnā€™t budge yesterday.

Bike was brand new a couple months old. Frame may be salvageable but itā€™s got a ton of scrapes and scratches on it.

Havenā€™t taken it to a lbs or trek. Waiting for the police report to be complete before I make a decision.

I donā€™t have a car so I need to coordinate with my dotnstairs neighbor who said heā€™d drive me.
Last edited by: MiRoBu: Jun 22, 21 18:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry about the bike :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Today I was taking my daughter to day care in a trailer behind my bike. The route goes through a suburban housing estate with a 20 mph limit. They are redoing a small section of road around a bend which closes one lane and would be dangerous if it were not for the 20mph speed limit and road furniture that really does make it dangerous to go much faster. I was 90% through the section when some idiot in a truck pulls off a side street at 40+mph and continues straight at me in the only open lane. I avoided getting hit only because I was able to put down the power and get to where the other lane started to open. The driver decide this wasn't enough and hit the brakes, opened the window and laid out an impressive stream of curse words stating he had the right of way because he was in a car. Given this is the UK (so I knew he didn't have a gun), he was absolutely and totally in wrong about the right of way and there were road workers witnessing the situation from feet away to collaborate what happened I wanted badly to grab the glass breaker on me keys and accidently tap the rear window. However I realized that was a stupid thing to do with my 3 year old in the trailer so I just continued on and just let it go.

Idiots like that kill people and he will have left thinking he was in right.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get irrationally upset when I'm cycling & pedestrians walk up to the lights, press the button to stop traffic, then walk across before the lights turn red (because there are no cars around)...and when then the lights change & stop me, they are long gone.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [NAB777] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NAB777 wrote:
I get irrationally upset when I'm cycling & pedestrians walk up to the lights, press the button to stop traffic, then walk across before the lights turn red (because there are no cars around)...and when then the lights change & stop me, they are long gone.

Haha this happened to me yesterday and I echo the sentiment.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MiRoBu wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

I thought that everyone knew by now that those buttons don't actually work

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swim in a three lane pool at the gym close to my house, and recently thereā€™s been a dude showing up at the same time as me that loves to jump up and down in the lane next to me... I try to tell myself itā€™s good practice for an ocean race, but man is it annoying getting thrown off a little bit by those waves!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MiRoBu wrote:
NAB777 wrote:

:)

Yes..it also happened to me the ride I went on not long after my post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The sun had about an hour left before it even started to set, but it was already turning red from the haze of South Jersey humidity

The sky was changing to pink and orange, except where the evening's potential thunderstorms were bubbling up in shades of grey and purple

The temperature was still almost 90 degrees. I could feel the reflected heat from the parking lot wrapping around my ankles as I walked from my car to the gym a few dozen yards away

'There was a time when I would run six, seven, eight miles around Philly on evenings as 'roasty' as this, breathing the bus fumes, and dodging restaurant exhaust fans as they were just way too fucking hot,' I recalled 'And I loved that shit!!!'

I pulled the phone out of my pocket, opened the app with my membership QR code, and opened the door

The cool, refreshing air blew over me

I asked myself ...

'When did I become such a pussy?'

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Last edited by: RandMart: Aug 12, 21 7:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri Bike Transport still has my bike from the World Championship. I forgot to factor their return time. I will have to race Memphis 70.3 Saturday on my road bike. First time I will ever race a 70.3 on a road bike. Boogers. I may not qualify for 2022 WC in this race.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You must channel you inner Gustav Iden/Taylor Knibb
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You only have one Tri Bike? :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
You only have one Tri Bike? :)

LOL!

Pink? Maybe. Maybe not. You decide.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think you can now add, Iā€™m open and transparent but people on YouTube criticize me and so now theyā€™re mean trolls, Iā€™m soft af, but by the way Iā€™m getting paid by another platformā€¦.whahhhh
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [lyla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My last road bike purchase was in 2011, a Cervelo S5 with SRAM force.

My son has grown to my height and heā€™s now using it, Iā€™m left with my gravel.

So Iā€™ve been looking at a new bike, and frankly I think Iā€™ve been priced out of the market. Iā€™m by far not in a lower revenue bracket, what happened and is it sustainable for the bike industry over time?
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I need to get this off my chest; BOP, MOP Ironman for 20 years/14 full distance Ironmans. Retired fall 2019, been training 20 hrs a week for two years with goal of FOP podium at IMCHOO ā€˜21.
Race report: 1 st AG swim, 3 rd bike, 1st at mile 13 on run. Mile 18 cramps and vomiting = walking.
5 th place passed me with 200 yds to finish line, 6th place finish.
I am Ironmanā€™s old little bitch and Iā€™m crying šŸ˜©
Last edited by: TJ56: Oct 1, 21 6:24
Quote Reply

Prev Next