Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was open water swimming/fish watching in Maui above a reef and my wedding ring went flying off my hand and got lost in the coral and rock ..... whaaaahhhhhh

I also forgot to put on sunscreen and most of my upper body has a sunburn now ..... whaaaahhhhhh

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pun_Times wrote:
I was open water swimming/fish watching in Maui above a reef and my wedding ring went flying off my hand and got lost in the coral and rock ..... whaaaahhhhhh

I also forgot to put on sunscreen and most of my upper body has a sunburn now ..... whaaaahhhhhh

I thought there was some kind of items you shouldn't wear when open water swimming or surfing. Due to attracting predators.

Rings and other bling or colors can attract them or something like that.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [burnthesheep] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I always take it off when swimming inside or outside, But I was excited to get in the water and just completely spaced it yesterday

Matt
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training was going well and I just came down with the flu...whaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<not a direct reply>

This thread is really underutilized here at slowtwitch. When you decide to go on a rant, post here with your outrage rather than starting a new thread.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Northy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 6 month old daughter and I am considering sending her to the CDC for infectious disease research. She is a super effective vector for colds and I have been constantly sick since her birth. She is in fact so effective that I picked up a nasty chest infection in the hospital even before she officially entered this world. To top it off she demands to be carried around all evening which is a lot of work for someone with a bad case of cyclist arms.

Poor old me.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:
I have a 6 month old daughter and I am considering sending her to the CDC for infectious disease research. She is a super effective vector for colds and I have been constantly sick since her birth. She is in fact so effective that I picked up a nasty chest infection in the hospital even before she officially entered this world. To top it off she demands to be carried around all evening which is a lot of work for someone with a bad case of cyclist arms.

Poor old me.

Welcome to parenthood!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a concussion three weeks ago and my training has gone totally off track. I can't get psyched to do slow easy workouts where I have keep my HR low.

Now I have a sinus cold and I can't figure out which one is giving me headaches and spins. If it's the cold I'll power through but if the concussion I need to be careful and back off.

I didn't realize how badly it affected me and I'm now discovering all sorts of stuff I screwed up at work in the first week after getting it.

Finally, I didn't even get it doing anything cool (e.g. taking my bike of a sweet jump). I was getting out of bed and stood up too fast then fainted and my head bounced on the floor.

WAHHHHHHHHHH!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [scott8888] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scott8888 wrote:

Poor old me.

Just wait until she's school aged ;)

The unfortunate fact about viruses and bacteria to some degree as well is that they have really crappy copy editing abilities, so that means that over a span of time, say, from when you were a kid in school to you now having your own kid, that same bug has mutated six ways from Sunday and doesn't resemble anything your immune system remembers fighting off long ago. There's been much documented drift in things like Hepeviridae and Noroviridae which are definitely scarier than a cold, but it still exists in other bugs as well.

The kid will be just fine. Honestly the solution is to lock yourself in a bubble. Preferably one large enough to fit a trainer and a treadmill.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Dr_Cupcake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trying to get started again after too many YEARS away from tri training. OMG, have I ever gotten slow, and weak, ... and old! Waaaahhhh!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Ashley Horner thread got locked!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [jpay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Entering my 6th straight day of no training due to the Flu. Averaging 3-4 hours of sleep with severe body aches, brutal cough, and constant cold sweats. Finally on the uptick but...

WAHHHHHHHHH!

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mid-build of my tri bike, realized I forgot to ask LBS for MTB brake cables instead of road ones, my PD levers take the MTB ends. LBS closed on Sundays. Now I have to wait til tomorrow to get back to building. Wahhh
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [PBT_2009] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaved off my winter running beard this morning and now my face is cold. Wwwaaaaaaaa.........

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finally working through ITBS in my left leg. Ran 2 miles yesterday pain free.

Went for an easy run this morning and made it .25 miles. Now it’s my right knee. Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I’ll never get back in shape.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Been unable to do anything besides jog at 5 mph with a sling on the dredmill for the last 4 weeks after hyperextending my elbow. Had my follow up with the orthopedic surgeon Thursday and now we’re scheduling surgery to repair a partially ruptured bicep tendon.

Upper body exercise is out and I feel like I’m turning into a soft, gooey marshmallow. We’re also set to go on vacation to Mexico next week and I’m concerned about dealing with it should it rupture completely while we’re out of town.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve tried a bunch of goggles and only Aquasphere works for me and I don’t want to pay their prices for a goggles that’s not lasting me that long waaaaahh

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Cry like a little biatch here. [chainpin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just bought a fancy new wetsuit in the fall. I haven't even worn it.

This winter, I decided to take performance more seriously and lose 20 lbs. So, my first race is in 2 months, and I will be a lot lighter than when I got my fancy wetsuit. That sucker won't even sort of fit me.

Waaaaaa... I need to buy another fancy wetsuit and get rid of the brand new onme.
Waaaaaa... I also need to buy a new tri suit.
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
I just bought a fancy new wetsuit in the fall. I haven't even worn it.

This winter, I decided to take performance more seriously and lose 20 lbs. So, my first race is in 2 months, and I will be a lot lighter than when I got my fancy wetsuit. That sucker won't even sort of fit me.

Waaaaaa... I need to buy another fancy wetsuit and get rid of the brand new onme.
Waaaaaa... I also need to buy a new tri suit.
Waaaaaa... no one will notice my backdoor brag :)
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [chriskal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chriskal wrote:
Been unable to do anything besides jog at 5 mph with a sling on the dredmill for the last 4 weeks after hyperextending my elbow. Had my follow up with the orthopedic surgeon Thursday and now we’re scheduling surgery to repair a partially ruptured bicep tendon.

Upper body exercise is out and I feel like I’m turning into a soft, gooey marshmallow. We’re also set to go on vacation to Mexico next week and I’m concerned about dealing with it should it rupture completely while we’re out of town.

you've got tequila down there
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [ripple] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ripple wrote:
exxxviii wrote:

Waaaaaa... no one will notice my backdoor brag :)

Here's another for you. I was only able to run 12 miles today because I have a cold. Waah!
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [HuffNPuff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shaved off my winter running beard 2/24, then registered for a 5k on 3/3, then checked the weather forecast and it's going to be below zero that morning.....wwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh my chin and cheeks stung like a biatch.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Last edited by: mck414: Mar 7, 19 12:44
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Shaved off my winter running beard 2/24, then registered for a 5k on 3/3, then checked the weather forecast and it's going to be below zero that morning.....wwwwaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh my chin and cheeks stung like a biatch.

Was it a little biatch?
Quote Reply
Re: Cry like a little biatch here. [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went for my pool swim and found out it will be closed from June until labor day. Waaaahhhhhhhh!!!

I looked up the next closest pool and it will also be closed during the same time frame. Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That TSS is worthless topic? Feeling it today.

Over an hour greater than, not equal, greater than 260w during a 3 hr gravel ride today on the little “zone” chart.

TSS? 170. Screw you. I burn over 2000 kj and only get 170 TSS?

POS.

40 PR’s and a 25 minute long segment top ten worth nothing.

Boooo that sauce.
Quote Reply

Prev Next