Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
This one is the epitome of first world problems:

I signed up for Muncie 70.3 in late May after it looked like it was one of the only races that was gunna go this year.

I was out for a race sim workout two weeks before the race. I didn't adjust my derailleur correctly and it cost sucked into the spokes of my 2013 speed concept, thereby destroying the chainstay/seatstay.

I panic-bought a $6,500 speed concept from the Pro's Closet (it's my dream bike... Dura-Ace Di2, DT Swiss wheelset, almost completely blacked out). I got the bike two days later only to find out that a person who was probably 6" shorter than me rode it previously. The stem, mono extensions, seatpost, etc. were WAY too short for me (it was a medium, the same size I replaced, but I'm 6' with a long torso, so I was off the front of the other frame). I again panicked, booked a fit for $400, bought a hardshell travel case for $500 (scicon evolution) because I wasn't going to put this thing in my ruster henhouse, bought a new power2max powermeter, and rush ordered mono extension plugs, seatpost, etc. to make the medium fit my body size. All in all, this bike cost me $9,000 after all was said and done.

Muncie 70.3 was cancelled.

Someone buy my old powermeters I have for sale. :(

Work is paying for me to go back to college (after 25+ years) and I won't be able to ride the Velodrome on Tuesdays and Wednesdays until December.

Waaaaahhh!!!!
Last edited by: jaretj: Jul 10, 20 10:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm sorry for all that, but, admittedly a fitting post for this thread which I am surprised is not getting many posts these last few months...
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Entire cyclocross season locally was just cancelled. I had been holding out hope for that to be a reason to exist this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dude.. you just reconciled buying a 6k race bike on credit that you won't even use this year. Gratz!

As for me...I'm so bored, I don't even want to ride indoors or train at all, so I'm building a fixed gear/single speed.
This was "suppose" to be a cheap ass beater to ride to work and not get stolen when I lock it up on a Navy base.
It has now turned into a $3000 steel, carbon, and oil slick anodized chrome monstrosity with NJS certified kierin track race parts and will most definitely be stolen by a drunken sailor coming off a ship. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have a problem.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [FasterTwitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny! I recently developed BMX cruiser problem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol, I'm doing the same thing. I bought a $900 Salsa gravel bike to commute to work and it's become my favorite bike so I'm going to build it up lighter. My wife said, "I thought you bought that to commute back and forth to work".

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Captain thumbnail cringe's take on Ironman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xae1SXNq26g
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
FasterTwitch wrote:
... and will most definitely be stolen by a drunken sailor coming off a ship

Who will immediately fall on his ass when he realizes how fixies work - or don't - when he stops pedaling

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [RandMart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was 20 freedom degrees on this morning's run after spring-like temps last week. I hate Second Winter. <trying to sob but tear ducts are frozen shut>

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Iron Cowboy's Conquer 100 Challenge is devaluing my previous Ironman finishes.

My race site: https://racesandplaces.wixsite.com/racesandplaces
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [fareastman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if that 70 year old man who ran in our ultra last sat gets out of bed faster than I do right now.

Cant walk down hills to save my life
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It snowed in Tucson last Saturday and had to wait until noon to ride. Also had to change a 100 mile ride into a 50 :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
It snowed in Tucson last Saturday and had to wait until noon to ride. Also had to change a 100 mile ride into a 50 :(

Why couldn't you just do the 50 twice?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
jaretj wrote:

He's on a roll, just let him go.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got hit by a moped official.

They were stopped on the side of the road and decided to do a Uturn without looking as I was coming around the corner. Lucky no terrible damage to me or the bike, scrapes, bruses and a broken tririg brake.

But damn it I missed the podium by about the time I was stopped and on the ground, and she never even said she was sorry. So I'm going to cry like a bitch about it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
jaretj wrote:

Because it was starting to rain :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ADabs wrote:

They were stopped on the side of the road and decided to do a U-turn without looking as I was coming around the corner. Lucky no terrible damage to me or the bike, scrapes, bruises and a broken tririg brake.

But damn it I missed the podium by about the time I was stopped and on the ground, and she never even said she was sorry. So I'm going to cry like a bitch about it

There's a Hallmark Channel movie in there someplace

#meet_cute

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RandMart wrote:
ADabs wrote:

They were stopped on the side of the road and decided to do a U-turn without looking as I was coming around the corner. Lucky no terrible damage to me or the bike, scrapes, bruises and a broken tririg brake.

There's a Hallmark Channel movie in there someplace

#meet_cute

I could possibly ignore that she was likely 30 years my senior, but she showed no concern for the well-being of my bike.

I do have standards.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ADabs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scratch that then, and good riddance to her

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
People are not caring about my safety enough to get vaccinated WAH WAH WAH
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [choppadude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The wristband for my new Garmin watch squeaks
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [choppadude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
choppadude wrote:
People are not caring about my safety enough to get vaccinated WAH WAH WAH

Lavender Room topic is over there, homeslice.......

I'll even give you the link so you don't bring your garbage onto the tri forum:
https://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Lavender_Room_F4/Getting_people_vaccinated_P7514114/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first live road race since 2019 was short by .25., therefore ruining my chance to get a PR in TrainingPeaks and Garmin

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Jkgoff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went outdoor riding and almost had 3 accidents today. I specifically go to a certain spot that is 'safer' to ride, but a lot of people were jaywalking today and I barely saw them until the last minute and it was definitely their fault, but that's life I guess.

It still drives me crazy though.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was told to put this here on another thread:

I just got a screw put in my 5th metatarsal. This added a couple of ounces to my race weight. FML

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next