Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh it'd be one huge biatch-fest.

"No MY AG is the hardest! Slot allocation makes no sense! That guy should be a pro! Wahhhhhhhhh"

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife scheduled a dinner/play date Saturday, which will realistically run from 5-8:30pm CST. Means I'll likely miss the end of the Kona live stream. Know this will be year when another Ironwar happens! They're friends we've had to reschedule with recently so cancelling isn't an option. Waaaaaaa!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [lschaan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Middle of a tough 3x10 @ 105% workout my phone (connection to Zwift) dies. I got the workout saved, but had to cut it short otherwise. Maybe it's telling me to save some for the group ride tonight. Hmmm.

POS phone battery. Few clicks and an extra long phone charge cable is on its way.

Also, screw the human body. It's amazing the difference just 10w can make at that duration. Or amazing difference of just a minute can make also. Crazy. Body just goes "eff you home slice".
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triathlon is getting soft and creating the artificial swimmer Whaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A saddle sore has interrupted my bike training and I'm losing my CTL fast. The weather will turn crappy this weekend and only two more weeks of training 'till my A race!

Waaaaahhh!

"They know f_ck-all over at Slowtwitch"
- Lionel Sanders
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Fuller] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Chattanooga was too damn hot. Never doing that sh** again!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've bumped up from the TR low volume plan to the mid volume plan for the final five weeks before my A-race. Combined with more speedwork on the run, my legs are shelled. I did just under 2:00 at 85% last weekend and ran great off the bike. I have 1:15 at 80% today and bailed 30 minutes in... Every pedal turn felt excruciating. Funny what the mind can make you feel like.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought a brand new $8000 bike, rode it for "no more than 500 miles", but for some reason people won't buy it used for 95% of retail cost.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [DV8R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left Kona Tuesday, it was 88 degrees.
My commute by bike this morning was 47 degrees.

First world crying, biatching, and freezing.

----------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Tom_hampton] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Vegas, and it’s always stupid hot. I never have time when the temp is right, and when the temp is wrong I have (some) more time. Why does this sport take place outside and require so much time.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my first IM a couple of weeks ago.. Had a chest cold so under performed. Waaah. this made me properly ill as shit, full on bronchitis and laryngitis and cant train at all.

Watching my hard earned CTL plummet and complaining so hard my wife and friends have stopped listening .. Waaaagh

This is the second time in my life I have had to take Anti-Bacs and it sucks.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....I just upgraded from a dumb trainer to a smart trainer and the trainerroad ramp test came back with a 60w lower FTP.....I have trained sooo hard to get this fucking FTP up and now I lost all my impressive numbers to brag about....uuuaaaaa

btw, I immediately trashed the smart trainer... 1000 bucks down the drain....but I let no one take away my FTP ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A race in 4 days. Legs hurt. Can barely hold 80% of FTP on the bike. Taking a red eye tonight to FL for my aunt's funeral tomorrow morning and then driving directly to Miami Friday afternoon for a Sunday race. Won't sleep until Friday night. Not Happy. Feel bad.

Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Arrgh. First cyclocross race on my new Trek Boone - fell over onto the bike at a remount on 4th lap and heard a snap - got up to find I sheared the seatmast off. Oops. (*%@$!) Unrepairable. 38 minutes of ride time to total a bike must be close to a record at least? I assume frame is now a 20% off coupon with Trek (crash replacement program) but I do crash fairly often in cyclocross, so, hmmmm.. and waaaaahhh

Last edited by: ols: Dec 9, 19 10:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did it go?
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ols] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, that sucks! Looks like that design wasn't made to take lateral impacts (courtesy of the two holes for the chainstay connector).

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reddit down-votes the truth and good advise if it's unpopular.

Whaaaaaaaaaa
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Been sick the past week and then once I finally feel better throw out my back organizing groceries. Feel like one of those TV sitcom dads that throws out their back stuck laying on the couch. Where's the Omnidroid to crack my back into place when you need it.

Waaaahhhh!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [loxx0050] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Had a drainage cold thing going on for a bit. Makes hard work, interesting. Vomited after last week's cross race. Too much stuff going where it shouldn't have.

Then today, barely made it without a repeat while doing indoor Zwift stuff.

Created a DIY workout in TP to send over to my Zwift. I think I discovered how to make yourself feel like you're drowning while riding a bike! 40/20's on the TT bike. Yah!

40/20's aren't new, but some folks have much more bigly engines than me so I have to cut the reps some. I can't do sets of 13.

This is what I concocted:
-warmup
-ramp warmup to TT bike threshold
-rest
-40/20 for 8 reps
-6min rest
-40/20 for 6 reps
-6min rest
-40/20 for 5 reps
-6min rest
-40/20 for 3 reps
-95% for 2min
-last rep whatever you've got
-ramp down from 90% to finish

I did this to limit degradation of quality through the sets and workout. So, the power would stay up and the HR stay up better. Seemed to work. Mentally, it's interesting also as you can make the longest two sets early in the workout as you're fresher. Then you can tell yourself "I can do the rest of these sets because it's a couple fewer reps".

Still though, indoors with the bit of fan.....on the TT bike...........like drowning.

Going by HR, 22min of superthreshold and up. 30min of subthreshold and up. I say the workout worked out well. Just need to lower the zones for the TT bike, forgot and Zwift thought I was failing everything.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triordie1994 wrote:
How did it go?

PRed. 3rd AG/5th OA. 4:18:XX.

Shit swim. Great bike. Great run.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It’s Christmas and I’m off training for the second day. Been dealing with a cold and a really bad sore throat. All this food and feeling like a sloth. Wahhhhh wahhhh wahhhhhhhhhhhh.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was all set for the season and instead of training I’m getting knee surgery on Monday.

2 months no running
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Animalmom2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All this Xmas time off and I'm wicked sick and can't pedal. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [cabdoctor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered stuff from the UK and China and the Christmas holiday is delaying shipments. Waaaaaahhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My christmas gift included a full zip jersey that is too big to be aero..😒
Quote Reply

Prev Next