Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Morelock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Crashed on Callaghan the Thursday before IM Canada 70.3 and now can’t race - broken collarbone!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ezl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not pleased with my progress towards "project 300 watts".

Had a work trip detour my training. It was nice riding in France, but was limited to only a few longer mountain climb intervals and a little bit of commuting volume with a good hill on the way home each day.

I'm getting there, but need more overall volume back in the schedule and some better pre-workout nutrition.

It's one thing fueling workouts back when intervals were at 200 or 220w or something. Now that they're 280 to 310w, I'm burning more and some poor breakfast and pre-workout habits are proving costly. As in, not a good breakfast and not much prep for the work.

I foresee some draining 4x8min in my future and on alternate days 30/15.

The good news is that in attempts, I'm doing 300w longer and longer. Up to 8min now from only 3min a month ago. If I can do it for 8, I can do it for 20 soon enough.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that's way too rational of a post for this thread lol
Quote Reply
Post deleted by windschatten [ In reply to ]
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hate the "mandatory" athlete briefings at Ironman 70.3 events. 90 percent of what they cover is in the athlete guide and doesn't need to be discussed. But I still feel compelled to attend because there are usually a couple of useful nuggets of course-specific information-- dangerous turns, the course is long/short, etc. Why can't they either put all the info in the athlete guide, issue a supplement to the guide at check-in, or simply shorten the briefing to include only the information not in the guide? Last race I stood in the sun for an hour to get 2-3 sentences worth of useful information. Waaaah.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My legs feel like trash.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [TravelingTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironman Barcelona in 5 weeks.

Nursing 2 busted ribs after an accident at home

wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhh
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Changpao] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Changpao wrote:
I hate the "mandatory" athlete briefings at Ironman 70.3 events. 90 percent of what they cover is in the athlete guide and doesn't need to be discussed. But I still feel compelled to attend because there are usually a couple of useful nuggets of course-specific information-- dangerous turns, the course is long/short, etc. Why can't they either put all the info in the athlete guide, issue a supplement to the guide at check-in, or simply shorten the briefing to include only the information not in the guide? Last race I stood in the sun for an hour to get 2-3 sentences worth of useful information. Waaaah.

Because you'd surprised at how many (and how much) people hate reading. They already look at the athlete guide and go "fuck this, I'm about to become an Ironman". Now imagine if you make the booklet even fatter.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [RafaelMB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RafaelMB wrote:
Changpao wrote:

Because you'd surprised at how many (and how much) people hate reading. They already look at the athlete guide and go "fuck this, I'm about to become an Ironman". Now imagine if you make the booklet even fatter.

This is completely true. I'm always surprised how many people at the athlete briefings ask really basic questions that are easily answered in the athlete guide. Last 70.3 I did the guy giving the briefing actually scolded someone after he got 3-4 of those questions in a row.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started a thread about sucky IM refund/deferral practices, and it turned into a bunch of "when I had something similar happen I raced anyway" and "just go ahead HTFU and race" comments.

I never asked for your advice or opinions about the medical issue that caused me to ask about deferring, or how you're more of a man than I am.

wwwaaaaaaaahhhhhh

I'm closer to the feathered end of the spear than the point.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [David_Tris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last weekend, I went to a 5k road race, gave everything to set a new PR and by 4,5k, I realized the organizers had fucked up the distance. Ended up running 6,8k, of which the last 1k was almost on all fours.

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
RafaelMB wrote:
Last weekend, I went to a 5k road race, gave everything to set a new PR and by 4,5k, I realized the organizers had fucked up the distance. Ended up running 6,8k, of which the last 1k was almost on all fours.

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Actually, this is totally DIR. Like a TT, leave it all on the line. If vomit or retching, feces, or tears, crawling, or people catching you are involved........you totally did it right.

Kudos to you!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
burnthesheep wrote:
RafaelMB wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Actually, this is totally DIR. Like a TT, leave it all on the line. If vomit or retching, feces, or tears, crawling, or people catching you are involved........you totally did it right.

Kudos to you!

Thanks burnthesheep! I feel a little better now! :)

The legs though... Are still a bit wwwwaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In every race with wave starts, my wave is one of the very last. Every. Single. Race. I have to wait forever, managing hydration and nutrition after transition closes. Then I have to swim and bike through slow people, and when I get to the run it's too hot.

WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [SoonerMagic] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are too many threads in the LR saying mean things about that great upstanding President!!!

WAAAAAAAA!!!!!

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In my race this past weekend the course was modified. Nobody knew the "new" course 100% and after finishing my second loop I was directed to do a third. I knew this was wrong while going back around and had to cut through some barricades to get back on track. Added 2-3 minutes to bike split as I lost 3rd place podium by 1 minute, 2nd place podium by 3 minutes, still crying....sniff sniff

http://www.sfuelsgolonger.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did my first heavy strength session for the off-season yesterday and I'm too sore to do my run for 100/100 today... waaaahhh

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Didn't think this was worth its own thread.

Dear XTERRA - PLEASE stop changing the name on your emails in a thinly veiled ploy to get me to open them. I don't care if you're "Triathlon HQ," "World's Fastest Wetsuits," "Triathlon Wetsuit HQ" or any combination thereof... It's aggravating. Only two other email lists do this which aggravate me to the same extent: Sears (RIP) and Travelocity; not exactly who I'd want to emulate.

Brenden Macy
Sports & Entertainment Attorney
I am Drive. I am Grit. I am Determination.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [brmacy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This government shutdown is killing me!

I was about to rent out my second home for 5 months from Jan-May but the person due to rent it was to be a govt contractor, so the whole rental is on hold now...

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
This government shutdown is killing me!

I was about to rent out my second home for 5 months from Jan-May but the person due to rent it was to be a govt contractor, so the whole rental is on hold now...

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!

I feel your pain. Damn @(@*#*!@er Trump! We are waiting on a Tax ID number to finish transferring my Dad's accounts to me and my brother. IRS may or may not be working.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mostly cycle. The run volume is my own fault. I’m just so damn tired of the Jeckyl/Hyde difference between bike and run speeds.

I can rip legs off on a bike, but my 10k run is a nice Paul Blart mall cop pedestrian 8:30ish if it’s flat and I have a hair up my ass.

I’m slow on foot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New Years Resolutioners have taken over the gym and are stealing all of the hot water from the showers. I have to shower in lukewarm to cold water. Waaa-brrrrrr-aaaaaah.

Take a short break from ST and read my blog:
http://tri-banter.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Tri-Banter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am dealing with the worst case of ITBS I've ever had. I can't walk normal and have been limping since Christmas day (when I got hurt). I have't run since then and I'm likely going to drop my first race of the season off my calendar. To compound that, I'm studying for the Florida bar while working full-time (because I had the dumb idea that being licensed in one state wasn't enough). wah wahhh wahhhhhhhhhhhhh wah.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the movements in these videos. They worked for me almost immediately, and I started a few days before Christmas.

The one with the two guys is from a post I found here about IT band issues.

The second one has been effective for me as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuRhjYqOjz0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI1MB2eii-8

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Zwift took away the leader/placement board in Tour de Zwift stages and now Netflix is more entertaining for me than Zwift. Wahhhhh

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Last edited by: bluestacks867: Jan 14, 19 5:22
Quote Reply

Prev Next