Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you're in good shape lol.

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slow swimmer (most likely triathlete given use of HRM swim) wouldn't yield in the pool after three lengths of foot tapping. Passed, he tried to race me, failed and then yelled at me for passing him next time we were both at the wall. My swim was unaffected. waaaahhhhhhhh!!!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both Trek and Ironman's announcements were underwhelming.... WAH!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [FastFor114.4] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been focusing on a high quality diet for a few years and I do so well with it.

Except for salty crisps! I can't eat enough of them! To tempting for an Irishman to stay away from potatoes and salt.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Vaulter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My pool is closed for all of March for repairs - so I'll have a big swim ramp up in April for IMTX.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. Show up to a group ride, nearly get dropped.
2. Work harder.
3. Show up to same group ride, get hassled for dropping people.
4. Keep working hard.
5. Try other group ride and get hassled for hanging onto the coat-tails of the crazy fast people.
6. Realize you're perpetually stuck in between.
7. Get frustrated and work harder again.
8. When will this end?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pool was closed for 45 minutes due to poop. Waaaaaah.

After 45 minutes and 30 seconds, they found a second batch that was missed on the first round, canceled the pool for another 45 minutes, thus effectively canceling my swim. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
3 weeks post A race (IMNZ) then I got to play on the MTB. 3 hours of wonderful riding in the Rotorua Redwoods whilst Crankworks was gong on just up the road.

Got to end, and the bloody cafe was closed so they could watch the rad kids do sum phat airtime baby.

There was much pouting and tutting. Didn't actually complain as I'm english, but to be fair it was close.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Duncan74] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Need to replace my speedplay cleats and they're $80 a set! That's almost half the cost a new set of speedplay pedals that comes with cleats!!
Last edited by: mgreer: Mar 26, 19 6:23
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [mgreer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a big spring race season planned starting with Galveston in a week and a half, but I got sick and haven't done any meaningful exercising in over 2 weeks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you use x series, pm me. I have 2 sets of unused cleats. Where are you located, the x and zero cleats are only $40 in the USA.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [FatandSlow] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m in the US and use zeros. Where are you getting cleats for $40?? Only zero cleats I can find online are the aero walkable ones. Seems they’ve discontinued the traditional zero cleats.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My apologies, I don't see the pre-walkable ones anywhere. Walkable (not red) are 54 and 55 at Excel and Competitive Cyclist. Green ones are at Total Cycling for 42.95. If necessary, by two sets to avoid shipping costs.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think how 'fresh' you will be;)
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [triordie1994] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, I'll be fresh alright........as I'm standing on the side of the course cheering people on. Couldn't even run a mile today, think I need to shut it down until next week. :(
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Broke my ankle during a 50km trail race during the weekend. Sitting on the couch for a week. In a cast for six weeks. Was about as fit as I’ve been.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Waaaagh, someone on another thread said Patrick Lange was fat....waaaaagh!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a used 2015 Cervelo P3 in April, it had some moderate shifting issues, but it went unnoticed since I stayed in the regular few gears (big boys don't down shift). Turns out, when I start using the full range of gears, it begins to skip a cog in the middle and get some noisy low gears.

This shifting issue was ignored by the original owner (not bike savvy, thinks ghost shifting was normal), again by a bike shop doing a regular tune up and maintenance, and a bike tech after I said "I may be crazy, but I think my 11 speed bike's shifter only has 10 spots" before he inspected my bike and reassured me that it was likely a bent hanger or sticky cables.

What the hell is on my bike? After talking with the tech again, I think I have a 2015 Cervelo P3 with an 11 gear cassette, Ultegra 6800 rear derailleur, and a microshift 10 speed shifter.

How did this all happen? The original owner bought a 2014 Cervelo P2 (105/tiagra 10 speed), but it had a defect, so the LBS owner offered to upgrade him to a 2015 P3 frame for an extra $500. I believe some of the components from the 2014 P2 ended up on the 2015 P3 frame, except for the rear derailleur and wheels. I thought that the bike tech who originally built up the bike must have been negligent, but for the life of me, I can't find model numbers the microshift shifters myself.

So what is this? A cautionary tale maybe. My relationship with my LBS is a little bruised for not noticing this, but I can't be too hard on them because I rode it for a month before I noticed.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ChandlerMyles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't feeling unappreciated a work. I do my shit. I don't complain (not openly). I make things happen. Then you're overlooked for stuff simply because joe-blow is a half step closer to a similar area on the org chart and they don't even bother looking at it.

Then when you take something on new, everyone pretty much just sees it on the org chart. No email, no thanks, no nothing.

I think that's why I hit my workout today, I'd rather feel the hurt on the bike instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I crashed out of a race last year and vowed never to do that race again (due to the poor road conditions).

Found a suitable replacement race on the same weekend! Awesome!

Just got an email saying the replacement race has been canceled, but not to worry they have transferred my entry to the race I was trying to avoid.

Not awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took on the Race Directo position of a race I've been doing for the past 5 years. It was more tiring than actually doing the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't make weeknight worlds on Tu/Th this week. Posted up that I'm going tonight for any to join. Nice route, any pace, anybody. Crickets. Guess I'm not very cool or popular. Having kids probably has something to do with it.

Guess I'll be alone for my weekly social ride. Tear........
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Me being a biatch:
  • #1 AWA ranking in one of the toughest AGs (35-39) in one of the toughest countries (USA) with a 70.3 dragging me down and I'm still on the outside looking in at Kona, wahhhh
  • 6th OA, & 9th OA not good enough for a KQ, but I get a lot of nice consolation prizes. AG awards, cool screenshots of #1 country ranking, getting to say "nope but I missed by 1 spot 3 times now," everybody telling me how well I did and I have to grit my teeth and nod to not look like an a-hole....

Counterpoint:
  • AWA rankings are bought and paid for, conceded
  • Gotta race who shows up. Same page, I knew I had to be 10 minutes faster every time
  • Everyone knows 30-39 are AGs of death, don't be so surprised. Trust me, I know
  • Just win your AG and stop crying about it. Yeah yeah, working on it

Too old to go pro but doing it anyway
http://instagram.com/tgarvey4
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [MrRabbit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel your pain...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got scheduled for an interview for a great job and immediately came down with a cold, rendering me unable to think, never mind study up on some great interview answers. It's a conspiracy from the universe, I tell you! Waaaahhhhh
Quote Reply

Prev Next